• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Kaladin

One of my friends actually fell asleep after the HHH/Roman match started. Shit, even I was starting to feel my eyes get heavy at that point. The match was boring plus I was just burnt out because the show had gone on for way too long.

Fucking 7 hours man.

Vince probably thought "They can watch football all day on Sunday, they can watch wrasslin all day too!"

I had thought about making a UFC analogy how their cards run all day, but aside from Ronda Rousey, Vince actively ignores MMA.

bjork

When Stone Cold and HBK came out I was like "oh, so this is what they are doing".

Clearly people pop for them but seeing old guys come out to earn a paycheck and do their moves and then go away does nothing for me.

They had their day, let the new guys have it now.

I agree with this. There's some way to use them in the show, but feeding current dudes to a guy that hasn't had a match in years or a decade+ does nothing for their character. I'm sure it's cool to say you were in the ring with a guy you watched as a kid, but still.

Kaladin

Riddle me this.

If you are Bray Wyatt and The Rock just issued an open challenge to any of the three members of The Wyatt Family in the ring on the biggest stage of them all....why wouldn't you tell tweedle dee and tweedle dum to go fuck off in the corner and take the match yourself?

kiguel182

Riddle me this.

If you are Bray Wyatt and The Rock just issued an open challenge to any of the three members of The Wyatt Family in the ring on the biggest stage of them all....why wouldn't you tell tweedle dee and tweedle dum to go fuck off in the corner and take the match yourself?

Bray is injured I think.

imBask

Banned
making Reigns a shitface heel would probably turn things around for him too, and get people on his side in the future. I know it, you know it, Vince doesn't

Sephzilla

They got rid of him because he knew what made sense and he was a favourite. A company with Cornette, Heyman, and JR is a damn good company.

latest

kiguel182

making Reigns a shitface heel would probably turn things around for him too, and get people on his side in the future. I know it, you know it, Vince doesn't

What NXT did with Corbin they should just do with Reigns.

Turn him heel, have him beat some indie darlings and the guy who beats him would get a great rub.

Cornette, the man who called Lucha Underground “the most heinous horse shit that I’ve ever seen in my life”, can stay out of the business, thanks.

Fox318

I mean I don't like stupid flippy dippy shit like Chikara but I'm not going to say that they should go out of business.

I will laugh at them though.

Riddle me this.

Wyatt is hurt.

bjork

There's just as much room for LU as there is for Chikara or that Japanese one that had a ladder as its champion or Cornette's old-style stuff with haircut matches and whatnot. Not everyone has to like what you like, it doesn't mean their creative content is suddenly useless. It's okay for something to be not for you.

Next OT subtitle should be that. It's okay for something to be not for you.

Kaladin

I was legit scared for Shane. He shouldn't be doing stuff like that. Nobody should.

I know....I knew what was coming the moment he looked up in the middle of the ring before he even got the bolt cutters and hoped he wouldn't do it.

But man, it sucks that he did it and the elbow didn't even hit. Undertaker could have still won, but damn....just made a cool moment fall flat.

What is the podcast called? I need more to listen to

It's the PWTorch podcast. I don't listen to it all the time, mostly after big RAW's or PPV's. They're usually call in shows so they tend to be a little better than just straight talking. The only other wrestling one I'll check out, regularly at least, is Cheap Heat

I know....I knew what was coming the moment he looked up in the middle of the ring before he even got the bolt cutters and hoped he wouldn't do it.

But man, it sucks that he did it and the elbow didn't even hit. Undertaker could have still won, but damn....just made a cool moment fall flat.
Yep. At least have him be hit by the elbow and kick out so you can say Shane legit gave it everything he had

Instead: "man, that sure was a waste huh Shane"

kiguel182

When I say the distance I was just wishing he wouldn't do it. Not hitting it just makes it worse.

It's the kinda thing that gets a pop but it's just too dangerous.

Fox318

There's just as much room for LU as there is for Chikara or that Japanese one that had a ladder as its champion or Cornette's old-style stuff with haircut matches and whatnot. Not everyone has to like what you like, it doesn't mean their creative content is suddenly useless. It's okay for something to be not for you.

Next OT subtitle should be that. It's okay for something to be not for you.

"Are you trying to expose the business? Do I need to tape my fists?"

Mahonay

Banned
People hate WWE for being so bland these days and then want Cornette's ass in charge?
Cornette should be eating tennis rackets to the face, that's about it.

Giving Heyman a lead role in creative would be the only thing that would make an immediate (likely positive) change in the current climate.

FyreWulff

The only way to do that was without Shane hitting Taker at all, you just can't have two humans hit each other at that distance without something breaking, even if one guy is on top of a gimmicked fall-breaker.

Ring to table or turnbuckle to table LOOKS huge, but it's really just a 4-5 foot vertical drop, and as long as you do it correct it's roughly equivalent to a turnbuckle bump in potential damage.

edit: holy crap wolfram alpha actually can answer that:

https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=human+fall+speed+20+feet

I feel like this GIF could be useful;

FYL7UTH.gif

What I love about Cornette and DDT is that his usual "in my day we could draw a crowd!" shit doesn't actually work when they're drawing 7k fans to Sumo Hall.

Fox318

Cornette should be eating tennis rackets to the face, that's about it.

Giving Heyman a lead role in creative would be the only thing that would make an immediate (likely positive) change in the current climate.

Honestly you do a mix of the Heyman, Cornette, and how HHH books NXT.

You mix and match whats appropriate and you can make it work.

Anth0ny

the nxt booking team has done a pretty great job at created a dedicated audience and expanding it greatly every year

their product is also beloved. that has to count for something.

Kaladin

The only way to do that was without Shane hitting Taker at all, you just can't have two humans hit each other at that distance without something breaking, even if one guy is on top of a gimmicked fall-breaker.

Ring to table or turnbuckle to table LOOKS huge, but it's really just a 4-5 foot vertical drop, and as long as you do it correct it's roughly equivalent to a turnbuckle bump in potential damage.

edit: holy crap wolfram alpha actually can answer that:

https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=human+fall+speed+20+feet

You can at least make it look like Shane hit him though, not have him completely roll out of the way before impact.

Mahonay

Banned
Honestly you do a mix of the Heyman, Cornette, and how HHH books NXT.

You mix and match whats appropriate and you can make it work.
I mean yeah you can pull from Smokey Mountain Cornette, but that kind of stuff has already been woven into all of pro wrestling story telling at this point.

Top Bottom