• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

I hate Aprils Fools jokes that make me wish they were actually real and disappointed when they're not.
Rofl! I saw the tweet and said boy, Bjork and others will love this one. It'll be funny if they actually play along with his resignation to on the day of the show.

bjork

5lJVUmB.png

:O

It's easy if you basically livetweet as you watch old shows. Give it a shot!

Rofl! I saw the tweet and said boy, Bjork and others will love this one. It'll be funny if they actually play along with his resignation to on the day of the show.

I don't dislike the guy, he's just past his expiration date. If he can still have a good match, and he gets to go with some guys he always wanted to have a match with, that's neat for him. I just disagree with the notion that a losing to or winning against Jericho has any kind of rub for a guy in 2016.

To those of you who watch Chikara, here's a pretty nice piece done about the girl who designs the costumes.

There won't be any Closet Champion designs on display when WrestleMania unfolds Sunday at the AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. The closest Nyx has come to that big a stage is through NXT, the WWE developmental program that is spotlighted in its own weekly show on the WWE Network (and that tonight will present its own big show, Takeover: Dallas). Nyx designed the gear for a wrestler named Sarah Dobson (known on the independent circuit as Crazy Mary Dobson), who made her NXT debut last week.

http://www.philly.com/philly/entert...ehind_Chikara_wrestling_s_crazy_costumes.html

oddjobs

12446369_194088844304684_63225742_n.jpg

Camach... TANGA LOA's facepaint is pretty fucking cool!

Watching the free NJPW show from earlier today, a few things I haven't seen before:

- Juice Robinson ditched the black trunks, so he's not a "young lion" anymore?
- Ryusuke Taguchi has taken over some mannerisms from Nakamura's gimmick. Supremely dumb.

Hex

Banned
12446369_194088844304684_63225742_n.jpg

Camach... TANGA LOA's facepaint is pretty fucking cool!

Watching the free NJPW show from earlier today, a few things I haven't seen before:

- Juice Robinson ditched the black trunks, so he's not a "young lion" anymore?
- Ryusuke Taguchi has taken over some mannerisms from Nakamura's gimmick. Supremely dumb.

Taguchi started doing that before Nak had even left.
Really irritating character but if that is what he is going for, then I guess he is doing it right.
Juice Robinson is the most bland and boring talent in NJPW, I really hope either he figures out a personality or they do something with him.

FyreWulff

Calling it now: Madusa comes out and throws the Divas belt in the trash and introduces the new Women's Belt.

poetry, it rhymes, etc

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Calling it now: Madusa comes out and throws the Divas belt in the trash and introduces the new Women's Belt.

poetry, it rhymes, etc

And she is there, and ready to go. Maybe not the trash, because that kind of hurts their legacy of it (I know, LOL) but retiring it, Madusa's the one.

Wrath aka Adam Bomb got the shaft so many times in video games. I didn't know he was supposed to be in wCw/nWo Revenge as well.

Damn man, I'm sorry to hear. This shit fucking sucks especially when you're not used to being sick. I woke up this morning and I can swallow a bit better even though it still feel dry. By Sunday I should be fine to eat pizza, I think. If not I'm going to be pissed.

You'd think beer would clear this shit right up lol. Go ahead and try it. Nah I'm kidding, I tried ginger ale on this shit and almost jumped out the window.

velo9Uah.jpg

Stage to ring looks like a guitar.

Jamie OD

First entrants to the WWE Cruiserweight Tournament announced.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/globalcrui...e/global-cruiserweight-series-names-announced

Rich Swann
Tomasso Ciampa
Johnny Gargano
Zack Sabre Jr.
Noar Dam
Ho Ho Lun
Akira Tozawa

I hope I can jump on this when tickets are announced.

I was just about to come in and tease everyone about the last name. Found out about him getting invited during a meal with some people after today's New Japan show. Thought I got a hot scoop for a moment there.

Anyway New Japan was a ton of fun today. Was in the very laat row but Korakuen is so small that the view is still great. Enjoyed the Elimination match the most, Elgin was on fire for his spots. Main event was cool with the mix between Chaos and Los Ingobernables. Naito's shtick is a hoot live. Okada was booked really strong. Shibata/Taguchi Vs Tencozy was good too.

Only non-wrestling thing I have to say at the moment is late night Japan TV is crap. It's like back when I was a kid staying home sick from school and the only stuff on are talk shows or educational programmes. Except over here it's midnight.

