• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Crews will be fine when the rest of,Monster Express shows up

tumblr_nag8t2T1RX1s77bfao1_500.jpg
Sign Ricochet and get ADR outta there.

I honestly don't see any good outcomes for this. You cut the legs out from under Okada at a point if you take away his big reign he's enjoying now, the one he busted his ass for. But you cut Naito's legs out even further if you hold HIM down.

I guess what it all boils down to is...go Naito. You can be a ton of fun and you deserve it. Okada can make a dope comeback for it.

I think they can mitigate the fact that Okada dropping the belt after just one defence would be spoiling his big 'new ace' title run if they make it part of his motivation for getting revenge against Naito - there's definitely some legs to a Los Ingobernables vs CHAOS extended feud, but I think it needs Naito holding the belt all year long and frustrating Okada at every turn, setting things up for Okada's revenge at Wrestle Kingdom.

I think they can mitigate the fact that Okada dropping the belt after just one defence would be spoiling his big 'new ace' title run if they make it part of his motivation for getting revenge against Naito - there's definitely some legs to a Los Ingobernables vs CHAOS extended feud, but I think it needs Naito holding the belt all year long and frustrating Okada at every turn, setting things up for Okada's revenge at Wrestle Kingdom.

This would be dope. I don't think him dropping the belt does any harm that couldn't be repaired, but I just don't know how likely that is. I will always argue a good story is good business.

Regardless of the commentary on BvS.. you bring up a good point.

There is not a single match I want to rewatch from this mania. Ive rewatched last years mania a few times because I enjoyed the matches (especially the main event).

I cant see myself ever intentionally rewatching WM32 again.

That NXT Takeover however...

I don't think Wrestlemania was as bad as people were making it sound. I'd rewatch quite a few of the matches. The only things I didn't like were Shane/Taker, Brock/Ambrose, and HHH/Reigns.

I have already rewatched Takeover in its entirety twice and Zayn/Nakamura an additional time over that though.

Say what you want about Rock's promos (they're awful) but last night he finally gave us his best Mania match since his bout with Hogan at 18.

Caderfix

oh shut the fuck up, max, this isn't even an issue

I kind of is. The champ only won because her father helped, after being in his shadows since before becoming the champ.

This wouldn't have been a problem if it wasn't the first match for the woman's tittle (A BIG nod for the woman's revolution in the WWE) nor Wrestlemania, but, in this case, it was both of those things.

Call me heartless, but I don't really care that much that you're reproducing. I mean, good on you for having sex, but domI really need to see fifity pictures of your baby over the course of a month on FB, you know?

Funnily enough, parents are actually proud of their kids and don't see pictures of them as a stealth brag for having had sex at some point. Just sayin'. Also, from personal experience, those who complain about FB child pics turn around on that attitude real quick once they get their hands on a scan image of their own upcoming offspring.

But yeah cheap attempt at getting sympathy by Reigns, as per usual.

In other news, why does Millenial Max have rainbow hair?

Sunflower - is the avatar rumble cancelled until next year now? Because if there was ever a chance to a) give you respite from your avatar (I mean, you can have too much of a good thing, right?) or b) make everyone here succumb to the same fate, that would be it.

Im still pretty mad about the crowd muting last night, It bothers me, as it is really a slap in the face to the fans. Censoring their right to cheer or Boo. At what point do you say you know what were going to call an audible instead of live producing the sound to hide a horrible flaw?

It just bother me that WWE really doesn't care what the fans want, and they don't listen.

truly disappointed. It was a bad call, and its embarrassing because everyone knew what was going on.

You can't even really call them stupid. They know exactly what they're doing.

You do not do half the stuff that happened on that show if you aren't trying to send a message. The message was loud and clear: "We don't care"

They gave the fans Bryan after they sabotaged the product. Bryan got hurt.
They gave the fans Seth after they sabotaged the product. Seth got hurt.
They gave the fans who they wanted to give them all along, and sabotaged the product themselves so the fans were completely powerless.

If you still have the Network after that, you're supporting that decision. There's no bullshitting a way around it. NXT's on Hulu. DVDs are a thing. Youtube is a thing. You can even get it on iTunes (and Amazon I think). You are supporting something actively telling you it hates you if you look at that Mania and still have a subscription. Plain and simple.

Is anyone else upset in here?

i think I am going to cancel my sub.

AJ lost (they killed him) I doubt well see him in anything high profile again.
Shane lost which made the last month worthless
Zach Ryder won ?????????????? About 5 years too late guys. What a joke
and HHH Roman was the drizzling shits. With Audio manipulation up the arse.

This is a pretty dark time.

I kind of is. The champ only won because her father helped, after being in his shadows since before becoming the champ.

This wouldn't have been a problem if it wasn't the first match for the woman's tittle (A BIG nod for the woman's revolution in the WWE) nor Wrestlemania, but, in this case, it was both of those things.

She's a heel. Heels cheat, especially with managers. It's not an issue, and Ric helping her made sense. Having her win this way helps her build massive heat because it makes people want to see her lose that much more. Landis and others are just trying to build this into something that it isn't.
I still see legitshook.com was not edited out of the OP.

