• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Why would he think Sami was hurt when they shot an angle with Owens powerbombing him into shit? Did he also ignore the falconarrow guy pretty much posting a complete Raw rundown earlier that day?
He got worked

klonere

Banned
Promise me thread. Promise me you won't get mad when AJ loses to the Big Dog. Please don't get your hopes up. Accept your future as part of the Roman Empire.

Adree

Promise me thread. Promise me you won't get mad when AJ loses to the Big Dog. Please don't get your hopes up. Accept your future as part of the Roman Empire.

I won't be mad since I figure we'll get a heel turn out of one of them in the process and they are both boring faces.

Kurita

Would you guys say that Banks/Charlotte/Becky shit all over Lita/Stratus/whoever is seen as a great woman wrestler in WWE (I'd say yes)?

bjork

AyNZe9s.jpg

Would you guys say that Banks/Charlotte/Becky shit all over Lita/Stratus/whoever is seen as a great woman wrestler in WWE (I'd say yes)?

I would say Jazz was better than all of them.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
For what it's worth you're also probably getting worked if you think Roman is going heel. All they're doing is retooling the same character.

People go to WrestleMania now just for the spectacle. It's not like the old days when they couldn't sell tickets for WM7 because Warrior was a shitty champ. When you can fill up the Georgia Dome with The fucking Miz in the main event, you can put anybody in there and it'll sell out.

Angry Grimace

Meltzer says he doesn't know what the plan was prior to Rollins being hurt and floats a bunch of things he heard but falconarrow said it was Reigns/Rollins/Ambrose.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
should I be happy that AJ is going to be main eventing for 1 month or sad that he is obviously just going to be fed to Roman?

Pls don't get mad WrassleGAF when Bullet Club swerves and helps their new leader, Roman Reigns, retain his title

How about Bullet Club get a super strong debut by taking Reigns out after he beats AJ. Then they lose constantly to a reformed Shield for 3 months?

Anyway, I'm giving the WWE a break for the time being given that was their best effort after that Wrestlemania.

klonere

Banned
should I be happy that AJ is going to be main eventing for 1 month or sad that he is obviously just going to be fed to Roman?

It's what AJ is best at: big long main event matches where he can work with someone who can keep up with him. It's why you'd hire the man, not to have goofy promos and sloppy matches with a sad old man.

Best case scenario is that he'll make Roman look good in a great match, lose and then the Balor/Bullet Club beats Roman down afterwards.

I'd be happy
but I'm not and I'm not watching

bjork

People go to WrestleMania now just for the spectacle. It's not like the old days when they couldn't sell tickets for WM7 because Warrior was a shitty champ. When you can fill up the Georgia Dome with The fucking Miz in the main event, you can put anybody in there and it'll sell out.

Warrior wasn't the champ going into WM7.

Exodust

Banned
Trish and Lita were always terrible wrestlers

At the risk of getting this thread closed Trish was hot as fuck with some cool matches(I only really liked the WM22 Mickie James match tbh) and that's why we remember her. Lita was also hot and a spot monkey. Both were the top women during the biggest boom period in wrestling, that contributes a lot to their popularity.

The women now are much better wrestlers overall and put on better matches. I'm not the biggest fan of the WWE product now, but their women's division is probably at it's best right now(mostly thanks to some NXT matches).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Both were the top women during the biggest boom period in wrestling, that contributes a lot to their popularity.

Even that's not true though, The AJW era in the 80s and 90s is still the largest womens wrestling has ever been. And the women of that era were much better performers.

Hex

Banned
If Charlotte was any good she would have responded to the Bayley chants by asking how Bayley did on Takeover.

Charlotte is a god damned train wreck.
The best thing she could have done last night was give her speech, then beat down her dad and say something about him trying to steal her spotlight.
Crowd would have gone ballistic, heel meter would have been off the chain.

Exodust

Banned
Even that's not true though, The AJW era in the 80s and 90s is still the largest womens wrestling has ever been. And the women of that era were much better performers.

I don't doubt you, because I honestly don't know much if at all when it comes to women's wrestling. What I meant was wrestling as whole was huge in that boom period(probably the biggest it's been in the US and to most people who follow wrestling now) and they were the top two girls then. So it makes sense that they're still remembered.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
YOU guys have been going wild with Max Landis. Why don't you just keep his name out of your mouths, please?

As far as the Worst Wrestling Fan goes it's gotta be sign guy. Dudes a complete dipshit.

Best Fan goes to Vladimir

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
AJ is used to working with a wrestler with the amount of ability like Roman Reigns has since he worked with Okada before.

Take that how you want,

Kind of a bummer that out of the whole division the only people who managed to stay in character last night were Becky/Sasha/Paige.

Charlotte's abysmal on the mic.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this Nakamura theme is so fucking good, im actually shocked. It totally fits him, it has that "shits about to get real" flow to it, its amazing. Well done nxt

AJ is used to working with a wrestler with the amount of ability like Roman Reigns has since he worked with Okada before.

Take that how you want,

really brah? I mean, im all for trolling, but really?

Striker

At the risk of getting this thread closed Trish was hot as fuck with some cool matches(I only really liked the WM22 Mickie James match tbh) and that's why we remember her. Lita was also hot and a spot monkey. Both were the top women during the biggest boom period in wrestling, that contributes a lot to their popularity.

The women now are much better wrestlers overall and put on better matches. I'm not the biggest fan of the WWE product now, but their women's division is probably at it's best right now(mostly thanks to some NXT matches).
I think more than anything else, both women were involved in some form or another with the guys (popular often, like The Hardy Boyz), and that definitely helped them become more well known.Shoot, when Jeff Jarrett's music hit, people were standing up because Debra was coming out and the men wanted that. Look at a recent example from modern WWE with AJ Lee and Daniel Bryan. If she stuck to her same ol' gimmick and perhaps stuck with Primo, she doesn't get near as popular or the attention.

Another big factor, to me, is they took moves from the guys. They took samoan drops from Viscera, chokeslams from Kane, so on and so forth. And looking sexy in their outfits helped too. Lana and Summer Rae cat-fighting got more attention and reaction than the bouts with Sasha Banks and Paige did several months ago. And fans like that non-sense, bad or good however you want to see it.

I missed parts of Raw. Just what happened that makes people think Zayn was actually injured and it wasn't part of the show like it appears to me.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Guys, I fell for it again. I thought they were giving Ryder a push.

Well at least they can never take that Mania win away. Biggest mark out moment at Mania for me.

Fox318

The lesson that should be learned from yesterday is that nothing changed.

50/50 booking
Title belts don't mean anything
part timers didn't even bother to show up
Vince body guys getting called up first
Baron Corbin and Crews probably not really getting a program or debut that helps them.
Commentary shit in too many ways

I mean in 24 hours mania meant nothing.

Warrior as champ was hardly the only reason they couldn't sell WM 7 - they were COLD. Ice cold, and the Iraqi sympathizer deal absolutely hurt them because it was so tacky.

DMczaf

The lesson that should be learned from yesterday is that nothing changed.

50/50 booking
Title belts don't mean anything
part timers didn't even bother to show up
Vince body guys getting called up first
Baron Corbin and Crews probably not really getting a program or debut that helps them.
Commentary shit in too many ways

I mean in 24 hours mania meant nothing.

tumblr_o53cy6Fqek1u1ljrzo6_500.gif

Top Bottom