• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

kiguel182

Their Network is growing, they have no reason to improve the product.

Also, no surprise Ambrose wanted a better match. He is a smart dude.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Barrett

Still leaving, he has a legends deal in place for when he goes so they can still use his likeness. Not sure what he has down the pipeline though, who knows how long he'll stay in the LoN...

Regarding the Miz spoiler: It makes complete sense and is the right move. KO and Joe would get huge pops for murdering Ryder, Miz will not and as if he already wasn't the best heel on the roster, now he gets this? Awesome, indeed.

Toki767

It's pretty sad that a year ago, the IC and US titles meant something.

Today, the Women's title is the secondary title in the company. Not that that's a bad thing, but it does make me question how long they can even keep the women's division going strong.

From Max Da Gawd Landis

cP5RQAn.jpg

Bronx-Man

Banned
So lemme get this straight,
any other day of the year this thread would be filled with people going on about how Miz sucks and he should've never main evented WM and he can't wrestle and wah wah wah but now he's the best choice to be IC champion to you guys?

tumblr_nu4fwcK1UT1rn2n0zo1_400.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
any other day of the year this thread would be filled with people going on about how Miz sucks and he should've never main evented WM and he can't wrestle and wah wah wah but now he's the best choice to be IC champion to you guys?

You know what this is

People love to be upset. The truth is that besides Liquidsnake, nobody is unhappy. They love it.

Sephzilla

Hey now...
I've been firmly in the camp that Miz deserves another main event run for a while now. The dude's a legit good heel and a solid as fuck talker

I just wanna see the belt off Ryder. Dude's beeb a joke and won't be on TV in 2 months. And he shouldn't have main-evented Mania.

It's not any other day of the year, though, it's the RAW after Mania. Miz is one of the few heels that can still get booed in front of this crowd. Would be a great time to do it.

bjork

Never mind that, I just won the... whatever the japanese world series is, in this konami baseball game for iphone

d7F2l0N.jpg

I'm pretty sure that says "bjork is badass"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
After last year's atrocious crowd, imagine if Brie does her retirement speech tonight. It's going to be really gross.

somedevil

Here is the network subscriber amount after Wrestlemania:

WWE Network has 1,824,000 subscribers after WrestleMania, but 459,000 of them are free trials.

So 1,365,000 are paid and the question is how many of the 459,000 can they get to stay and pay?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

So 1,365,000 are paid and the question is how many of the 459,000 can they get to stay and pay?
Around 70% expected, that's the usual amount.

Toki767

It's really sad that instead of giving people what they actually want, their whole plan to get people to subscribe to the Network is hoping that people forget to cancel their free trial.

Pro

So I'm fairly new to WWE. Is there a reason why Roman is disliked so much? Is it just his presence on the mic (Believe Dat?)

Dude looks alright to me physically and his fights in the ring are pretty good. He's not as flashy as Seth Rollins but can still put on a show and take a beating. The Main Event against Brock at last year's WM was pretty legit.

I felt pretty bad how he was getting booed last night.
Ruined his spotlight with the belt.
The dude's putting in work and training hard to put on a show the writer's create for him. At least applaud that.
Either way him winning is better than HHH winning.

Shane should have won and with Roman winning should have dealt a major blow to The Authority. Then they could have worked a script with the Authority being down and possibly bringing Seth Rollins back to get them back in power.

bjork

I just realized I've been up since 8 last night. It's 2 pm now. I think I better go have a nap. Play nice and I hope
Nash comes out to beat Ryder
tonight

So I'm fairly new to WWE. Is there a reason why Roman is disliked so much? Is it just his presence on the mic (Believe Dat?)

It's a thing where he's the chosen one to be the new face after Cena, but it isn't organic so he gets booed all the time. Plus he seems like an arrogant twat in interviews, like he deserves a top spot because he's related to Rock.

My current WWE musings.

Will Ryder be able to go 1 week before losing that belt?

Will they be able to do a payoff for the whole Charlotte / Ric stuff before Ric gets arrested for being a drunk again?

Is raw really going to open with the authority, then a cocky as fuck roman pops up and makes dumb jokes?

Will the commentary team ever mention the boo's Roman is getting or is WWE going all the way with sound editing and going to commit to this dark road?

daemissary

The Raw after Mania has been legit for how many years in a row now? 4 or 5?

I kinda hope tonight is a disaster too because it's gonna be much harder to turn down the crowd mics with a smaller, more hardcore crowd.

Pro

I just realized I've been up since 8 last night. It's 2 pm now. I think I better go have a nap. Play nice and I hope
Nash comes out to beat Ryder
tonight

It's a thing where he's the chosen one to be the new face after Cena, but it isn't organic so he gets booed all the time. Plus he seems like an arrogant twat in interviews, like he deserves a top spot because he's related to Rock.

See I've never gotten any type of vibe like that from his interviews. I've never heard him try to plug his relationship with The Rock. If anything, the USOs do that more. I dunno, Seth Rollins looks to be more of the new face after Cena than Roman.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Joey is the best. The shots of bloodied Joe throwing Finn over the barricade was one of the highlights of the night

Alex-Riley-e1454707909646.jpg

Alex Riley cutting promos in broom closets was the secret funniest thing in NXT the last few months

Dude looks alright to me physically and his fights in the ring are pretty good. He's not as flashy as Seth Rollins but can still put on a show and take a beating. The Main Event against Brock at last year's WM was pretty legit.

I felt pretty bad how he was getting booed last night. Ruined his spotlight with the belt. The dude's putting in work and training hard to put on a show the writer's create for him. At least applaud that. Either way him winning is better than HHH winning.

