• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

miserable

12940297_1755467194697333_353065152_n.jpg

Daniel Bryan, Greatest Of All Turds. Never forget.

That was incredible. It was mentioned in the spoilers and people immediately swore "no fucking way lol that's gotta be a dark segment"

And then Canada viewers confirmed it actually ended the show and it got even funnier

If Bret was ringside was Ringside with Nattie and it called for a part in the match where Bret knocks Flair out for trying to interfere, I have reasons to believe Flair wouldn't do it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
While I agree the Women's segment was killed by fans, a decent heel (or face) on the mic could have used it.
Heel "Bayley is too busy losing in NXT while I am winning Wrestlemania"
Instead, she froze.
The problem is that for some reason Charlotte was forced to try and give a babyface speech to a hostile crowd.

They tripped her up but if you look back on it she actually did okay in just waiting it out to do her job.

Prior to the match being setup on WWE Raw last night, Lilian Garcia accidentally started to introduce Zack Ryder’s first title defense match, but she quickly stopped. According to Wrestling Observer Radio, while Lilian was making the announcement, a WWE production worker began banging on the ring apron for her to stop, which lead to Lilian and the worker having a pretty heated exchange in the ring.
I want to see this

Mahonay

Banned
If Bret was ringside was Ringside with Nattie and it called for a part in the match where Bret knocks Flair out for trying to interfere, I have reasons to believe Flair wouldn't do it.
What? Flair has a long history of bumping for literally anyone.
I want to see this
Lol. She fucks up constantly. Maybe he sees her do that shit all the time. Still unprofessional to just start banging on the ring.

Zach

"I wanna say 'hi' to my one little fan out there. Hello, Smokey -- my CAT!!" - Bret Hart

His furious delivery of "my CAT!!" got me good.

klonere

Banned
Ryback stood toe to toe with Cena on the mic. In a pretty long segment at that.

https://youtu.be/0aQLkDpENUA?t=280

Holy shit comment from that same video

At 5mins 22seconds rybacc completely breaks (kayfabe) everything he said about cena was true just more proof of tha baccstage politics he plays we can talk about triple h,hulk hogan,shawn michaels,kevin nash etc. But no one has played politics more than cena and that's a fact also at 5mins 50seconds look at that self righteous piece of shit smirk cena has it kills me how people think this nice guy he PLAYS on tv is tha guy he is in real life his fans are so gullible

HKJsPx2.gif

Striker

Watched the full Enzo/Cass segment on Youtube, Enzo just decimated on the microphone. We need more Enzo's less AJ Styles in the WWE tbh.

JBL softly exclaiming "...look at the size of Big Cass..." shows his body has become a vessel through which Vince McMahon channels his thoughts. He has graduated to the next level of being a mouthpiece - a pure puppet.
Why doesn't Bully Ray talk more? Everybody knows he can do it.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
If/when Bullet Club / Balor Club / Bulletproof come into the WWE and they introduce their third member (Balor or Styles), WWE will have several stables jockeying for time.

The Authority
The Wyatts
League of Nations
New Day
Social Outcasts
Bullet Club

So guy from yesterday remember the talk about Heyman, JR, and Cornette?

Apparently JR and Cornette booked next years main event to be Brock v Samoa Joe. That's an old school slug fest there. That event would be ball sack great.

How is Joe on that mic? I don't think I've heard him since the beginning of TNA.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
When it comes to me ranking the top 5 heels, the actual deeds they did go a long way towards getting on my list.

To me Stone Cold never even sniffs that list. He was incapable of being hated. Not a knock, just something that never worked out right.

Four Horsemen are on my Fave Five Heels as an entity. Flair, Tully, Ole and Arn. JJ Dillon also gets listed in that.

bjork

Was Bret/Flair where Bret won the title for the first time not on Superstars but just on home video?

Yep, only on Coliseum Home Video (tm), Smack Em Whack Em or something like that.

When it comes to me ranking the top 5 heels, the actual deeds they did go a long way towards getting on my list.

