• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Entropia

No One Remembers
According to Meltzer, names tagged for possible debut tonight include (but are not limited to)
Anderson & Gallows
Enzo & Cass
, and
Apollo Crews

Interesting.

I'm sure /u/falconarrow on reddit will confirm/deny or supply other names.

I'm certain about
Gallows and Anderson

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Regarding the women's division:

Now that they have an actual belt they need to call up some women. As good as those three are they can't make up for the "Total Divas". That division needs more people to remain competitive and relevant.

They will, no worries. The more the merrier, though. Plus Summer Rae can go!

Aiii

So not worth it
The Wrestlemania brand sells out, this is correct. Mania has been selling out every year for some time now. It's huge. Effortlessly. The card doesn't matter. Agree.

For selling Mania, it doesn't, wholly agree.

For selling WWE, I would say the card does matter. All the extra eyeballs should make you want to give the 100% best show ever to keep people coming back for more during the year.

Being the only game in town is definitely making WWE too lazy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
For selling Mania, it doesn't, wholly agree.

For selling WWE, I would say the card does matter. All the extra eyeballs should make you want to give the 100% best show ever to keep people coming back for more during the year.

Being the only game in town is definitely making WWE too lazy.

Well there's always a good reason for them to make an effort and show people a good time. They definitely did that this year, Mania was a good time. You may not like everything, but the majority of it was entertaining and fun.

kiguel182

Or they do the idea that is being floated internally of
Gallows and Anderson raising hell until the "third man" Finn Balor shows up.

I think Balor Club will go the way of the Wyatts because Finn is too small. For Vince, not for me.

Finn is small and can't talk that well, he won't be doing 20 minute promos. And he won't look dominant because Vince won't book a guy his size as a dominant heel.

Unless HHH pulls all his strings and books Balor Club (and Balor) by himself I don't see it working.

thefro

Reigns vs. AJ w/ Balor Club amirite?

They're either going to actually slow burn it or Anderson/Gallows start off way down on the card.

AJ/Anderson/Gallows is way less of a threat to Reigns on paper than the League of Nations, just for an example.

Aiii

So not worth it
Well there's always a good reason for them to make an effort and show people a good time. They definitely did that this year, Mania was a good time. You may not like everything, but the majority of it was entertaining and fun.

It was entertaining, for sure, everyone did their best.

But it also didn't make me want to go back to watching WWE, which I stopped doing completely over the past few months, and only sporadically did for the past year or so. I mean, Mania is where you sell lapsed or lapsing fans on your product, because that's one of the few things they're still watching. And if they're watching that, it's obvious they didn't outgrow wrestling or some dumb reason like that, it's most likely that the product just isn't appealing to them at the moment.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It was entertaining, for sure, everyone did their best.

But it also didn't make me want to go back to watching WWE, which I stopped doing completely over the past few months, and only sporadically did for the past year or so. I mean, Mania is where you sell lapsed or lapsing fans on your product, because that's one of the few things they're still watching. And if they're watching that, it's obvious they didn't outgrow wrestling or some dumb reason like that, it's most likely that the product just isn't appealing to them at the moment.

It's ok. It just ain't your thing.

Goddamn New Day are so good.

Kaladin

There was nothing about Mania that made me want to watch WWE programming every week.

I'll watch Raw tonight and then resume watching via PPV and youtube clips.

I think Balor Club will go the way of the Wyatts because Finn is too small. For Vince, not for me.

Finn is small and can't talk that well, he won't be doing 20 minute promos. And he won't look dominant because Vince won't book a guy his size as a dominant heel.

Unless HHH pulls all his strings and books Balor Club (and Balor) by himself I don't see it working.

This is the best case scenario.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
At the end of the day I enjoyed Wrasslemania on some level.

-Zack Ryder surprise victory
-Booty O's entrance
-Sasha Banks' Eddie tribute gear
-Shane's dive
-Corbin surprise victory in jobber royale
-The Rock and Cena ensuring Wyatt's get a WM paycheck
-HHH entrance
-Vince not giving a fuck

Absolutely worth the price of a free trial friends.

kiguel182

Crews is a great talent that hasn't found his footing I think.

