• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

Mark Henry said he's the next World Heavy Champion. Yup, he's a confused little jimmy.

I noticed that too lol. He's a perfect fit for Team Teddy....... Johnny.

Forgot to mention another stupid thing about Smackdown, Sheamus loses his match, kicks a ref in the head for the fun of it, so of course play that mans music to end the show. :\ Now the crowd are supposed to cheer for the bully now, how is that being a star too many limes?

Why aren't they organising the walk out now cause of him, its such a dangerous work environment! Hunner should be sorting this shit. JJ Dillon would have had his title stripped from him.

I noticed that too lol. He's a perfect fit for Team Teddy....... Johnny.

Forgot to mention another stupid thing about Smackdown, Sheamus loses his match, kicks a ref in the head for the fun of it, so of course play that mans music to end the show. :\ Now the crowd are supposed to cheer for the bully now, how is that being a star too many limes?

Why aren't they organising the walk out now cause of him, its such a dangerous work environment! Hunner should be sorting this shit. JJ Dillon would have had his title stripped from him.

you might have missed it, but at least Cole mentioned that referees had been calling for Sheamus's dismissal.

Chopper

There was some good stuff to be found in this week's Raw. Let's have a think...

Opening segment was great. Harked back to the Attitude era nicely enough to make me mark out a bit. Especially when I saw blood.

Santino is gold. I don't care how limited his moveset is, his comedic performances are consistently funny. The material he has to work with is often questionable, but I thought his and Kane's stuff in the corridor was hilarious. In the ring, he could do with a couple more high-impact moves and a new finisher. I am totally backing his US Title reign, and I think the vocal live crowds will agree for a while.

Big Show Inception! Actually. Scrap that, it was lame.

Punk sounded legitimately passionate in his promo, if a bit whiny, and I thought his emphatic finish worked nicely, deapite the fact the injection of alcohol into the storyline is total nonsense. The best thing about this though is Jericho's attempt to make CM Punk an alcoholic through osmosis. I don't think he gets how it works, but it's fun to see the champ get beaten up every now and again. Also, there's an element of comedy in Jericho's performances that farces the whole thing up a bit. I'm a total mark, so I'm all for that. Not sure how well that bodes for Jericho's title ambitions though. : /

Jonny Ace is fucking awesome, and David Otunga has him to thank for my interests in him. I have gone from hating Otunga and wanting him to leave, to wanting to see what he has got to offer. He's got his charcter down, and his partnership with Jonny is a consistent delight.

And Brock is awesome. I still can't really believe he's back. And he F5'd Cena again! After kicking him in the balls! He doesn't give a fuck!

Albert has improved a shit-ton. Squash matches aren't my favourite, but at least he's able to showcase some skills until start establishing new feuds after the Wrestlemania fallout/rematch season.

Funkasaurus is in an actual storyline. A big man with charisma and the ability to throw himself around a bit should inject a bit of diversity to the mid-card. Either Swagger or Ziggler could have a good match with him if it went on for long enough. Not too long, of course.

The lack of Miami crowd might have killed this show's buzz, but it's not all bad.

Reports coming in that Sin Cara is out of WWE, as the Bella Twins have taken his spot in the dirt sheets being reported as fired and/or quitting every other day. Wait, I've created a paradox oh no brrrrrrrrrrrrrp
-PWEatsliders

Let's stop calling the wrestlemania and proceeding raw crowd "miami crowd." They are getting way to much credit...they aren't even in the top 10 normally. /pet peeve

Brock needs to beef up a bit and i'm tired of punk's same kld same old but the show is getting a lot better, that's for sure!

Cena taking a shitton of asswhippings is pretty awesome too.

Are Albert's tats real?

Brock v Shamus please.

Oh, and best part of Raw was the report of Yoshi's pre-match Tweet: "I will be fine. I am a man." Well, second best part. I can't tell you what the best part is yet.

you might have missed it, but at least Cole mentioned that referees had been calling for Sheamus's dismissal.

Ah that would be nice. I thought it was just gonna be a forgotten good guys can do anything they want cause its for the 'right reasons' or done with a smile BS things lol.

Aiii

So not worth it
Just watched Raw, nice botch by Henry on the mic.

