• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

JavyOO7

I didn't notice any hiccups whatsoever on my Xbox One last night. Maybe you need to upgrade your internet?

I get 75mbps connection with Comcast. Nothing else freezes, stuff like Netflix, Amazon video, youtube, blah blah blah. WWENetwork has been freezing on me more and more lately, especially yesterday where I missed the entirety of the women's match and most of the HIAC match and I had to watch it in my Moto G 2014 phone with the 3g on.

Strangely, after the HIAC match everything was A-OK. Someone either in this thread or in the WM thread reminded me that MLBMedia folks run the network and I completely forgot about that... maybe they just can't handle the load properly where everyone can run fine a live stream. Or maybe its my ethernet that's connected to a 5 year old router. Probably that... just too lazy to diagnose right now.

MG310

oh shut the fuck up, max, this isn't even an issue

Pretty much.

It was a dirty win over Sasha and a clean win over Becky all at once.

And now we get down to some Sasha/Charlotte business.

Hopefully they have something decent for Becky to do outside of the title scene.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
5. Thoughts on Tonights RAW -
However I think this sub will be disappointed in one return that causes a title change tonight. Who knows though, I really like it though.

giphy.gif

Entropia

No One Remembers
WWE's thoughts on NXT Takeover and Joey Samoey -
Ecstatic. Takeover continually proves to be a success for the company and its fantastic. Not sure about Joe's future but know that they totally want him for a main roster run.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
So the match could've been better, put young stars over and maybe Shane wouldn't have had to kill himself for nothing? This makes it even worse.
Don't pretend like Taker's solo match with Bray at WM31 last year wasn't the worst thing since Taker facing Giant Gonzales.

klonere

Banned
tfw you skip through Mania after work

DzYRaXf.gif

It was fucking awful. The women's match saved it from having zero good matches on the show. Didn't give a fuck about the ladder, didn't give a fuck about the goon stunt show that was Shane/Taker and lmao AJ ahahahah. Crowd seemed super quiet for nearly the entire show (that's probably cos the stadium is too damn big I guess).

I didn't pay a dime to watch and feel bad for even giving it the time of day.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I can't believe that vanilla prick Balor went over him. Samoey Joey should've went into business for himself.

Sephzilla

My casual wrestling fans yesterday all agreed that the stage and ramp they used for WrestleMania this year was way too big.

All of these "larger than life" superstars look tiny as fuck on that huge ass monstrosity of a stage. Go back to some slightly simpler but unique WrestleMania stages and save some money so that a couple other PPVs can have their own sets again.

JavyOO7

Joey Samoey should have won in Takeover. I like Balor, the house show tours he does people really like the guy and I'm sure he brings in tons of money for those tours, but... man. Joe should have won. Because now what does Balor do? Unless my boys Baron Corbin or Tye Dillinger get the belt... Balor has everyone beat. Unless Nakamura blazes through the division and wrecks Balor Summerslam weekend?

bjork

My casual wrestling fans yesterday all agreed that the stage and ramp they used for WrestleMania this year was way too big.

All of these "larger than life" superstars look tiny as fuck on that huge ass monstrosity of a stage. Go back to some slightly simpler but unique WrestleMania stages and save some money so that a couple other PPVs can have their own sets again.

They should bring back In Your House

Entropia

No One Remembers
Lana as an in-ring performer - Still rocky. Alot of the womens roster still do not feel super comfortable in ring with her which is very understandable. It will take time, she is a super hard worker. She'll get there.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
sdasdasadsf0gs5k.gif

dsffdssdgdpks6t.gif

sir bleed-a-lot? nowhere near Nakamura and Zayn

nakamura had his same match he almost always has. with the same spots. the people who thought it was the best match ever have likely never even seen his matches before or were caught up in the moment because his match with ibushi and tanahashi were far better because they used nakamura's spots and told a story. it was pretty much a 'here are nakamura's spots' showcase. where as joe made his match feel like a feud. which is the point of wrestling.