Why should it be?

bjork

Im still pretty mad about the crowd muting last night, It bothers me, as it is really a slap in the face to the fans. Censoring their right to cheer or Boo. At what point do you say you know what were going to call an audible instead of live producing the sound to hide a horrible flaw?

It just bother me that WWE really doesn't care what the fans want, and they don't listen.

truly disappointed. It was a bad call, and its embarrassing because everyone knew what was going on.

It's probably their way of going "oh fuck, we fucked up. Sorry about giving the crowd that slammy. Please quit chanting CM Punk and shit at our shows" without actually saying that.

Upset at what, exactly? They've been doing this for years. It's just that no one watches Smackdown.

kiguel182

You can't even really call them stupid. They know exactly what they're doing.

You do not do half the stuff that happened on that show if you aren't trying to send a message. The message was loud and clear: "We don't care"

They gave the fans Bryan after they sabotaged the product. Bryan got hurt.
They gave the fans Seth after they sabotaged the product. Seth got hurt.
They gave the fans who they wanted to give them all along, and sabotaged the product themselves so the fans were completely powerless.

If you still have the Network after that, you're supporting that decision. There's no bullshitting a way around it. NXT's on Hulu. DVDs are a thing. Youtube is a thing. You can even get it on iTunes (and Amazon I think). You are supporting something actively telling you it hates you if you look at that Mania and still have a subscription. Plain and simple.

Pretty much. If you have the Network you are saying this is okay. And most people will stay subscribed even if they hate the product.

Caderfix

I am. I went in expecting very little, and ended with nothing. Nothing came to a conclusion as the same feuds will keep going, only two matches that weren't bad (ladder was meh and woman's was pretty good), extremely long and the muted crowd made this a very bad Mania.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The thing that bugged me most was that they had Shane do something legitimately dangerous for no real payoff since he's apparently just gone now. Like that spot didn't make me say anything other than "I'm nervous Shane is about to die on television."

Mahonay

Banned
The thing that bugged me most was that they had Shane do something legitimately dangerous for no real payoff since he's apparently just gone now. Like that spot didn't make me say anything other than "I'm nervous Shane is about to die on television."
Yup. Stupid fucking spot for something that looks like it will amount to nothing.

bjork

There's no way they do Raw tonight without some mention of Shane. He may not be on the show to sell the match, but I can totally envision some Vince promo like "I want that son of a bitch to hand me those documents in this very ring"

Then linda comes out and objects to being called a bitch, and we get WM2000, except for a year instead of one night

I subscribe to the network for my Ric Flair fix. But the product is really bad right now, and last night was weak looking before hand, but even worse after the fact.

i think I am going to cancel my sub.

I only sub when I want to watch something anyway - the old library was fun the first time I had it, but I never watch it now.

I agree about the crowd muting, offensive as shit. "Hey guys! Thanks for being our record breaking gate of WWE fans! Cheers for the dollars! In thanks, we're going to attempt to censor you because fuck you that's why"

Aiii

So not worth it
Funnily enough, parents are actually proud of their kids and don't see pictures of them as a stealth brag for having had sex at some point. Just sayin'. Also, from personal experience, those who complain about FB child pics turn around on that attitude real quick once they get their hands on a scan image of their own upcoming offspring.

There are people that post a pic of their kid or two on FB. And there are people who post fifty pics of their kid on FB. Which one are you?

I really don't care how proud anyone is of little Jimmy or Janey, they aren't special. They are kids and once your likes go down to only their aunts and grandma, you are posting too many pictures of the kid on that donkey ride, I'm just saying.

Everyone has these friends, lets not pretend you haven't blocked at least one person on FB from your timeline that did this, we are amongst friends here, nobody will judge you.

Razorskin

----- ------
Vince shouldve come out with tears in his eyes saying "GODDAMMIT SHANE DON'T DO IT, I LOVE YOU" With Vince getting the cage raised and Shane jumping anyway.

JavyOO7

So what are you guys expecting from Naito/Okada? I'm honestly surprised they're doing it this soon, I thought it would be set-up in the G1 (which Naito would win) and they'd have the title match at WK12. I think if Naito wins at Invasion Attack, he's got to hold it all year - if Okada beats Naito clean, or wins it back at Dominion, there's going to be some serious backlash from certain sections of the audience haha.

Naito ain't winning poopy. Okada will have this belt for a multi-year reign, for better or for worse. My opinion does not hold much weight seeing as how I'm only in early 2015 with NJPW viewing but with hearing about the product through various forums and hearing Meltzer talking about it... to me, it seems like its much too soon for the golden boy to lose. He's now the big fish of the company because he beat Tanahashi... Okada is gonna run through people like he's John Cena.

Naito won't get it. Nor will Goto, because Goto while an 'okay' wrestler, still got outperformed by Nagata and that told me everything I need to know about Goto. And wasn't Goto originally supposed to main event a big NJPW show but the creative asked the fans for input and had something else take its place? Yeah.

I'd rather have Shibata or Honma beat Okada for the belt... but I don't think NJPW is that cool.

bjork

Random question: anyone here still playing Immortals? I see the icon has Warrior on it now, but I haven't played since shortly after it came out. How did they make him look?

Top Bottom