Really liking the Punk/Y2J stuff, should've done this leading up to Mania though.

Last minute was a big downer though. Apparently Lesnar is targeting the top guy in the company right now. No, he's not targeting the WWE Champion, or even the WHC Sheamus. Your top dog is of course John Cena, who has transcended silly championships.

Apparently not having the top championship and losing cleanly at Wrestlemania to the Rock means nothing for your status if your John Cena.

-Also, might I comment how good The Stooges were with their Hogan impression, shouldn't be getting boo'd for that really. I've not yet checked on the dirt sheets but I'm sure Hulk blew a lid off on that one. :D

Entropia

No One Remembers
Just watched Raw, nice botch by Henry on the mic.

Really liking the Punk/Y2J stuff, should've done this leading up to Mania though.

Last minute was a big downer though. Apparently Lesnar is targeting the top guy in the company right now. No, he's not targeting the WWE Champion, or even the WHC Sheamus. Your top dog is of course John Cena, who has transcended silly championships.

Apparently not having the top championship and losing cleanly at Wrestlemania to the Rock means nothing for your status if your John Cena.

-Also, might I comment how good The Stooges were with their Hogan impression, shouldn't be getting boo'd for that really. I've not yet checked on the dirt sheets but I'm sure Hulk blew a lid off on that one. :D

Will Sasso is a huge wrasslin fan, so I'm not surprised his impression was spot on. (Remember Hart vs. Sasso? lol)

Also I disagree with the Punk/Jericho stuff, really. I get that Punk has built himself upon being "Straight Edge" but this angle just seems to be in poor taste. What's wrong with having the title of "Best In The World" and the Championship being the focal points of the feud?

A lot of the people weren't actually from Miami, they were there for Wrestlemania weekend ;P

(If WWE wants TV reactions to go up they need to get some shows in Toronto)

Can't have that "bizarro world" crowd going against the flow of Vinny Mac's ideals, blacklisted!

Kaladin

How exactly has losing to the Rock at WrestleMania after a year-long build not made any appreciable difference to John Cena's character?

I don't know, Cena felt a little different last night. Has Cena ever just come down to the ring and slapped someone like that before? He also looked like he enjoyed the blood flowing from his mouth. That's not typical Cena behavior.

Kyoufu

I don't know, Cena felt a little different last night. Has Cena ever just come down to the ring and slapped someone like that before? He also looked like he enjoyed the blood flowing from his mouth. That's not typical Cena behavior.

Cena will smirk no matter what.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
On the subject of Cena, and I know I say this every week, but just how boring is CM Punk these days? On the mic he just drones on and on making no coherent sentences, just like Cena.

Chopper

On the subject of Cena, and I know I say this every week, but just how boring is CM Punk these days? On the mic he just drones on and on making no coherent sentences, just like Cena.
I'd say he is alot more articulate than Cena. Cena literally repeats the same thing over and over. At least Punk emotes.

Not even Punk is safe from the WWE Face turn charisma removal procedure™
But at least he tries to resist.

krae_man

That's all the Brock Feud and not Cena.

Speaking of Punk, he's the WWE Champion and he's currently 4th fiddle behind:

1) Cena-Lesner
2) The Rock's quest to be WWE Champion
3) "End of an Era" Video packages with Superstar commentary

Kyoufu

That's all the Brock Feud and not Cena.

Speaking of Punk, he's the WWE Champion and he's currently 4th fiddle behind:

1) Cena-Lesner
2) The Rock's quest to be WWE Champion
3) "End of an Era" Video packages with Superstar commentary

The "CM" stands for Card Mid

(this should be May OT name lol)

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
It was actually a well-delivered promo, it's just that the premise was already so stupid and tired that it doesn't matter. This whole alcohol thing is dumb as shit. I'm pretty sure Punk has been around alcohol in one form or another his whole life; I'm supposed to believe this grown-ass man who's been straight edge for ages is going to freak the fuck out if somebody pours some beer on him in a wrestling ring?

