• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

Kaladin

539408_10150688253026026_31695961025_9564307_895850662_n.jpg

Brazzers anyone?

Clegg

That Lesnar/Taker HIAC was so good.

That whole fued with Taker was amazing.

I wonder why HHH never wanted to feud with him.

Barrage

Too bad Brock couldn't handle it and left. Fast forward 8 years later and he's nowhere near what he used to be.

Couldn't handle it? Blame the WWE for that one. Lesnar won the KOTR, Main-Evented Summerslam, Won the RR, Won the World Title as both a heel and a face, beat the Rock and Hulk Hogan, and main-evented WM in his first year. That's how he was booked. What's left to do? Lesnar left being completely content, because like Goldberg, he literally accomplished everything there was to accomplish. And in a short enough time that he was still young enough to pursue other things.

Kyoufu

Couldn't handle it? Blame the WWE for that one. Lesnar won the KOTR, Main-Evented Summerslam, Won the RR, Won the World Title as both a heel and a face, beat the Rock and Hulk Hogan, and main-evented WM in his first year. That's how he was booked. What's left to do? Lesnar left being completely content, because like Goldberg, he literally accomplished everything there was to accomplish. And in a short enough time that he was still young enough to pursue other things.

He didn't leave because of that though? Thought he left because he hated being on the road. At least that's what Punk said.

Triple H probably didn't want to put him over.

It's kind of funny, there's a triple threat match with Rock, Brock, and Triple H that I believe is the only time those two were in the same match.

He didn't leave because of that though? Thought he left because he hated being on the road. At least that's what Punk said.
I think that's probably part of it. He didn't like being on the road so much, in addition to him basically achieving everything imaginable in the company.

Barrage

A lot of guys hate the road. But when you become a main eventer after 12 years of wrestling, ala Stone Cold/HBK/Insert Guy Here, you still do the road because at that point you're in your 30's and it's all you know. Lesnar hit that echelon in twelve months, before he was 26.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I think that's probably part of it. He didn't like being on the road so much, in addition to him basically achieving everything imaginable in the company.
According to his book, it was absolutely due to being on the road, and he also hated having to essentially be a 24/7 public figure, by doing promotional work. Brock wants to be a VERY private person, who simply hated being on the road. In every interview, he's continuously sited the lifestyle that drove him away. He was also paid well, and still young enough to go do other stuff. He was actually the first guy to get his own tour bus, but he still hated it. "Accomplishing" everything in wrestling means nothing. Don't be a mark Geek, lol.

Clegg

Triple H probably didn't want to put him over.

It's kind of funny, there's a triple threat match with Rock, Brock, and Triple H that I believe is the only time those two were in the same match.

You know HHH is full of himself when even Hogan was willing to put over Lesnar.

because they where building Brock up to be the next big thing.

If you think current Triple H is bad your lucky because early 00's era H was in a whole different league of holding young guys back and hogging the spot light.

Plus that was back when the brand split meant something so Brock and H's where never really on the same show. Triple H would have been busy doing Evolution stuff and burying young Randy Orton then

Also speaking of Brock. What do you guys want WWE to do with him now that he is there?

Having his first match back at Extreme rules just seems a bit ehh but they probably cant wait until Summerslam ether.

Feuding with Cena seems like a dead end. Nowhere to go from there once the feud is over.

I guess thats the problem when most of the roster is shit. When a big Megastar comes back there is only 1 or 2 people they could feud with that people would give a shit about.

I dont think a Punk/Brock feud would be very good. A Big Show or Henry vs Brock feud could kill a few weeks on TV I guess.

Nelo Ice

Banned

If you think current Triple H is bad your lucky because early 00's era H was in a whole different league of holding young guys back and hogging the spot light.

Also speaking of Brock. What do you guys want WWE to do with him now that he is there?

Having his first match back at Extreme rules just seems a bit ehh but they probably cant wait until Summerslam ether.

Feuding with Cena seems like a dead end. Nowhere to go from there once the feud is over.

I guess thats the problem when most of the roster is shit. When a big Megastar comes back there is only 1 or 2 people they could feud with that people would give a shit about.

I dont think a Punk/Brock feud would be very good. A Big Show or Henry vs Brock feud could kill a few weeks on TV I guess.

Easy elevate Ziggler or Bryan. Actually just make him feud with Ziggler so we can see how he sells a F5.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

Seriously. I always say that time was the worst I've ever seen in the WWE. HHH literally buried guy after guy, month after month. Thankfully, some of those careers were able to recover, but others just died. The guy was trying to ruin wrestling.

According to his book, it was absolutely due to being on the road, and he also hated having to essentially be a 24/7 public figure, by doing promotional work. Brock wants to be a VERY private person, who simply hated being on the road. In every interview, he's continuously sited the lifestyle that drove him away. He was also paid well, and still young enough to go do other stuff. He was actually the first guy to get his on tour bus, but he still hated it. "Accomplishing" everything in wrestling means nothing. Don't be a mark Geek, lol.
Maybe, but why stick around a job y-...
"Accomplishing" everything in wrestling means nothing. Don't be a mark Geek, lol.

be a mark Geek, lol.

OtgZM.gif

Why did they have him go out there and tell people not to chant YES and then release a t-shirt encouraging it a few days later?

they didn't. sounded like they had him go out there and tell the crowd not to chant 'YES! YES! YES!' during anyone else's matches. that's all he criticised, that the crowd chanted YES! for the Rock. makes sense that they don't want his heat leaking all over other matches, and it makes sense that DB wouldn't want anyone confusing who those chants were for too :)

What? Look at the face! One's face is distinctly different.
how can only one of the Bella's have a distinctive face? both are equally distinctive (a phrase i'm sure i could turn into a joke if i wasn't so tired).

ZeroRay

Seriously. I always say that time was the worst I've ever seen in the WWE. HHH literally buried guy after guy, month after month. Thankfully, some of those careers were able to recover, but others just died. The guy was trying to ruin wrestling.

That's why I only watched Smackdown from '02-'03: By far the best wrestling show in WWE history. RAW was Nitro 2 with Triple H as Hogan, the clique and Goldberg combined.

Mark. You probably still think winning the WWE title and Royal Rumble means something, lol.

It means $ you mark.

That's why I only watched Smackdown from '02-'03: By far the best wrestling show in WWE history. RAW was Nitro 2 with Triple H as Hogan, the clique and Goldberg combined.
Smackdown is generally better, probably because it isn't Vince's pet show and they have a bit more freedom to do what they want, AND the top company guys all want to be on RAW, so you aren't getting the same crap shoved down your throat all the time AND when a top guy gets put on Smackdown he works his ass off to shine and prove that he should be allowed to go back to suck on RAW.

RAW is good sometimes... but i like wrestling in my sports entertainment, you know?

Top Bottom