• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wrestling shirts in public cmon Sunny that's like a walking disgrace, not an ad.

It will be fascinating to see what happens when their TV is up. If people want fundamental changes to the product, I think that would be a point where shit could really get tossed around.
I agree but remember who wear wrestling shirts

Nerds and children

Even self respecting nerds like myself find shirts that aren't so #deadgiveaway but we still buy...

klonere

Banned
I agree but remember who wear wrestling shirts

Nerds and children

Even self respecting nerds like myself find shirts that aren't so #deadgiveaway but we still buy...

None of my roommates in my new place know my Balor Club shirt has anything to do with wrestling and I wear it all the time

Remember Affliction? Heady times when men would roam around the public openly wearing the apex of manchild excess on their bodies.

Sephzilla

You losers are too concerned with what total strangers whom you'll never see again will think of you. I'll wear certain wrestling shirts out in public, simple looking shit like the Samoa Joe NXT shirt or an nWo shirt. Used to wear the Hulkamania shirt out in public too before the racist shit happened.

I think it's wise to take it into account, but the big question is, is what people ARE saying making a difference anywhere? When #cancelWWENetwork was trending, their subs shot UP. Even in this thread, which isn't exactly social media, negativity just rolls on here - yet, people still pay, by and large.

I'm no prophet, but I don't think having a product that people are largely and vocally dissatisfied with is a good way to help your brand in the long run. We'll see how WWE fares when TV collapses and they lose the majority of their income, but in the meantime I'll keep complaining because that's my right as an American, dammit.

klonere

Banned
You losers are too concerned with what total strangers whom you'll never see again will think of you. I'll wear certain wrestling shirts out in public, simple looking shit like the Samoa Joe NXT shirt or an nWo shirt. Used to wear the Hulkamania shirt out in public too before the racist shit happened.

Did we decide that the NWO shirt was #Safe a while back? Tons of people have no idea it has anything to do with wrestling. I certainly didn't when I was a kid. Probably an oversight on WCW's part!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm no prophet, but I don't think having a product that people are largely and vocally dissatisfied with is a good way to help your brand in the long run. We'll see how WWE fares when TV collapses and they lose the majority of their income, but in the meantime I'll keep complaining because that's my right as an American, dammit.
If they were dissatisfied though the end result should be that they leave, that their presence vanishes. Even with #CancelWWENetwork trending it showed, well, what those researchers said about Howard Stern and who liked him vs who hated him:

Researcher: The average radio listener listens for eighteen minutes. The average Howard Stern fan listens for - are you ready for this? - an hour and twenty minutes.
Pig Vomit: How can that be?
Researcher: Answer most commonly given? "I want to see what he'll say next."
Pig Vomit: Okay, fine. But what about the people who hate Stern?
Researcher: Good point. The average Stern hater listens for two and a half hours a day.
Pig Vomit: But... if they hate him, why do they listen?
Researcher: Most common answer? "I want to see what he'll say next."

Sephzilla

Did we decide that the NWO shirt was #Safe a while back? Tons of people have no idea it has anything to do with wrestling. I certainly didn't when I was a kid. Probably an oversight on WCW's part!

NWO is pretty #Safe, Hulkamania shirts used to be pretty #Safe for a while too (they still might be), Austin 3:16 is probably #Safe, I'd personally say the classic Cactus Jack shirt might be on the #safe side too.

Basically most wrestling t-shirts made after the year 2000 are #NotSafe

Sephzilla

Macho Man shirts are safest wrestling shirts ever. Everyone loved Macho Man

61hrRzGeUxL._UL1500_.jpg

Yeah I don't think the shirts are bad if it's subtle. Grabbed Asuka/New Day shirts in their leap year B1G1 sale

I would've grabbed the AJ shirt but "I Am Phenomenal" ruins it for me. It would be ok if it just said "phenomenal" but ughhhh

As gawdy as the Nakamura shirt is, I think that one's pretty decent overall

Xater

I didn't even watch Mania because I cared for nothing on that card. From what I heard about it I have not missed much. I did watch RAW though to see where they might be going and that cemented my feeling of not wantin to return. I'll just continue to watch the Takeover shows because those are awesome.

NWO is pretty #Safe, Hulkamania shirts used to be pretty #Safe for a while too (they still might be), Austin 3:16 is probably #Safe, I'd personally say the classic Cactus Jack shirt might be on the #safe side too.

Basically most wrestling t-shirts made after the year 2000 are #NotSafe
nWo is probably the safest shirt in wrestling. This chick I went to school went since Kindergarten pulled out an nWo shirt in high school. This was possibly 2008 and she was part of the crowd who was family well known. And of I knew she didn't watch wrestling but the shirt looked brad spanking knew.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Give us some safe choices.
There's honestly VERY few. I have a Bruce Tharpe-des shirt, a Scott Norton flexing in front of Mt Fuji, a Bad Luck Fale shirt (shut up Data) and an Ascension shirt. Safest one is either Norton or Tharpe.

Sephzilla

There's honestly VERY few. I have a Bruce Tharpe-des shirt, a Scott Norton flexing in front of Mt Fuji, a Bad Luck Fale shirt (shut up Data) and an Ascension shirt. Safest one is either Norton or Tharpe.

