• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Marvel

could never
https://twitter.com/animalglue/status/717181141208473600

rob
‏@animalglue
This ska loving dipshit even skanks while he's falling down.

CfPwcdWWEAAZbtt.jpg

lol
Screaming.

UberTag

Fuck this shit. But there's still hope this will be a long running feud leading to
Ryder winning his title back at the next PPV, right? Right?
You're a funny guy, you know that.

We'll find out The Miz's ACTUAL IC title feud opponent next week.
They'll 50/50 a bunch of matches back and forth. Hopefully it won't be Ziggler.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
You're a funny guy, you know that.

We'll find out The Miz's ACTUAL IC title feud opponent next week.
They'll 50/50 a bunch of matches back and forth. Hopefully it won't be Ziggler.
But.....woo woo woo? Why can't they just let Ryder get a 50/50 feud?

Bah. I can't believe they overturned the only outcome at Mania to get a positive reaction. Mania was one weird as fuck result after another. The one result that was weird in a good way is overturned in a day. Goddamnit Shane you suck at running Raw!

Hex

Banned
But.....woo woo woo? Why can't they just let Ryder get a 50/50 feud?

Bah. I can't believe they overturned the only outcome at Mania to get a positive reaction. Mania was one weird as fuck result after another. The one result that was weird in a good way is overturned in a day. Goddamnit Shane you suck at running Raw!

Because Dad is going to get involved due to Maryse interfering over and over, and then Zack will get the feel good win.
Zack is an underdog, it has been his thing.

Browny

Banned
It's payback for the Miz from three years ago... He wins it from Barrett on the WM 29 pre-show, then loses it the next night on Raw. What goes around, comes around. Long-term booking and all that.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
It's payback for the Miz from three years ago... He wins it from Barrett on the WM 29 pre-show, then loses it the next night on Raw. What goes around, comes around. Long-term booking and all that.
Miz should get payback by being put in the main title scene again. Barrett should get payback by having a feud with Cena where he wins. Ryder should get payback by having a real title reign. Sandow should get payback by winning money in the bank again and successfully cashing in.

Zach

HEY GUYS! HAVE YOU HEARD THE BIG NEWS?! THE SUPER AWESOME COOL HIP BAND EVERYONE IS TALKING ABOUT, HUNDRED HANDED, IS GOING TO BE AT RAW LIVE ON MONDAY NIGHT! PLEASE BE VERY EXCITEMENT!

That's apparently "Dr." Phil's kid's band, so far they got Alicia Fox and Summer Rae out shilling on Twitter with super genuine tweets that they totally did on their own with no one asking them to for a band that probably only a few thousand people have heard of outside of Phil's show.
Ewww.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I remember watching TNA years ago and Bischoff was on the phone and said something like "We're not gonna have celebrity guests every week on the show. What kind of a stupid idea is that?"

When even TNA knows it's a stupid idea, you know you fucked up. Why is the celebrity guest host thing still sometimes a thing?

Still, you could do worse than Dr Phil.

Barrage

Smackdown sounds good this week.
The Roman era.
CfVQstaUYAAApeU.jpg:large

More of an indictment of the Rollins Era, the guy everyone is saying should get the belt back when he returns.

(Hint: There is no draw in the WWE right now bar Cena. Noone else makes the needle move.)

Oh deary me. Not a clever idea really. Certain things just aren't worth the hassle - not sure what they were trying to achieve.
I think they legitimately thought that this was a good dynamic.

Things like this are always an interesting insight into what the promoters think of their fans, as well as their own politics. I always remember that at the same time TNA was featuring Richard Parliament, a pro EU politician gimmick as a heel, PROGRESS had a pre GZRS Tom Irvin as a UKIP heel.
Also, congrats on your news Flam.
Thanks ^_^

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ratings show a drop across the board for all live TV.

klonere

Banned
The ratings also don't matter because USA as a network is down way more than WWE on its own, WWE still pull in the biggest rating on the network and WWE's deal seems to be ratings agnostic in that it doesn't matter what the ratings are, they still get paid, paid a lot and paid even more each year the deal goes on.

Vince always be winning.
Except compared to sports and UFC, UFC in particular also being an anchor for FS1 like WWE is but is consistently growing and brings in more sponsor dollars

Hex

Banned
Drop sure but there should not be that big of a drop between this and last year raw after Wm.

I just think alot less people watch live these days.
DVRs are a way of life, there are maybe two shows that I watch live anymore and even those often I start fifteen minutes late and watch at the beginning due to recording.
I will also say that they recap way too much, spening 10% of their shows recapping.
Stop doing long recaps, recap only important details and make people have to watch to see what is happening.

...for wrestling fans to find something that fits their narrative!

"Narrative" is such a convenient word to dismiss someone's opinion.

FWIW I don't think Reign's reign is the sole problem. Having three hour shows packed with replays and uninteresting midcard feuds is the problem I'd fix first since that's what actually makes up the majority of Raw.

Mahonay

Banned
There's obviously other problems with creative and booking other than just the Reigns story.

Also I'm still looking forward to Reigns vs Styles.

Marvel

could never
Primo and Epico's new thing had me confused as to wtf they will be doing lol

They now like flowers I guess.

Mahonay

Banned
people did that for Bryan and Rollins
you know, mostly the same people who now defend Reigns
funny how that works
And the narrative and booking issues that existed while Rollins was champ are still very present with Reigns during his title chase and as champ. The majority core fans just happen to really dislike Reigns as a character in general.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Make Ryder the face of the company if they want to see a ratings spike. Or Sandow.

Yeah after his title win at Mania I'm super high on Ryder again and refuse to accept another burial. I accepted his burial several years ago. They gave me hope again at Mania and I'm not ready to let go just yet. Woo woo woo.

bjork

I wonder, when Brock's contract is up, who they'll feed him to in his sendoff match? Or if he'll even cooperate with that. No idea when that is, but surely he's not under contract forever.

Primo and Epico's new thing had me confused as to wtf they will be doing lol

They now like flowers I guess.
They need to search for Carlito. I think an awesome feud would be that team of 3 v New Day. Carlito and Kofi as the veterans and they have some history with each other. But according to Falcon, they're not interested in Carlito.

wsgEgqh.jpg

They should've went with this version of the tag titles, it's really cool.

Top Bottom