• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

miserable

i feel like it's a good time to post this jiff

cesaro1dxo04.gif

Fox318

Rewatched the Battle Royal to see how the hell I missed Tatanka showing up.

When DDP comes out everybody is so happy... except for the group of hipsters and Max Landis who look like they want to know who DDP even is

Sunny why do you hate DDP?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
People getting worked thinking Rowan had any issue with Rock and that booking? Lol

Terrible employees, all of you. Rowan gets paid and has a match with the Rock under his belt. Regardless of the outcome or how it went down he has that moment, which is great

Entropia

No One Remembers
Erik Rowan's wrestlemania moment = quickest loss(??) in WM History to none other than THE ROCK!

I'd be down with that.

Toki767

If the Rock never wrestles another match at Mania ever again, his last opponent is Rowan.

I hope that actually happens.

Couple other raw thoughts:

People wanting Reigns to go heel aren't realizing he's kind of there, especially after the "I'm the guy" comment

Also the whole "limited move set" argument for reigns is moot. So many guys who are "over" only do so many moves

Reigns acknowledging the boos was perfect

Jericho telling the crowd to shut up and that he wont let them derail the show was great

The crowd ruined the entire womans title segment. It was a bit awkward to begin with, but Charolette was trying to set up to a moment there and they just ruined it.

A few times you could see people laughing at the crowd.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Look at Bob Backlund, a guy who was planets better and more popular than Diesel, look at how his last match went. Zero problem with it. Wrestling is a job.

Mahonay

Banned

People wanting Reigns to go heel aren't realizing he's kind of there, especially after the "I'm the guy" comment

Also the whole "limited move set" argument for reigns is moot. So many guys who are "over" only do so many moves

Jericho telling the crowd to shut up and that he wont let them derail the show was great

The crowd ruined the entire womans title segment. It was a bit awkward to begin with, but Charolette was trying to set up to a moment there and they just ruined it.

Crowd was pretty shitty during the women's belt thing, but it was also insanely awkward with Charlotte giving a face speech when she's a heel. It wasn't all the crowd's fault.

Hex

Banned

While I agree the Women's segment was killed by fans, a decent heel (or face) on the mic could have used it.
Heel "Bayley is too busy losing in NXT while I am winning Wrestlemania"
Instead, she froze.

Mahonay

Banned
While I agree the Women's segment was killed by fans, a decent heel (or face) on the mic could have used it.
Heel "Bayley is too busy losing in NXT while I am winning Wrestlemania"
I was waiting for her to do this. Easy softball. She let her real emotions get in the way of an opportunity for some mega heat.
Cesaro should take 2 more months off to get back in shape.
FAT ASS

klonere

Banned
smh Nash would never sign over his powerbomb to some vanilla indie midget

CfCNiLuXEAAz5UO.jpg

Backlund is just a smark pandering to smarks. Disgusting behavior.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Backlund is on a whole higher level than fuckin' DIESEL. Not at the time, of course, his gimmick was a weird old dude. Backlund is infinitely better than Diesel in every way.

Crowd was pretty shitty during the women's belt thing, but it was also insanely awkward with Charlotte giving a face speech when she's a heel. It wasn't all the crowd's fault.

There was a big set up there and when she tried to get to the payoff just fumbled it. She should have used it to her leverage a lot and really worked it, but I don't think the promo was allowing for it. Then again, it kind of also shows how much their on script.

Another thought:
So happy to see a "classic" backstage segment like we saw with Owens/Zayn

Bronx-Man

Banned
I feel odd about Bray turning face. Like, it should've happened years ago and it's weird to waste it on the League of Nations.

On the other hand, goddamn does being a face feel right for him. Had the entire arena doing his chant. As long as they can keep up the momentum, he's got main-eventer written all over him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Backlund was a guy that I just didn't -get- until I got older, watched more stuff than WWF, and explored more. Now that I get him, I appreciate him and recognize his worth. He's amazing.

Mahonay

Banned
There was a big set up there and when she tried to get to the payoff just fumbled it. She should have used it to her leverage a lot and really worked it, but I don't think the promo was allowing for it. Then again, it kind of also shows how much their on script.

Another thought:
So happy to see a "classic" backstage segment like we saw with Owens/Zayn
I think she was legit emotional about the moment initially so that probably didn't help with her thinking about ad-libbing on the fly.

kiguel182

That whole women's segment was weird. Charlotte is a heel, what's with the babyface speech?

They really should've put the belt on a face so the new division started with a babyface champion.

Also, Charlotte vs Natalya? Ugh.

Top Bottom