• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

SummitAve

Banned
I haven't watched WM but it sounds like HHH and Steph's entrance was the only good part of the show. It's the only part I want to see.

50s? Do you hang around children by any chance? How could anyone think that?

Prepare to be disappointed. It was like hour 10 of the show. My excitement was expressed by a raise of an eyebrow from bed. Stephs intro felt flat and that was about it.

Mahonay

Banned
Its funny because you can see the issues of the rep wrestling has but after 20 minutes they got into every match.

Charlottes flip got the biggest pop of the night.
Yep.

Biggest moments for them where the Charlotte moonsault, Shane cage dive, and HHH entrance.

Most of them didn't make it in time to see the ladder match.

Its funny because you can see the issues of the rep wrestling has but after 20 minutes they got into every match.

Charlottes flip got the biggest pop of the night.

I think after watching Charlotte at WrestleMania ... it is safe to say that she is the most skilled lady wrestler they have. Her body is superior to most of the other ladies and her in ring skills are just as good. She has the pedigree and the mic skills (they will get better).
I am curious to see if the other ladies can hold their own down the road as I can see them letting Charlotte do what her dad did and keep the belt off an on for a while so she can be called the XX time womens champ.

Holy shit that Enzo and Cass reaction was not something I was expecting at all.

The crowd was a little more smarky than usual, but if that kind of reaction goes everywhere that's huge.

Fox318

I think after watching Charlotte at WrestleMania ... it is safe to say that she is the most skilled lady wrestler they have. Her body is superior to most of the other ladies and her in ring skills are just as good. She has the pedigree and the mic skills (they will get better).
I am curious to see if the other ladies can hold their own down the road as I can see them letting Charlotte do what her dad did and keep the belt off an on for a while so she can be called the XX time womens champ.

Oddly enough in NXT they really don't do live promos like on raw.

Charlotte may be the best athlete but the best worker is still Sasha.

Watching her match against Bayley live was amazing. She never ever fucking leaves character and everything is so spot on.

Hex

Banned

Go away Ric, it is too early to be drinking.

Mahonay

Banned
Have you seen Sasha Banks on NXT at all? I know she's gotten pretty minimal exposure on the main roster.

Her overall ring ability is above Charlotte's, she's decent on the mic, and has an incredible presence about her. There's a reason a lot of fans were pulling for Sasha at Mania.

Charlotte is doing a very solid job though as the heel in that rivalry.
Holy shit that Enzo and Cass reaction was not something I was expecting at all.

The crowd was a little more smarky than usual, but if that kind of reaction goes everywhere that's huge.
They were so insanely over last night. They looked like legit stars. I was pretty happy for them.

RBH

.......so is Dr. Phil going to be on Raw next week in order to do a family therapy session with Vince and Shane?

.......so is Dr. Phil going to be on Raw next week in order to do a family therapy session with Vince and Shane?
It was discussed earlier that Dr. Phil is there to talk to Mick about his daughter's clown fetish.

she has a clown fetish. in those pics people keep posting she has a joker case on her phone when she's taking selfies.

it's all textbook psychology. dr. phil will talk about this and much more on his stint in the next RAW.

Mahonay

Banned
I really hope it's something like that.

My guess is it will be something infinitely more tone deaf and out of place. Their guest star choices have been just embarrassingly bad over the years other than a couple of exceptions. They exist solely to appease advertisers, with zero thought of whether these are people that their audience gives a shit about.

I've commented on how I find the woman's divison to be really sloppy at times, but this is some straight up JBL comment. The current top 3 do a damn good job.

Fox318

"Vince, Why do you hate Ole Anderson so much?"

"Vince...you need to let go of the feelings when you tried to shoot a single on Harley Race"

Hex

Banned
Have you seen Sasha Banks on NXT at all? I know she's gotten pretty minimal exposure on her main roster.

Her overall ring ability is above Charlotte's, she's decent on the mic, and has an incredible presence about her. There's a reason a lot of fans were pulling for Sasha at Mania.

Charlotte is doing a very solid job though as the heel in that rivalry.

They were so insanely over last night. They looked like legit stars. I was pretty happy for them.

Charlotte is just fortunate to have had amazing women to work with, Sasha, Becky, Bayley and other in NXT.
A moonsault does not = gifted.
She is terrible on the mic and spotty as hell in the ring.
Sasha and Becky have the in ring gifts and can work the mic and tell a story without having to fall back on "My dad is Ric Flair".
I am also glad Emma is back on the main roster without the stupid gimmick she was cursed with before.

Reigns is such perfect shit eating heel material, that one segment on Raw the man was practically oozing with sheer smugness.
I can only hope that having AJ face him at the PPV is the beginning of a slow burn heel turn because I really think Reigns would benefit immensely from that.

But of course we've been saying heel turn for like a year so never mind, nothing new here.

NOCTURNOWL, LOOK AWAY

TURN OFF YOUR TV

IT HURT BEEF!

At least my man took the Brogue with anger in his eyes.
Now begins his mighty face run where he tears through the LoN on path to eventually facing uber heel Reigns at Summerslam to become the long awaited first English WWE champion.

Yep, all that talk of him leaving is just a ruse I tell ya!

Mahonay

Banned
Charlotte is just fortunate to have had amazing women to work with, Sasha, Becky, Bayley and other in NXT.
A moonsault does not = gifted.
She is terrible on the mic and spotty as hell in the ring.
Sasha and Becky have the in ring gifts and can work the mic and tell a story without having to fall back on "My dad is Ric Flair".
I am also glad Emma is back on the main roster without the stupid gimmick she was cursed with before.
Emma has been stellar lately, I hope she gets a shot to join back into that group. She has crawled out of her rut.