Caderfix

DM our boy is in Dallas

Ce9HKNBUIAAFlEB.jpg

Dean put up an amazing effort versus Brock, and both men look credible, but the Beast is just too much for Dean to handle alone. Rollins interfere and Dean wins thanks to it.

Main event, HHH tries to screw Roman over (specially if it's no DQ), LoN show up, but then, out from the crowd comes Dean and Rollins, and clean house. Roman beats HHH clean for the WWEWHC.

WM ends with a Shield reunion and the "boos" are minimized.

Dean put up an amazing effort versus Brock, and both men look credible, but the Beast is just too much for Dean to handle alone. Rollins interfere and Dean wins thanks to it.

Main event, HHH tries to screw Roman over (specially if it's no DQ), LoN show up, but then, out from the crowd comes Dean and Rollins, and clean house. Roman beats HHH clean for the WWEWHC.

WM ends with a Shield reunion and the "boos" are minimized.

I would be OK with that.

shaowebb

Travesty to sumo seeing it become a worked sport

I miss my boy Takatoriki in that sport. I was in high school in the late 90's and ESPN had it on and I was like "da fug?" and decided to watch. Dude has this MASSIVE collar bone lump and they announce he snapped his collar bone in the first round and was competing with it. They square off and as soon as they go the guy runs and does a massive shoulder ram with that same collar bone lump right into the guy giving absolutely no fucks and taking him out.

It immediately had my attention.

I saw stiff arms burst noses like crushed strawberries and ridiculously hard hits all night. Then came out this small dude named Takatoriki taking on all the Yokozunas and the mother fucker was so agile he was beating them by getting shoved to the corner then leapfroging and sideswiping them. He ended up winning and it was incredible to watch. Here is him taking Akebono.

Mad respect for the sport of sumo. Hurts to see a guy as great as Akebono vs Big Show in a work.

shaowebb

I've heard it doesn't matter where you're at, the atmosphere of being at Mania is worth it.

Every time I try to forget this shit. It's why I don't watch that ppv!

If you want good sumo vs Akebono you wont find it with Big Show. There was a tiny sumo named Wakanohana that took him on. Was referred to as a hero in the sport of sumo. He was ALWAYS an underdog and that dude gave repeated upsets to the tank that was Akebono who was known for being able to just bullcharge and steamroll sumos of all sizes out of the ring.

Watch this fucker Wakanohana in these clips showing his series with Akebono and know why Sumo can be good when its not a work.

Surely Reigns has to turn heel so they can say the boos were so wonderfully orchestrated. "Oh mah gawd did you hear the crowd? They were so upset, all that boo'ing, man haha we got them, they never saw it coming, this is amazing!"

Either that or The Shield reunion thing, so Roman can have 2 buddies now the crowd like a lot more than him trying to get him over.

Heroman

Banned
Surely Reigns has to turn heel so they can say the boos were so wonderfully orchestrated. "Oh mah gawd did you hear the crowd? They were so upset, all that boo'ing, man haha we got them, they never saw it coming, this is amazing!"

Either that or The Shield reunion thing, so Roman can have 2 buddies now the crowd like a lot more than him trying to get him over.

A turn makes perfect sense if this wasn't wwe, and I cant see Vince pet project turning.

Entropia

No One Remembers
When I went to Wrestlemania X-8, I was pretty much right up against the highest wall at the Skydome. I could still see things, but binoculars would've helped for sure

Aiii

So not worth it
I have to know, what does fam stand for? I'm getting too old for all these fancy ass acronyms.

Kaladin

I've heard it doesn't matter where you're at, the atmosphere of being at Mania is worth it.

I've never been in the cheap seats for Mania, but I've been in the 200 level, the 100 level and the bleachers between the lower level and the floor.

The worst experience and the most expensive was the bleachers because you were still practically on the floor and had to see over dozens of people.

The 200 section wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either.

The 100 section is the sweet spot. Best viewing angle and best distance without being up front.

jmdajr

I've never been in the cheap seats for Mania, but I've been in the 200 level, the 100 level and the bleachers between the lower level and the floor.

The worst experience and the most expensive was the bleachers because you were still practically on the floor and had to see over dozens of people.

The 200 section wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either.

The 100 section is the sweet spot. Best viewing angle and best distance without being up front.

This is good. Floor for sure is total shit.

Top Bottom