• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

bjork

bjork...what we are trying to say is

fuck warrior

bwgn6Xi.gif

Warrior/Macho was good, and the story was good. Say he was a bad champ and that's why they put it on Slaughter at the Rumble and I'll agree, but saying WM7 ticket sales were low because Warrior was champ is like saying Batman vs Superman did poorly because people don't like Spiderman.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I just realised Karl Anderson is going to have to change his finisher isnt he? :/

Fox318

Also the group of people I was with were rolling their eyes at everything Steph and HHH did during that entrance.

"What the fuck is this shit? Are they serious?"

"Isn't she like in her 50s? What kind of person dresses like that?

"Why the fuck do you watch this shit? You know its fake right?"

"Why is HHH still doing this? Everyone else from his era is retired or running in with beer guts"

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
why are you watching wrestling with people that say "you know this is fake right?"

Jerm411

Soooo Shane loses and still gains control of RAW (we'll see if it's for more than one night) and Taker wins but is still retiring (???) ................

2671e0601faf3b43874e061ff665e3e2.jpg

.....ok.

Fox318

why are you watching wrestling with people that say "you know this is fake right?"

It was funny because most of the people said that but they got into some of the matches.

Honestly it was interesting watching with people who were not fans.

They kept asking me if the wrestlers were really hitting each other and it looked like they were helping each other.

It was funny because I didn't really say anything about the main event and they hated everyone in it.

Especially Steph. The women in the house fucking hated her.

Hex

Banned
The lesson that should be learned from yesterday is that nothing changed.

50/50 booking
Title belts don't mean anything
part timers didn't even bother to show up
Vince body guys getting called up first
Baron Corbin and Crews probably not really getting a program or debut that helps them.
Commentary shit in too many ways

I mean in 24 hours mania meant nothing.

GOOD that Mania meant nothing, it sucked.
It would be nice if they were like "Fuck Vince the crowd really hated that"
And Vince is all "I know, I told Dunn we should have gone a different way...."
I can not even fathom how people are holding Ryder against anyone, EVERYONE knew the moment he won that he was dropping the title the next night.

While you and those like you are pissing out negativity, what I saw :

Except for the Women's part, the crowd was kept satisfied in a post Mania Raw.
Shane was not a month wasted for nothing.
Enzo and fucking Cass. And the crowd loved it.
Owens and Zayn program in full force.
Reigns handled himself well.
Corbyn did ok against Ziggler.
AJ won the main event to go against Reigns.
Cesaro looked great and was in the main event

Fox318

It is just about that time of year... I wonder if they cut 5 dudes right now, who they would be.

5 dudes

Jack Swagger
Mark Henry
Cody Rhodes
El Torito
Hornswoggle

You could throw the whole social outcast team but they need jobbers.

Raw was such a disappointment but I have to admit over the last year or two Miz has become a fantastic heel. The addition of Marsye is only going to help him get more heat. He has gone from unwatchable to mildly entertaining.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Highly unlikely taker is leaving...

Its been reported hes been saying hes leaving backstage for few years now. And like its been said. If he was defo leaving he wouldn't have won

Menome

It is just about that time of year... I wonder if they cut 5 dudes right now, who they would be.

I would have said Las Matadores until they showed up with that new gimmick last night.

I mean, why do they get a second/third chance with what looks like the blandest, inoffensive never-getting-over gimmick, whilst Sandow gets a big pop whenever he's allowed to appear on-screen but is relegated to the dustbin?

Fuck me, WWE drives me up the wall sometimes.

Step 2: Anger.

Wade Barrett is almost out the door so we need 4 more.......

Bo Dallas
Konnor
Victor
Swagger

I feel Darren Young would be released but WWE does not want to face the backlash of that decision. He really isn't very good without Titus.

Kurita

Raw was such a disappointment but I have to admit over the last year or two Miz has become a fantastic heel. The addition of Marsye is only going to help him get more heat. He has gone from unwatchable to mildly entertaining.
The Miz has been a good heel for longer than that imo

Rhaknar

oh Luke Gallows is all...normal looking and shit

I dont know what I expected gif ;_; too ued to seeing him with face paint

anderson-gallows.jpg

Mahonay

Banned
The Booman Reigns Era is here. The commentators trying to fool the audience at home and lying about Reigns not getting booed in other places was pathetic.

It made me tingly to see that seed for a furious KO vs Sami feud get planted on Monday Night RAW.

I'm perfectly okay with The Miz of all people getting the belt as long as Ryder keeps the feud going.

Apollo Crews looked magnificent in his debut. RIP Tyler Breeze.

Corbin's debut was not as strong but he did a good job too.

The Sasha Banks squash was fine. Glad they're using Summer Rae at least.

Women's belt ceremony was super awkward.

Holy fuck did Enzo and Cass ever hit it out of the park in their debut. The Dudleyz are absolutely perfect for their first feud out. Enzo and Bubba will be god damn hilarious playing off each other.

Glad anyone but Jericho got that title shot. I thought the 4 way was a lot of fun. Cesaro with that big fucking pop. AJ vs Reigns should be interesting at least.

I missed parts of Raw. Just what happened that makes people think Zayn was actually injured and it wasn't part of the show like it appears to me.

He was clutching his shoulder, which he had injured before, plus he was rushing to the back and not selling any other body part, which led people to think he was actually injured. It was followed by him being taken out of the main event.

Now I turns out he was just selling all along, which really shows how good he is and makes the blood feud between him and Owens all the better. Cesaro/Jericho might be a fun series, and AJ/Roman has the potential to be Punk/Cena II in Chicago, where WWE might have no choice but to put the belt on AJ
thanks to the Bullet Club?

Mahonay

Banned
He was clutching his shoulder, which he had injured before, plus he was rushing to the back and not selling any other body part, which led people to think he was actually injured. It was followed by him being taken out of the main event.

Now I turns out he was just selling all along, which really shows how good he is and makes the blood feud between him and Owens all the better. Cesaro/Jericho might be a fun series, and AJ/Roman has the potential to be Punk/Cena II in Chicago, where WWE might have no choice but to put the belt on AJ
thanks to the Bullet Club?
Sami's always been killer at selling.

Kuroyume

Banned
Also the group of people I was with were rolling their eyes at everything Steph and HHH did during that entrance.

"Why is HHH still doing this? Everyone else from his era is retired or running in with beer guts"

Awesome, how ageist. Way 2 go

Mahonay

Banned

I was watching with non-wrestling fans and they loved how insane it was.

Lothar

Banned
I haven't watched WM but it sounds like HHH and Steph's entrance was the only good part of the show. It's the only part I want to see.

"Isn't she like in her 50s? What kind of person dresses like that?"

50s? Do you hang around children by any chance? How could anyone think that?

Top Bottom