Scottify

Did anyone happen to catch Sheamus last night on the Men In Blazers show? Pretty funny dude and a Liverpool fan so he can't be all bad. Plus he ate the pie!

Fox318

I honestly don't get fans that get dressed up like a clown or something entirely different for WWE events and such.

I mean dressing up as wrestlers is understandable and I think face paint of a performer is fine (Sting and Warrior for example) but when you go dressed up as something else I think you are trying too hard to be a distraction.

I mean half of the fucking signs at Wrestlemania were ads for Youtube Shows or people trying to get their own face or likeness over.

Then they are out there selling shirts and shit like this

http://www.barbershopwindow.com/frank-the-clown.html

http://www.prowrestlingtees.com/wrestler-t-shirts/dirty-dan-ryckert.html

bjork

Dan trying to get himself/his agenda over by holding up dumbass signs at wrestling events really rubs me the wrong way, but he has managed wrestlers and is something of a known quantity, so selling shirts doesn't seem bad to me.

JavyOO7

Fake account though

And Cesaro will never cut a promo on this level:
https://youtu.be/zkqVKgiOh9c?t=62

Hmm, I'm sure Sid wasn't scripted here. And that's why its great. Sid makes me think he's actually really a psycho.

Cesaro is a great talent in the ring but in this promo league he's in he'll never make headway unless someone in creative gives him some promo time. And without a script, preferably. And have him look at the camera!!

Kaladin

I marked out for Cesaro's return. That was an amazing main event for Raw.....when was the last time you could say that?

MC Safety

Charlotte's spear is awful, and if she's at all tired she has a lot of trouble raising herself up for the figure eight. She's only okay as a speaker. I understand the desire to pair her with her father, but I'm not sure this is helping her career.

I'd say Sasha and Becky are at least as talented as Charlotte and don't have the glaring flaws Charlotte does. (Although Sasha seems prone to landing poorly.)

bjork

And Cesaro will never cut a promo on this level:
https://youtu.be/zkqVKgiOh9c?t=62

Could you imagine being some dude quietly cleaning the arena or whatever, just doing your job, then you hear echoing yelling from somewhere in the building?

Gotta go home, boss. This shit is haunted

Does anyone else hate the way JBL says Dudleyville? It really bothers me. I couldn't sleep last night because I was so angry just thinking about it.

lol come on

Kaladin

It would be awesome if they turn Roman heel in response to crowd response to him and he becomes the babyface indy star killer and steals Baron Corbin's NXT gimmick.

Fox318

It would be awesome if they turn Roman heel in response to crowd response to him and he becomes the babyface indy star killer and steals Baron Corbin's NXT gimmick.

Roman comes out to the crowd and screams "EVERYTHING YOU READ ON WRESTLEZONE IS REAL" then he pins AJ, Kevin Owens, and Sami Zayn at the same time while doing the yes chant.

The Cesaro comes and saves the day.

Kaladin

I'm still happy that Enzo and Cass got such an amazing intro. It would have been put over the top if the Dudleys had mics, but it was on the level with Jericho's intro.

Sephzilla

I have to admit, I kind of liked Roman's "I'm not a good guy, I'm not a bad guy, I'm the guy" line. For that crowd, that was the perfect heat magnet line

Silent_Z

I'd say Sasha and Becky are at least as talented as Charlotte and don't have the glaring flaws Charlotte does. (Although Sasha seems prone to landing poorly.)

Charlotte succeeded where Sasha failed at one very important thing: getting over as a heel on the main roster. If you're annoyed by her bringing up her Flairness and looking weak because she's relying on her dad, she's doing her job.

Sasha, on the other hand, topped out around "your local sports team sucks" heat on the main roster thanks to people loving her after the Bayley series, and that wasn't for lack of trying.

To be fair, Sasha's over as a babyface and Charlotte failed miserably trying that, but not everyone can play all positions at all times, right?

UberTag

I marked out for Cesaro's return. That was an amazing main event for Raw.....when was the last time you could say that?
It was easily better than any of the non-women's matches at Mania. Of course, there's an inherent problem with that.
Everyone expected NXT Takeover to deliver (and it did) but RAW having a better match for the guys than anything at the biggest show of the year isn't good.

klonere

Banned
So any word on when Evolve 59 buyers will get the 2 free shows from the archives? I guess considering that the Evolve 59 VOD isn't even up yet it might be a while....

Definitely going to use one of those credits to get the Supershow.

I have to admit, I kind of liked Roman's "I'm not a good guy, I'm not a bad guy, I'm the guy" line. For that crowd, that was the perfect heat magnet line

...that's a pretty great line.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Suit Cesaro needs to be a permanent thing
They give him a ton of chances. I just hope this one sticks before they give up on him completely. It's make or break time. These four ropes.

Sephzilla

They give him a ton of chances. I just hope this one sticks before they give up on him completely. It's make or break time. These four ropes.

I dont think this is make or break time for him yet. I don't think he's gotten as many chances as, lets say, Shaemus or Alberto Del Rio have gotten. But Cesaro is close. I really do hope this current push/chance sticks though. The dude is legit talented and I think he has the tools.

Fox318

If you were Erik Rowan and you knew that that match against Rock might be your only singles match at mania ever wouldn't you shoot kick out of the rock bottom.

DMczaf

Rock's WM resume

The Sultan
Ken Shamrock
Steve Austin
Triple H /Big Show/Mick Foley
Steve Austin
Hulk Hogan
Steve Austin
Batista/Orton/Flair
Cena
Cena
Erik Rowan

Fox318

If there was ever a time I wanted to see a guy go into business for himself its no sell a rock bottom so the rock has to work longer than 6 seconds.

Top Bottom