• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

he can barely speak english. of course he doesn't stand a chance on the main roster.

enzo and cass are gonna DIE next week when the crowd have no idea what the fuck their spiel is in the ring. hopefully they get over as time goes on, but I don't think it's going to be easy.
That's another thing im worried about with them...regular crowds aren't going to be reciting Enzo's lines like we saw last night. Where's Raw at next week? I hope it's a smark city b/c Little Jimmy and dad arent going to pop for these guys yet. They need a couple more outings with smark crowds like last night for the general public to get a feel for them.

In all seriousness, what you're describing about Nakamura is called eccentricity with an over the top flamboyant style and are a few of the things people find to be enjoyable. He has an unconventional personality/ character and, yet, despite this, has remarkable in-ring skills. I understand you're going off first impressions here but I highly recommend you give his matches in Japan against AJ Styles and any of his matches with Ibushi a watch. Many people, rightly or wrongly, find eccentric personalities to be fun.
I certainly will. :)

I took a trip down to Cobb County, Georgia...

https://youtu.be/7ecXqZl7eSc
It could've been worse, it could've been The Oddities.
Yeah - last time I visited her, she dragged me up at 2 AM my time (went from west to east coast) and made me go to the gym. Dropping our puppy on my face is an effective way to wake me up, jet lag be damned, lol.

Keep grinding. :)
You're fucked, she's insane. I'm not going at 2 am. I'll leave by 2 am if I go at 1130 lol

Menome

Yeah - last time I visited her, she dragged me up at 2 AM my time (went from west to east coast) and made me go to the gym. Dropping our puppy on my face is an effective way to wake me up, jet lag be damned, lol.

Keep grinding. :)

That sounds like someone who's going to roll-up pin you at a moment's notice, using the dog as a distraction.

Keep your eye on her.

CfTsLOwUUAAobE1.jpg

thefro

That's another thing im worried about with them...regular crowds aren't going to be reciting Enzo's lines like we saw last night. Where's Raw at next week? I hope it's a smark city b/c Little Jimmy and dad arent going to pop for these guys yet. They need a couple more outings with smark crowds like last night for the general public to get a feel for them.

They were over big at Roadblock in Toronto and reportedly have been over at every WWE house show they were on before getting called up, so they'll be fine.

There's going to be enough NXT-watchers to sing-along with the catchphrases in any crowd.

Might've been posted already but here's a summary of falconarrow's AMA on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir...ers_key_notes_from_falconarrows_ama_upcoming/

(he's the guy who leaked everything happening on Raw last night)

lots of interesting nuggets

They were over big at Roadblock in Toronto and reportedly have been over at every WWE house show they were on before getting called up, so they'll be fine.

There's going to be enough NXT-watchers to sing-along with the catchphrases in any crowd.
I so hope you're right. And i so hope they dont get too catchphrase heavy. I love everything about them...the 'you're ugly' and other insults gimmick is perfect.

Gurrry

They won't allow it.

Yes Women's wrestling has come far but they won't allow them to be doing shit like that.

I wish they would do that. The briefcase is honestly the next best thing to have other than the WHC at this point.

Id take the MITB over the USA or IC title all day.

jmdajr

I was surprised they never did a Zoolander2 promotional crossover. But the movie was apparently not good and flopped at the box office.

So yeah. Same story.

Sephzilla

Yeah, if the main roster isn't going to use Breeze then send him back to NXT. NXT could use him since they just took a few roster hits.

kiguel182

I was surprised they never did a Zoolander2 promotional crossover. But the movie was apparently not good and flopped at the box office.

So yeah. Same story.

But Breeze is good. You just have to put him in a situation to succeed instead of throwing him in the roster without a story or promo time.

I hate that WWE has so many talented dudes that does nothing with. I want to see those guys but creative isn't up to par.

Imagine a WWE product with this amount of talent being written but guys of the same level.

Tyler seems like the sort of guy who could benefit from working outside of WWE for a while - the gimmick is a non-starter on such a big stage, I think we can all agree on that.

jmdajr

But Breeze is good. You just have to put him in a situation to succeed instead of throwing him in the roster without a story or promo time.

I hate that WWE has so many talented dudes that does nothing with. I want to see those guys but creative isn't up to par.

Imagine a WWE product with this amount of talent being written but guys of the same level.

It's odd that they juggled multiple story lines back in the day better than now. Everyone should have something to do.

I'm not sure the WWE is keen on ladder-themed matches involving women.

I'd be surprised if it ever did a streetfight-style match with female competitors, too.
idk with Lita being in charge of the womens division, she may push hard for it to happen. Trish and her definitely should've had a ladder match.

He was actually on and off in TNA until 2010. Don't think they ever said why he left/was released, he went back to indies after
Ah ol, thank you.

So yeah. Same story.
It wasn't too bad, it's hard for comedy to really make it now. And I think it's hard to review comedy movies so new generation sees a bad score and don't go see the movies. Comedy movies are becoming like music, very subjective.

jmdajr

Tyler seems like the sort of guy who could benefit from working outside of WWE for a while - the gimmick is a non-starter on such a big stage, I think we can all agree on that.

Fandango, Funkasaur. Yeah not exactly long hits.

Hell even someone like The Model Rick Martel, the gimmick, was only relevant for like what....a year?

jmdajr

It wasn't too bad, it's hard for comedy to really make it now. And I think it's hard to review comedy movies so new generation sees a bad score and don't go see the movies. Comedy movies are becoming like music, very subjective.

I'll watch it later. I'm a yuuuuge fan of the original.

Anyone else hope they'll introduce a Women's MITB match this year?

Given that they often do two at the PPV (always? mostly? haven't checked), I'd have no problem with the second being for either a title shot at the Women's belt or for the belt itself.

Son Of D

Anyone else hope they'll introduce a Women's MITB match this year?

You'll get a women's battle royale on Raw and like it.

On the subject of MitB, I wouldn't mind if they change it up a bit and instead make it a guaranteed title match at Summerslam. Make it the Royal Rumble equivalent to Summerslam.

After watching Takeover Dallas and the Zayn/Nakamura match i can confirm this guy will bomb on the main roster. You know that gif yall keep posting of him in his entrance waving his arms around? he looks like a guy with no rhythm...he's just waving his arms around with no rhythm at all but you guys think he's this super charismatic person. There's no rhythm to his movements and mannerisms...it's so bad, he's waving them around clunky and aimlessly. This isnt me trying to be contrarian or gimmick post...i can't stand gimmick posting. This is someone talking from the perspective of first time seeing Shinsuke Nakamura in action and those are my reactions.
image.php

Top Bottom