• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Sephzilla

That whole women's segment was weird. Charlotte is a heel, what's with the babyface speech?

They really should've put the belt on a face so the new division started with a babyface champion.

Also, Charlotte vs Natalya? Ugh.

Sasha really should have walked out of Mania as the champ. New belt = new champion, damnit.

I'm not against Charlotte vs Natalya though, because they consistently put together good matches. The only issue I have with it is that we just had that feud right before Mania.

Kaladin

Charolotte vs Natalya feels like Kane vs Daniel Bryan after Mania 30. So many matches you actually want to see one on one, and they do this.

RBH

EugK2IG.png

I'm from the future. At fast lane AJ will have the upper hand. Music hits, bullet club comes out to seal the deal. Swerve! Attack AJ styles for abandoning him and Roman starts his new heel stable. The Roman Empire.

Sephzilla

I'm predicting Bullet Club intervenes and just attacks both AJ and Roman. AJ goes on to feud with Bullet Club and Roman just feuds with someone else.

klonere

Banned
I'm not sure what's more strange.

AJ Styles main eventing a PPV for the belt in 2016 or
The possibility of The Shield vs Bullet Club.

One's things for sure
neither will live up to expectations

They give him a ton of chances. I just hope this one sticks before they give up on him completely. It's make or break time. These four ropes.

Yeah, they really ran with him by saddling him with a manager who was focused on Brock Lesnar instead of him, then proceeding to job him out to temporary irrelevance before he managed to get himself back over when he started to team with Kidd.

Also, still going back to the four ropes? Meanwhile, lost count of how many times Reigns has botched his promos.

rrc1594

Roman Reigns has gotten a lot better in the ring. I still hate the spear and Superman punch, they don't spell finisher to me

I have to admit, I kind of liked Roman's "I'm not a good guy, I'm not a bad guy, I'm the guy" line. For that crowd, that was the perfect heat magnet line

Unfortunately, the best line delivered last night by a guy who is pushed past his overness was Corbin's "In case you don't know who I am, I don't care." Romeva can't catch one break.

Strax

I feel odd about Bray turning face. Like, it should've happened years ago and it's weird to waste it on the League of Nations.

On the other hand, goddamn does being a face feel right for him. Had the entire arena doing his chant. As long as they can keep up the momentum, he's got main-eventer written all over him.

I don't understand that sentiment. Frankly I can't understand why Bray and the Wyatt family aren't the top heels, its the easiest booking in the world. They have a great gimmick, have the look, Bray is great on the mic, they are all (except Braun) good wrestlers.

They just have to win.

Aiii

So not worth it
So I'm starting Raw and the anouncers tell me that tonights audience is going to boo when normal people cheer and cheer when normal people boo.

So essentially, they're turning the heat on Roman into love through commentary. The louder the boos, the more beloved Roman Reigns is.

Huh.

Mahonay

Banned
So I'm starting Raw and the anouncers tell me that tonights audience is going to boo when normal people cheer and cheer when normal people boo.

So essentially, they're turning the heat on Roman into love through commentary. The louder the boos, the more beloved Roman Reigns is.

Huh.
It's something else. Vince crawling into deep denial.

Kaladin

Huh.

Yeah, that line really was for Roman.

kiguel182

Huh.

Funny that the only face they boo is Reigns. That doesn't happen with anyone else except for the pop for Owens (but every audience pops for his music).

klonere

Banned
Watched the full Enzo/Cass segment on Youtube, Enzo just decimated on the microphone. We need more Enzo's less AJ Styles in the WWE tbh.

JBL softly exclaiming "...look at the size of Big Cass..." shows his body has become a vessel through which Vince McMahon channels his thoughts. He has graduated to the next level of being a mouthpiece - a pure puppet.

Man, I used to get legit shook as a kid when Backlund would put everyone in the crossface chickenwing, then just stare at his hands like "oh god, what have i done"

MC Safety

Backlund was a guy that I just didn't -get- until I got older, watched more stuff than WWF, and explored more. Now that I get him, I appreciate him and recognize his worth. He's amazing.

Bob Backlund was a great good guy and a great bad guy.

You look at him and you see, well, not much. But the guy had endless charm, enthusiasm, and talent. He had a great run as champion and deserves the praise he gets.

Mahonay

Banned
Man, I used to get legit shook as a kid when Backlund would put everyone in the crossface chickenwing, then just stare at his hands like "oh god, what have i done"
He sells crazy so well because he fucking is.

The story of him interrupting Verne Gagne’s Funeral with a heel promo is perfectly Backlund.

Zach

Wise strategy from WCW in this particular Monday Night War as they have a Hogan/Horace final segment going head-to-head with Austin/McMahon.

Yeah, they really ran with him by saddling him with a manager who was focused on Brock Lesnar instead of him, then proceeding to job him out to temporary irrelevance before he managed to get himself back over when he started to team with Kidd.

Also, still going back to the four ropes? Meanwhile, lost count of how many times Reigns has botched his promos.

Reigns has magic beans
Cesaro has 4 ropes
Ryback has the secret

All good reasons for why all should never get mic time again

Mahonay

Banned
Reigns has magic beans
Cesaro has 4 ropes
Ryback has the secret

All good reasons for why all should never get mic time again
It was only that one flub with Cesaro. His accent doesn't count as being bad on the mic.

Those other guys fuck up talking all the god damn time. I'd say even Ryback is better on the mic than Roman.

Dolph had millenials
Ambrose called Bryan a turd
Bryan had godawful talk after godawful talk

Maybe have people wrestle instead of talk (except Bryan, he should do neither ever again)

Mahonay

Banned
Dolph had millenials
Ambrose called Bryan a turd
Bryan had godawful talk after godawful talk

Maybe have people wrestle instead of talk (except Bryan, he should do neither ever again)
Bryan got really great at talking towards the end. People ate out of the palms out of his hands.

But sure. He sucked.

Top Bottom