• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

iMax

Joe has no more point on NXT. Just bring him up.

Be careful what you wish for.

bigshow.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Like you can't even turn Balor heel because it wouldn't make any sense. Because he's beaten everyone and he didn't have to be devious to do it. You could have had him do something slightly heelish against Joe because he knew he couldn't beat Joe the normal way and then lead that into another feud with someone. But again, that woudln't make sense because they've booked him where he can wear his stupid cosplay and beat anyone.

The only options now involve either rushing Nakamrua to a title reign or rushing La Sombra onto TV and giving him a bunch of wins real fast.

Balor being able to beat Joe and former champions like Neville says I've got a hard time believing him losing to Itami or Corbin(who lost to Joe pretty decisively and I doubt will even be on NXT for much logner).

I think they're going to fall into this hole with Asuka too.

Entropia

No One Remembers
How long this nightmare will last -
Honestly, I am guessing a while. From what I have seen till at least Summerslam.

sdasdasadsf0gs5k.gif

dsffdssdgdpks6t.gif

nakamura had his same match he almost always has. with the same spots. the people who thought it was the best match ever have likely never even seen his matches before or were caught up in the moment because his match with ibushi and tanahashi were far better because they used nakamura's spots and told a story. it was pretty much a 'here are nakamura's spots' showcase. where as joe made his match feel like a feud. which is the point of wrestling.

I agree here. It wasn't a bad match but it wasn't the hype people keep talking

For me the match of the weekend was NXT tag match. Holy hell was that fucking great.

People are seriously losing their shit over that Nakamura/Zayn match - reminds me of the after-hype for Bayley/Sasha (where a certain prominent pundit calling it better than any AJW match ever). Someone said earlier that they've seen every 'big' Nakamura match and it was easily one of his top 3 ever and I was like: I can name you 10 matches off the top of my head that were better. It's cool that people liked it though, but objectivity doesn't fare well in the face of overwhelming hype.

Fuck me, that Wrestlemania. Without doubt, the most unsatisfying Mania I remember. And out of Ambrose, New Day, and AJ fucking Styles, you can't put one over on a night where Roman wins? Fuck this for a laugh, after Raw I'm out again.

People are seriously losing their shit over that Nakamura/Zayn match - reminds me of the after-hype for Bayley/Sasha (where a certain prominent pundit calling it better than any AJW match ever). Someone said earlier that they've seen every 'big' Nakamura match and it was easily one of his top 3 ever and I was like: I can name you 10 matches off the top of my head that were better. It's cool that people liked it though, but objectivity doesn't fare well in the face of overwhelming hype.

I thought I was nuts for not thinking Sasha/Bayley from Brooklyn was hype but guess I'm not alone

Zach

Already tearing down Nakamura/Sami and Bayley/Sasha. You should all be ashamed of yourselves and of your leader Bootaaay.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Storyline / Winning Planning - Depends. Roman winning THIS mania was something in the pipeline for over a year. Baron Corbin wasnt the winner until Friday. Different things happen.

I expect Aries to get a throwaway title match at some taping before Nak steps into to take the belt off Balor.

I would think the other way around, since I doubt Nak is gonna be in NXT for a long time, and I doubt there are plans for Aries on the main roster anytime soon

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If Vince saw that Corbin match, he wouldn't have booked him for WM

Corbin gave that shrimp WAY too much. Which Hall said was the shit that Vince hates

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's kind of like when everyone lost their shit over DoFixer vs Blood Generation in ROH

I wanted to ask Dave Meltzer if he had ever seen a Dragon Gate match before cuz....

In this new era of women's wrestling and respecting the division. Are hair extensions still going to be down to most female wrestlers knees?

kiguel182

How could Vince resist a big man with a receding hairline and a cool entrance? HOW?

It also means the chances of him not getting is gimmick are high and he is coming with no concrete plan.

I smell Kane vs Corbin coming.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Ryder
Question - What I want to know is, was this more of a "They'll never see this coming" thing than "I don't know where we're going with this", and are there plans for Ryder going forward, or is the plan to have him drop the belt quickly to a heel and get back out of the picture?

Answer
Option 2 sadly. I have more to say on this subject at a later date. Bringing it up now wouldn't be wise.

Ambrose - I am not super sure what is planned for him but I know last night did not go the way that Ambrose envisioned. Word was he was fighting for harder weapons and they didnt budge.

Most things involving NXT seem to be overhyped to me.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Interesting

1) Who is the most miserable wrestler that you have met? - Which my answer would be Emma. She is mean.

1.8 network subs for mania

The WWE announced that as of today they have 1,824,000 worldwide subscribers to the WWE Network with 1,454,000 of them being paid subscribers and 371,000 subscribing on the free trial period. It breaks down to 1,390,000 domestic subscribers (paid + free) with 1,109,000 paid domestic subscribers and 434,000 international subscribers with 345,000 being paid and 89,000 free international subscribers.

Last year after WrestleMania, they reported 1,315,000 total subscribers

Top Bottom