I'm never turning to you for fashion advice especially with that rainbow hair of yours

kiguel182

I gave a quick look on the WWE shop and not only where there no safe shirts they mostly looked like crap.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I gave a quick look on the WWE shop and not only where there no safe shirts they mostly looked like crap.
No surprise there

New Day are turning into the most acceptable shirts out there, but lots of crossover with the types of people that would wear a street fighter hadoken shirt

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still laughing inside that Stone Cold beat down Santa Claus and asked him if he was the real Santa Claus or just a fat piece of trash. It's killing me because canonically STONE COLD BELIEVES IN SANTA CLAUS STILL. So good.

klonere

Banned
Wyatt/Lesnar is DEFINITELY still on

BrayWyatt said:
"Me and Brock Lesnar are going to meet. And this is the only way I can put this, me and Brock Lesnar will meet down the line. It will mean something and I'm going to give him my soul and my body, and, hopefully, he doesn't kill me, but if he does, then, so be it. That's as much as I can give there. I've been beaten up quite a bit this past year. We all have. It [has] been a rough year as far as the curse of the injury, but I'm still ticking, barely, but I'm still here. I'm still alive."

Sephzilla

I saw a dude wearing a hulkamania shirt a good few months back in the city. I gagged

That aint safe.

Hulkamania being #safe really depends on whether or not the people around you know he's a racist fucktard. There's surprisingly a lot of people who don't know about the racist shit he said.

I saw a dude wearing a hulkamania shirt a good few months back in the city. I gagged

That aint safe.
I remember having a Hulkamania drawstring bag in middle school. My cousin never lets me live it down, I wasn't the biggest fan but it was the best of all the options in 2005.

Sephzilla

Really though most subtle wrestling shirts are generally safe. The ones that aren't safe are those gaudy as fuck ones like what Roman Reigns has. Wearing shirts of older wrestlers (like the Steamboat one above me) are usually fine too.

Old wrestler shirt - "Oh, that's a wrestler you liked back when you were a kid? That's cool" #Safe

Current wrestler shirt - "Oh.... you still watch this?" #DeadGiveaway

That and current wrestler shirts are ugly as fuck

If they were dissatisfied though the end result should be that they leave, that their presence vanishes. Even with #CancelWWENetwork trending it showed, well, what those researchers said about Howard Stern and who liked him vs who hated him:

Researcher: The average radio listener listens for eighteen minutes. The average Howard Stern fan listens for - are you ready for this? - an hour and twenty minutes.
Pig Vomit: How can that be?
Researcher: Answer most commonly given? "I want to see what he'll say next."
Pig Vomit: Okay, fine. But what about the people who hate Stern?
Researcher: Good point. The average Stern hater listens for two and a half hours a day.
Pig Vomit: But... if they hate him, why do they listen?
Researcher: Most common answer? "I want to see what he'll say next."

Howard Stern's "edgy". "Edgy" doesn't sell as much as it used to, even the WWE figured that out.

Current subscribers are one thing, but what about their future post-TV? WWE's going to need a lot more than the 1.4 million (reported) paid subscribers to stay at their current level of profitability. In many ways, now is probably the most important time in the company's history for them to make Raw a watchable thing so they can hook in as many people as possible before they make that transition.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You guys are pathetically concerned with what people think about you.

Anth0ny

no wrestling shirts from WWE are safe. it's fucking wrestling. fake sports. you KNOW it's fake, right?

if under armor or roots of fight put out a rock line, that would be ok.

it's true. i walk around with a hoody, track pants and velcro shoes cause it's comfy and i dont give a fuck what people think about me

Sephzilla

That's how you know you're a nerd. Once you've been in college, most of the times you forget what people think of you. At least I did.

Seriously though, this is a truth bomb. After college I generally stopped giving a shit about what people thought of me. I just don't wear certain wrestling shirts because they're ugly.

Alucard

Banned
no wrestling shirts from WWE are safe. it's fucking wrestling. fake sports. you KNOW it's fake, right?

if under armor or roots of fight put out a rock line, that would be ok.

it's true. i walk around with a hoody, track pants and velcro shoes cause it's comfy and i dont give a fuck what people think about me

Says the guy that probably owns a Spider-Man shirt and other "fake" characters.

C'maaaaaaan.

"Real" sports fans and fake sports fans are equally terrible.

kiguel182

If you live in society people thinking good things about you is probably just a good idea in general.

Not to say I'm not a nerd but just speaking in broad terms being concerned with appearances is good.

EDIT: Also, I tell people I like wrestling because I'm in college and I don't care what they think. But if I did I probably would keep that to myself.

Seriously though, this is a truth bomb. After college I generally stopped giving a shit about what people thought of me. I just don't wear certain wrestling shirts because they're ugly.
Shit, I'm a straight male but I own a Wonder Woman shirt that I wore to a gym where you're being judged by lots of college students. I never got any flack because of who I am. When those Boots 2 Asses shirts came out, I wore them to the gym and people loved them(probably because you come to the gym to kick your workouts ass).

You have to be comfortable in your own skin and just stop caring. That's part of growing up, I guess.

After being picked on for being fat most of my life, when you cut down 130lbs you know how it feels to just be comfortable and not care.

Top Bottom