To me Stone Cold never even sniffs that list. He was incapable of being hated. Not a knock, just something that never worked out right.

Four Horsemen are on my Fave Five Heels as an entity. Flair, Tully, Ole and Arn. JJ Dillon also gets listed in that.

1. Vince
2. Heyman
3. Heenan
4. Piper
5. Ted

Son Of D

Cross posting from the RaM thread:

So Payback's card is looking like this now I guess:

Styles vs Roman
SAWFT vs Dudleys
Wyatts vs LoN
Probably Miz vs Ryder too.

Guess we'll get Jericho vs Cesaro too. As for the New Day, will they face the Usos again or will they give the Vaudevillains a tag title shot?

I heard he's leaving the company/didn't renew his deal.

Can Cesaro at least get his theme back? A shame that such a great theme was wasted on Swagger.

Marvel

could never
So guy from yesterday remember the talk about Heyman, JR, and Cornette?

Apparently JR and Cornette booked next years main event to be Brock v Samoa Joe. That's an old school slug fest there. That event would be ball sack great.

How is Joe on that mic? I don't think I've heard him since the beginning of TNA.
Joe does ok with short intense shit. He's never been amazing.

The Balor stuff he just got done with was pretty good.

klonere

Banned
Joe vs Reigns would be a money feud, Joe could call Roman a showhorse or too much of a baby kissing goodguy to be a real Samoan, disgrace to his Samoan heritage etc. Would be a good program for Reigns to tap into his badass, violent side but still as a good guy.

MG310

Cross posting from the RaM thread:

So Payback's card is looking like this now I guess:

Styles vs Roman
SAWFT vs Dudleys
Wyatts vs LoN
Probably Miz vs Ryder too.

Guess we'll get Jericho vs Cesaro too. As for the New Day, will they face the Usos again or will they give the Vaudevillains a tag title shot?

Can Cesaro at least get his theme back? A shame that such a great theme was wasted on Swagger.

Corbin vs. Ziggler

I wonder if they'll try to make Emma/Ryder a thing on TV to counter Miz/Maryse. I really don't want Emma to turn face.

Joe vs Reigns would be a money feud, Joe could call Roman a showhorse or too much of a baby kissing goodguy to be a real Samoan, disgrace to his Samoan heritage etc. Would be a good program for Reigns to tap into his badass, violent side but still as a good guy.
Blood cleanup crew interferes, setting up a feud with Joe for the next PPV

Also obvious fantasy booking here but:
What if Vince comes back and is suddenly backing Roman for the heel turn? And then Shane is backing AJ? Hunter/Steph could join Shane (or be a separate party). Would be kind of a meta way to play with the narrative of Roman being Vince's guy (so I imagine it will never happen)

Hex

Banned
Blood cleanup crew interferes, setting up a feud with Joe for the next PPV

Also obvious fantasy booking here but:
What if Vince comes back and is suddenly backing Roman for the heel turn? And then Shane is backing AJ? Hunter/Steph could join Shane (or be a separate party). Would be kind of a meta way to play with the narrative of Roman being Vince's guy (so I imagine it will never happen)

I think Vince will side with Shane against HHH and Steph which will lead to the end of the Authority for a while

thefro

All Joe's mic work in NXT has been pretty good. He's really improved there.

Not amazing and not your typical 15-minute raw opening promos, but his 1 min background promos have been on point.

Mahonay

Banned
Word is from FalconArrow from his Reddit AMA is that Cena won't be back full time until May,
Seth Rollins to return May as well, and Reigns title run to go until SummerSlam.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Whenever someone asks "why do you still watch WWE if Vince ruins the show," the answer is that there's not actually enough Vince guys on the roster, and for the most part the roster is full of talented people I want to watch: consider that the main event last night was 4 guys I want to watch (even Jericho, yes, he is good), and another guy I want to watch was kayfabe pulled from the match.

There's pretty much like 3 guys who are Vince wet dreams on the roster to begin with becuase its not like those guys really exist much anymore.

Top Bottom