• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Heroman

Banned
I kind of wish that for this year instead of doing the huge set, wwe try to legit get a 100,000 people in that stadium .

Mauro narrates an NXT hype vid for Zayn/Nakamura.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oANc0EsFTUc&feature=youtu.be

Unsurprisingly he's really fantastic. Surprisingly, he's still using his extensive vocabulary, busting out sobriquet for one. Hope this continues and everyone can learn from silly wrestling videos.

Mauro is very damn good. Hope he goes from NXT to RAW, but his style wouldn't sit well with the current commentary team.

Heel

https://twitter.com/SCOTTHALLNWO/status/715808540103983104

9RMqLdf.png

Anth0ny

the funny thing is, they've had cole make hype videos in the past. definitely during the attitude era. and he's always sounded like a fucking joke, and he still does.

mauro sounds like the more respected and accomplished announcer in that hype video and he's been with wwe for like 2 months.

In an interview with Complex.com, John Cena confirmed recent speculation that he has already cleared to start wrestling again. Here is an excerpt from the interview:

How close are you to returning to the ring?

"If you ask me today, I should’ve been back two weeks ago. I’ve logged almost 400 hours of physical therapy. I got 111 visits in 12 weeks time. I go every single second I can. People say I have a Wolverine-like style of recovery. I was given a nine month quota to come back and after three months I can tell you that I am ready to do anything asked of me possible. It’s a matter of when they call me."

Are you medically cleared ?

"Yes."

April fools.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I still don't understand why at WrestleMania 30 they had Batista tap out instead of just having Orton do the job. I mean, they signed Batista to win the main event at WM and for Orton to do the job for him, so what was the point in having Batista eat the L? Particularly given that it was known ahead of time that Evolution was reforming and that Bryan wouldn't be involved in an angle with either Batista or Orton (in the non-darkest timeline where Bryan is still an active, healthy wrestler).

Also, Roman Reigns v. HHH is now a no-DQ match for some reasaon. Fun fact: the stipulation on the Lesnar/Ambrose match and HHH/Reigns match are now actually the same thing with different words because "no holds barred street fight" doesn't mean anything other than "no DQ."

Undertaker normally gets caked in makeup these days but I hope they keep the back eye for his match.

Announcers can say some bullshit like it was actually shane that caused it on RAW

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So if Undertaker actually looks normal, why does he show up with that weird fake suntan in matches? It looks way dumber than he just normally looks...

Hey, Americans, what's the deal with some of you not understanding the 24hr clock? I made that WM schedule with 5 different timezones and I keep getting you guys saying "what time's that in American?" or "I don't understand military time". Seriously? This is worse than the clapping. Or Fahrenheit. Or your backwards-ass date format.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I still don't understand why at WrestleMania 30 they had Batista tap out instead of just having Orton do the job. I mean, they signed Batista to win the main event at WM and for Orton to do the job for him, so what was the point in having Batista eat the L? Particularly given that it was known ahead of time that Evolution was reforming and that Bryan wouldn't be involved in an angle with either Batista or Orton (in the non-darkest timeline where Bryan is still an active, healthy wrestler).

Also, Roman Reigns v. HHH is now a no-DQ match for some reasaon. Fun fact: the stipulation on the Lesnar/Ambrose match and HHH/Reigns match are now actually the same thing with different words because "no holds barred street fight" doesn't mean anything other than "no DQ."

Batista asked for it so he could put Bryan over HUGE. And he did.

Batista was too good for WWE's fans. The man is a legend, and should have been loved. Instead people were cunts.

Love you Bateaster. <3

Hey, Americans, what's the deal with some of you not understanding the 24hr clock? I made that WM schedule with 5 different timezones and I keep getting you guys saying "what time's that in American?" or "I don't understand military time". Seriously? This is worse than the clapping. Or Fahrenheit. Or your backwards-ass date format.

Lemme go out of country for this

Works fine for us so
R5s8EDM.gif

Kaladin

If we went to a 24 hour format, what would we do with all the "It's Five O'Clock Somewhere" merch?

"It's Seventeen Hundred Somewhere" doesn't have the same ring to it.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the 12hr clock - we use both, depending on the circumstance, but actually not being able to figure out that 22:00 means 10PM? Seriously? It just kinda never occurred to me that 24hr times would cause anyone problems.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the 12hr clock - we use both, depending on the circumstance, but actually not being able to figure out that 22:00 means 10PM? Seriously?

Who can't? You can't? Or...who?

Sephzilla

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the 12hr clock - we use both, depending on the circumstance, but actually not being able to figure out that 22:00 means 10PM? Seriously? It just kinda never occurred to me that 24hr times would cause anyone problems.

I think it's just that so many people are used to the 12 hour system that it takes them a second to remember what military time equates to. You know what bullshit really needs to go away though? Daylight savings.

Who can't? You can't? Or...who?

Who? All the Americans asking me what the fuck 22:00 equates to! This is the same shit I get with timezones - seems crazy to me that someone in central time doesn't know that eastern time is an hour ahead, but yet I still get "what time is that in central?" tweets.

You know what bullshit really needs to go away though? Daylight savings.

Oh, agreed - I hate it in the winter when the clocks go back and I have to wake up an hour earlier for Japanese PPVs.

Angry Grimace

Batista asked for it so he could put Bryan over HUGE. And he did.

Batista was too good for WWE's fans. The man is a legend, and should have been loved. Instead people were cunts.

Love you Bateaster. <3

Lemme go out of country for this

Works fine for us so

I hadn't heard that but its cool if true. It wasn't a big deal, it just bugged me slightly since the point of a Triple Threat is the potential to protect the champion but take the belt off of them anyways, but Orton didn't have any real reason to be protected.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Who? All the Americans asking me what the fuck 22:00 equates to! This is the same shit I get with timezones - seems crazy to me that someone in central time doesn't know that eastern time is an hour ahead, but yet I still get "what time is that in central?" tweets.

Oh, agreed - I hate it in the winter when the clocks go back and I have to wake up an hour earlier for Japanese PPVs.

Is that on Twitter? There's your problem, heh. It's just simple math. The numbers don't lie!

Numbers know no language, homie.

I hadn't heard that but its cool if true. It wasn't a big deal, it just bugged me slightly since the point of a Triple Threat is the potential to protect the champion but take the belt off of them anyways, but Orton didn't have any real reason to be protected.
Bless Batista's heart. A man who truly loved both the business, and Daniel Bryan.

Because Bryan had already beat Orton a number of times before and Batista never got his comemuppence for the Rumble.

Top Bottom