He is very charismatic but hasn't had the chance to show is full potential.

Well, I don't regret going to WM last night. Just going is worth the money, even though it wasn't as big a deal as WM30. Most of the matches were great, a few bad finishes though. I'd like to see their reasoning for not having Sasha win. Tho, she didn't really lose...but it was time for a belt change, and she was ready. It seemed perfect.

Stunned that the main title match didn't have too many shanangans. I'm hearing they turned down the crowd. I mean, he got cheers, but a shit tone of boos. People really didn't care when he won though. By the time he was at the ramp to celebrate, 35% of the crowd was going to the exists.

JavyOO7

According to Meltzer, names tagged for possible debut tonight include (but are not limited to)
Anderson & Gallows
Enzo & Cass
, and
Apollo Crews

Great. I get to hear Anderson rant bullshit to the top of his lungs again like he swears he is a good promo.

Crews is a great talent that hasn't found his footing I think.

He is very charismatic but hasn't had the chance to show is full potential.
That's what I've heard about him. But I've also heard that Vince would have a Lashley hard on for him. Let him get more comfortable in NXT before bringing him to the main roster, I'd hate for him to go to waste.

imBask

Banned
I honestly think Crews, Anderson and Gallows have more potential than Cass and Enzo on the main roster. I can just see them getting destroyed by Vince, much like Bayley

Let's be honest. They're all DOA.

One is going nowhere. One is a tag team that's going to be a comedy act. One is just setting up Reigns destroying them.
Someone needs to kidnap Vince and tell him to fix this shit. I need that Carson whatever Network consultant to come back and try to fix this. Just try to be different for once. Brass ring my ass.

640.jpg

Also, on the broadcast, did you see shaqs logo pop up for a split second during Big Show entrance? I was watching the jerrytron and for a split second it was there, someone started it too early, but then it went back to big show. Then like 10 seconds later shaq came out. Like I SAW it but I didn't believe it. I mean, it was pretty worthless, but still, so much last night felt like a fever dream.

KingBroly

Banned
I guess the one thing I don't like about the Women's title is the red stripe at the bottom on the red background. Kinda wish they made the stripe black.

Also, on the broadcast, did you see shaqs logo pop up for a split second during Big Show entrance? I was watching the jerrytron and for a split second it was there, someone started it too early, but then it went back to big show. Then like 10 seconds later shaq came out. Like I SAW it but I didn't believe it. I mean, it was pretty worthless, but still, so much last night felt like a fever dream.
At the HoF they had a funny, when it was coming back from break it had APPLAUSE on the HD screen.

One thing I don't get is how this Wrestlemania packed that stadium.

This Wrestlemania of all of them. Wrestlemania isn't always a sellout, not even the great ones, but they somehow managed to pack the house with 30k more people than a typical Wrestlemania attendance.

And people knew it would be somewhere between a shit show to a slightly okay show going in.

That stadium is a spectacle by itself, lots of people probably just wanted to see a Mania at that place

thefro

I honestly think Crews, Anderson and Gallows have more potential than Cass and Enzo on the main roster. I can just see them getting destroyed by Vince, much like Bayley

Enzo & Cass are probably the least likely talent in NXT to get ruined by Vince. As long as they can talk on the way to the ring they'll be fine.

They're from the NYC area (Vince seems to favor those folks a bit), homegrown talent, sell tons of merch, great at cutting promos, and Cass is really tall. Plus they're in the tag team division which is pretty weak. Can't see New Day squashing them.

imBask

Banned
Enzo & Cass are probably the least likely talent in NXT to get ruined by Vince. As long as they can talk on the way to the ring they'll be fine.

They're from the NYC area (Vince seems to favor those folks a bit), homegrown talent, sell tons of merch, great at cutting promos, and Cass is really tall. Plus they're in the tag team division which is pretty weak. Can't see New Day squashing them.

agree to disagree, i'm predicting Usos vs Enzo and Cass for the next 4 months, followed by a split angle.

jmdajr

Can't wait for HHH to get his rematch so he can get his title back.

Gonna use my free PlayStation Vue trial today to watch RAW.

Top Bottom