• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Fox318

zYIXNWz.jpg

Mahonay

Banned
Austin's also said multiple times on his podcast that outside of the older guard (orton / cena and older) - that the rest of the wrestlers are taught to be on eggshells about saying anything. Austin's said that he himself wouldn't have become a star in the current environment.

I'm hoping that's why Rock made the instagram post - that he can use his external pressure to fight for what Roman probably already has said he wanted.
There's guys like Owens and The New Day who still do their own thing (Cena sometimes too), but they are also clearly allowed to ad-lib on some things, while others are not afforded the same flexibility. Most of the roster is super restricted like you said, only a lucky few are allowed wiggle room.

Fox318

Austin's also said multiple times on his podcast that outside of the older guard (orton / cena and older) - that the rest of the wrestlers are taught to be on eggshells about saying anything. Austin's said that he himself wouldn't have become a star in the current environment.

I'm hoping that's why Rock made the instagram post - that he can use his external pressure to fight for what Roman probably already has said he wanted.

All that is why Erik Rowan should have shot for a single then worked a half-nelson pin.

Mahonay

Banned
All that is why Erik Rowan should have shot for a single then worked a half-nelson pin.
That image in my head will never stop being funny.

I'm just going to start referring it to "that one time Erik Rowan shot on The Rock at WrestleMania 32".

Fox318

That image in my head will never stop being funny.

I'm just going to start referring it to "that one time Erik Rowan shot on The Rock at WrestleMania 32".

That's why when Hogan goes out there is never a ref around and he always has his back away from the ramp.

He's always fearing that somebody on the streets comes in and rolls him up.

Kaladin

WWE's Fan Council sent out a survey which is providing live results to a question about the most surprising moment at WM32:

Here are the live results of the WWE Fan Council members vote:
​
Zack Ryder knocking a confident Miz off the top of ladder to become the new Intercontinental Champion (42%)

Chris Jericho countering the Phenomenal Forearm with a mid-air Code Breaker to defeat AJ Styles (1%)

Shawn Michaels, Mick Foley and Stone Cold Steve Austin delivering Sweet Chin Music, Mr. Socko Mandible Claws and a Stone Cold Stunner, respectively, to The League of Nations (16%)

Brock Lesnar hitting 13 suplexes and one major F-5 to defeat Dean Ambrose (0%)

Ric Flair restraining Sasha Banks, allowing Charlotte to lock-up Becky Lynch in a Figure-8 and become the first-ever new WWE Women’s Champion (0%)

Shane McMahon jumping from the top of the 20ft steel cell in an attempt to hit an elbow drop to Undertaker (25%)

Shaquille O’Neal, Diamond Dallas Page and Tatanka entering the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal as surprise entrants (3%)

NXT Superstar Baron Corbin sending Kane over the top rope to win the 3rd Annual Andre the Giant Battle Royal (4%)

The Rock and, a returning John Cena, teaming up against The Wyatt Family to deliver a Rock Bottom, People’s Elbow, Attitude Adjustment and 5-Knuckle Shuffle (4%)

Roman Reigns defying all odds to become the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion (1%)

Sephzilla

Wait, did WWE really tell the TV viewers that the crowd wasn't a real one or whatever?

They did everything short of open with a PSA saying "PEOPLE DONT NORMALLY BOO ROMAN". Cole basically tried to convince the TV audience that the last 3 months of TV, and WrestleMania, didn't happen.

Mahonay

Banned
Wait, did WWE really tell the TV viewers that the crowd wasn't a real one or whatever?
They had JBL say that Reigns was getting booed so badly because it's the RAW after Mania, and the fans boo who they would normally cheer, and cheer who'd they normally boo. Inferring that Roman Reigns getting booed is just an aberration. Vince continues to view wrestling fans as low IQ white trash with the memory of a gerbil.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The 'this is awesome' and 'this is wrestling' chants at Takeover just seemed completely random. Like someone was going to pop if they didn't start chanting something soon.

Mahonay

Banned
The 'this is awesome' and 'this is wrestling' chants at Takeover just seemed completely random. Like someone was going to pop if they didn't start chanting something soon.
They've been chanting for the sake of chanting for a while now.

Also I was a pretty big fan of "FIGHT FOR-EVER" during Zayn vs Nakamura.

Fox318

They had JBL say that Reigns was getting booed so badly because it's the RAW after Mania, and the fans boo who they would normally cheer, and cheer who'd they normally boo. Inferring that Roman Reigns getting booed is just an aberration. Vince continues to view wrestling fans as low IQ white trash with the memory of a gerbil.

"I mean who would watch wrasslin? Don't they know its a work?"

Vince meeting every child or celebrity that says they are a wrestling fan and just looks at them with digust.

Vince just does wrestling as an excuse to listen to bands like saliva, kid rock, and Fort Minor

'We're in bizarro land, JR!'

They did everything short of open with a PSA saying "PEOPLE DONT NORMALLY BOO ROMAN". Cole basically tried to convince the TV audience that the last 3 months of TV, and WrestleMania, didn't happen.

Sad!

Kaladin

I loved the sign right on hard camera that said please don't mute us, we pay for this or something like that.

Well, instead of muting the crowd they basically said disregard anything these crazy passionate fans say the night after Mania, they boo for who they normally cheer for and cheer people they normally boo.

Mahonay

Banned
"I mean who would watch wrasslin? Don't they know its a work?"

Vince meeting every child or celebrity that says they are a wrestling fan and just looks at them with digust.

Vince just does wrestling as an excuse to listen to bands like saliva, kid rock, and Fort Minor
Don't forget Grammy award winning recording artist FLO RIDA

Fox318

I can't help but feel that those chants speak to what happened to wrestling.

Like the fan base had to point out what they like otherwise WWE would do something different.

I mean even the sports entertainment line.

Imagine if fans of Football started chanting "This is football" because the NFL decided to brand football as Gymnastic Pass Run

Fox318

I still love how Tatanka wrestled and he didn't even get an entrance.

Watch he jumped the rail and nobody except Vince and Kevin Dunn knew it was a mistake.

Caderfix

They've been chanting for the sake of chanting for a while now.

It started with a few passionate crowds, then it went to copycat crowds and now it escalated to a competition between crowds. Sometimes it gets pretty bad, like what happened yesterday during Charlotte's promo.

Top Bottom