Shane should have won and with Roman winning should have dealt a major blow to The Authority. Then they could have worked a script with the Authority being down and possibly bringing Seth Rollins back to get them back in power.

In 2014 Batista won the Rumble. Reigns was the last person eliminated, and the crowd was cheering for him to win (everybody knew Batista was winning after he came back, and they didn't want it). The crowd was mostly behind Reigns as he kept getting a push the rest of the year. Then things took a bad turn in every direction. Bryan (the person they wanted all along) got hurt, so Cena took Bryan's place, dying at the hands of Brock at Summerslam. Survivor Series comes along and they wanted to do this big tag match to end the Authority at long last, and they wanted Reigns to get this big moment so you'd believe it when he won the belt, but Reigns got a hernia and couldn't do the match.

They reacted to this by giving Reigns satellite interviews every week where he'd talk about coming back, and he'd say the stupidest scripted jokes. The crowd hated it more and more. When he finally came back, he kept doing it while fighting the Big Show for months, with the crowd hating it more and more. And then he won the Rumble doing it, which the crowd expected, and hated, to the point they had Seth take Bryan's place and be the savior to try and calm the fans down. Except Seth kept looking like shit and got hurt, while Reigns still kept winning, doing long promos with jokes that the crowd couldn't care about, and main eventing. It was clear they were doing everything for Roman except the stuff that made fans like him in the first place, and the more he was seen, the more he did it, and the more upset the crowd became.

Finally it resulted in...this. His 3rd reign in 6 months, his 3rd big moment in half a year, being hyped as his Real Moment. Amidst a crowd of boos. Because he still talks too much, because he's still cocky in interviews and onscreen, and because they still won't change anything about him to make fans like him again because they want him so badly to be the new Cena, and Hogan, and Rock, and Austin all at once, forgetting that he's none of those. He's just Roman Reigns. For good and for bad, that's who he is. And if you just had him not say shit, this whole time, maybe none of this happens the way it does. As is, in a pisspoor Mania where everything went wrong, this was the only part fans expected completely, which is why it was booed most. It was the culmination of fans being told for 3 years they didn't care about what they wanted, to end an event where they were told it repeatedly for 7 unceasing hours.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I just thought you guys would be more upset, especially being treated like we were yesterday.

It's WrestleMania. They've made it clear its the day of the year where the carny rules don't apply and they'll just do whatever they think will get people to keep buying WrestleMania. There was no rhyme or reason for the biggest pops on the event to have happened, which was A) Stone Cold stuns random people, or B) the Rock beats up random people.

Seriously: Meltzer's been saying the New Day existed for the a certain angle for months and it turned out it was just an out-of-left-field Stone Cold appearance.

Colocho

Banned
After this post Mania Raw I'm only reading the results. I can do this.

Yep, unless Kurt Angle makes a return tonight or something monumental happens, I'm seriously gonna rethink this whole wrestling thing. Maybe just watch the PPVs for a while and then drop it altogether.

Angry Grimace

In 2014 Batista won the Rumble. Reigns was the last person eliminated, and the crowd was cheering for him to win (everybody knew Batista was winning after he came back, and they didn't want it). The crowd was mostly behind Reigns as he kept getting a push the rest of the year. Then things took a bad turn in every direction. Bryan (the person they wanted all along) got hurt, so Cena took Bryan's place, dying at the hands of Brock at Summerslam. Survivor Series comes along and they wanted to do this big tag match to end the Authority at long last, and they wanted Reigns to get this big moment so you'd believe it when he won the belt, but Reigns got a hernia and couldn't do the match.

They reacted to this by giving Reigns satellite interviews every week where he'd talk about coming back, and he'd say the stupidest scripted jokes. The crowd hated it more and more. When he finally came back, he kept doing it while fighting the Big Show for months, with the crowd hating it more and more. And then he won the Rumble doing it, which the crowd expected, and hated, to the point they had Seth take Bryan's place and be the savior to try and calm the fans down. Except Seth kept looking like shit and got hurt, while Reigns still kept winning, doing long promos with jokes that the crowd couldn't care about, and main eventing. It was clear they were doing everything for Roman except the stuff that made fans like him in the first place, and the more he was seen, the more he did it, and the more upset the crowd became.

Finally it resulted in...this. His 3rd reign in 6 months, his 3rd big moment in half a year, being hyped as his Real Moment. Amidst a crowd of boos. Because he still talks too much, because he's still cocky in interviews and onscreen, and because they still won't change anything about him to make fans like him again because they want him so badly to be the new Cena, and Hogan, and Rock, and Austin all at once, forgetting that he's none of those. He's just Roman Reigns. For good and for bad, that's who he is. And if you just had him not say shit, this whole time, maybe none of this happens the way it does. As is, in a pisspoor Mania where everything went wrong, this was the only part fans expected completely, which is why it was booed most. It was the culmination of fans being told for 3 years they didn't care about what they wanted, to end an event where they were told it repeatedly for 7 unceasing hours.

Right around the 0:45 mark of this video explains what's wrong with Reigns to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvf2XQeTqRY

Like, why the fuck did he add that stupid part in and ruin the whole promo? It's this kind of shit that ruins his character.

I feel like I say it at least once a month, there is such a wealth of easily accessible non WWE wrestling these days, if you hate the show so much and keep watching it, that's on you. It's so easy to go without the main roster. In the last two years, I've watched next to nothing of the main product, and I'm more into wrestling than I ever have been.

NXT and the GCS are keeping me on the Network unfortunately.

Google Maryse, then you'll know why

with safesearch off, of course

Top Bottom