JavyOO7

Oh yeah, I'm sure many have said it already but I will say it too -- fucking Corbin should beat Aries. Even if Corbin ends up being a main roster dude today then he still should have beat him. Aries has all the time in the world to get his heat back and etc etc. Besides, Corbin was way more entertaining than Aries anyway.

kiguel182

Joey Samoey should have won in Takeover. I like Balor, the house show tours he does people really like the guy and I'm sure he brings in tons of money for those tours, but... man. Joe should have won. Because now what does Balor do? Unless my boys Baron Corbin or Tye Dillinger get the belt... Balor has everyone beat. Unless Nakamura blazes through the division and wrecks Balor Summerslam weekend?

Samoa Joe deserved the win. He looked like a monster. Such an awesome performer.

Joey is the best. The shots of bloodied Joe throwing Finn over the barricade was one of the highlights of the night
5. Thoughts on Tonights RAW -
However I think this sub will be disappointed in one return that causes a title change tonight. Who knows though, I really like it though.
Alex-Riley-e1454707909646.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
But they already did that. I don't want to see Joe wrestle Balor AGAIN because Balor has already beaten him twice. Even if it was by 'fluke' they already did that.

Gotta make Balor look strong was as bad as Jericho winning. Maybe worse. There is NO natural feud for Balor anymore. And Joe continuing to say 'yeah you got lucky again!' isn't going to work.

Sephzilla

I wouldn't do Joe/Balor 3, at least not for a long time. If you do Joe/Balor 3 anytime soon you need to have Joe go full ham and just squash the fuck out of Balor.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Lana backstage 'heat' - I think this boils down to one very simple thing - she isnt. Alot is rumors. No one I know has a problem with her.

The second person to give notice -
I dont think it was but I think its apparent now that it was Brie.

Return tonight -
There is a women coming back tonight though. :)

Joey Samoey on Main roster debut -
Not tonight he isnt. Others are though.

kiguel182

But they already did that. I don't want to see Joe wrestle Balor AGAIN because Balor has already beaten him twice. Even if it was by 'fluke' they already did that.

Gotta make Balor look strong was as bad as Jericho winning. Maybe worse. There is NO natural feud for Balor anymore. And Joe continuing to say 'yeah you got lucky again!' isn't going to work.

I agree.

Unless they bring Joe to Raw (and kill his momentum) there's was no point in Balor winning. I think they want to build NXT around him but Joe winning would be a better outcome I think.

kiguel182

I wouldn't do Joe/Balor 3, at least not for a long time. If you do Joe/Balor 3 anytime soon you need to have Joe go full ham and just squash the fuck out of Balor.

I would be up for Joe just killing Balor. Going full crazy on him. They should've done some variation of that in Dallas. With the blood and all he looked unstoppable.

Nak/Sami is incredible for me in how much I shouldn't have liked it but did. It's comparable to some of the worst tendencies of Mania main events that are "epic" just because (HHH/Cena and HBK/Cena come to mind). Here there are two great guys I don't imagine being particularly interesting together and have no real story to speak of going into it. By the end, though, it added a much needed dimension to Sami where he looks a lot tougher and Nak gets about as good of an obligatory showcase intro as you can get. The fact that Sami was able to even get any sort of character development out of a nothing match is great.

But, yeah, Joe was on another level that night. Too bad they made the wrong call.

Entropia

No One Remembers
RE: Tonight and potential returns -
Sorry, TWO returns.

Tonight's main event -
It does not (Editor's Note: end in a generic 6-man tag #4 like it did last year). A fatal four way. You'll like it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You could make Joe the dominant heel champion a la Vader and the WCW title which they've never done with the NXT title before. It's someone that a long reign would make sense for because he'd be the big obstacle. You could do Joe/Nakamura, Joe/Itami, Joe/Crews, Joe/Gable, Joe/Aries

Finn has beaten EVERYONE. You can't do Finn/anyone.

You could make Joe the dominant heel champion a la Vader and the WCW title which they've never done with the NXT title before. It's someone that a long reign would make sense for because he'd be the big obstacle. You could do Joe/Nakamura, Joe/Itami, Joe/Crews, Joe/Gable, Joe/Aries

he'll probably drop the title to Aries :(

Sephzilla

I don't think they've done Balor/Corbin, and Balor/Itami seems like a logical feud whenever Itami gets back from injury

Top Bottom