Kyoufu

It was actually a well-delivered promo, it's just that the premise was already so stupid and tired that it doesn't matter. This whole alcohol thing is dumb as shit. I'm pretty sure Punk has been around alcohol in one form or another his whole life; I'm supposed to believe this grown-ass man who's been straight edge for ages is going to freak the fuck out if somebody pours some beer on him in a wrestling ring?

Card Mid Punk doesn't care because he knows you're tuning in for Lesnar anyway.

The problem with CM Punk is he needs to drop the title. He's had it too long and a face champion is usually boring. The money is in the face chasing the heel champ.

Kyoufu

By the way, I got an email saying WWE has sold out of the D Bryan YES shirts. Backorder for a month.

I guess Miami bought all of them.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I always kinda hate it when they bring a wrestler's family into a feud. I mean, I'm sure they sign off on it, but it's gotta feel kinda shitty. Even if Punk's father ISN'T an alcoholic in real life.

But then again, this is the company that thought YOUR MOTHER IS DEAD, JERRY, YOUR MOTHER IS DEAAAAAAAD was just fine.

Cena showing a bit of aggression is great and all, especially as he showed so little of it during the feud with Rocky, but him 'enjoying' being cut open by Lesnar seemed to me to be Cena playing down the fact that Brock just rattled him.

As far as I can tell, all that's changed about Cena after WrestleMania is that he's got some goofy-ass new merchandise and that it took 12 months of Rock bad-mouthing Cena and making him look like a chump for Cena to get moderately annoyed and cut a single Thuganomics promo on the Rock, whereas Brock F5's Cena and insinuates that he isn't legit, and suddenly Cena's mad as hell. Then you factor into it that Brock's come back gunning for the 'top guy' - shouldn't that be Rocky? Or, hell, one of the two World Champions? Shit doesn't make sense.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

Yeah the only thing I thought was, "Oh, look. Cena's laughing it off AGAIN."

UberTag

What? No...

That was a BITW match to see who is the best. Jericho winning that would kill off the BITW money maker.
There isn't a single person on the planet that considers CM Punk the "best wrestler in the world" after that debacle at Wrestlemania. There were some people who felt that after Money in the Bank last summer... but not now.

Heck, there isn't any single person on the planet that considers Davey Richards the "best wrestler in the world" and we came out on the winning end of the best "wrestling" match on Wrestlemania weekend. But that's more due to the predictability of Steen crushing him next month.

(
The best wrestlers in the world right now are either Daniel Bryan, El Generico, Dolph Ziggler or some Japanese/MMA dude I haven't named.
Or... if you ask any of the wrestlers in the back INCLUDING CM Punk while on camera, they'll say it's Triple H. Because he won "the end of an era" match at Mania.
Oh wait... he lost? Well, he's still the best anyway.
)

Kyoufu

There isn't a single person on the planet that considers CM Punk the "best wrestler in the world" after that debacle at Wrestlemania. There were some people who felt that after Money in the Bank last summer... but not now.

Heck, there isn't any single person on the planet that considers Davey Richards the "best wrestler in the world" and we came out on the winning end of the best "wrestling" match on Wrestlemania weekend. But that's more due to the predictability of Steen crushing him next month.

That's not the point. The point is the brand makes money.

Business 101

Remember when Cena said if he lost at Mania he was losing everything and it was his life? After he lost he was right out there smiling the next night again. With the slap and pull apart brawl and backstage segment it definitely did feel fresh for his character, but he was same old Cena when he came out for the match with Otunga.

BFIB

My reaction to Raw, summed up:

2el9zjp.gif

UberTag

Remember when Cena said if he lost at Mania he was losing everything and it was his life? After he lost he was right out there smiling the next night again. With the slap and pull apart brawl and backstage segment it definitely did feel fresh for his character, but he was same old Cena when he came out for the match with Otunga.
John lied. He was just shilling the importance of the Mania match 'cause he felt obligated to after the 12-month build.
The outcome ultimately meant nothing to him. Although if there's a rematch I'm sure he'll insist it meant a lot. <smirks>

Punk would have cut a perfectly cromulent promo if either he or Jericho didn't miss a cue, causing Punk's opening rant to go overly long. Anyway, Mania should have been all about BITW and then they could have followed it up with the CM Drunk storyline.

But Davey Richards wasn't even in the Steen/Generico match?

Top Bottom