• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

jmdajr

Yeah I don't get it.

As for me Trips wasn't on the show. Despite the glorious video package I was a little:

15-1.gif

jmdajr

Hey so only Brock has the Jimmy John's logo on the back right?

I'm surprised Vince hasn't thought of having their wrestlers wear sponsored ring wear, Nascar/Boxing style. There is advertisement all over the god damn place.

David Otunga should have a Starbucks coffee mug.

Hmm that's a new game. Pick a wrestler and the product they should sponsor.

Cenar already has Fruity pebbles going.

The Bella twins could have done double mint gum.

Punk should do KFC. There was this one commercial free Raw where he did guest commentary and he couldn't stop looking at the bucket of chicken they had on the announce table.

34yqvb7.jpg

Kaladin

Hey so only Brock has the Jimmy John's logo on the back right?

I'm surprised Vince hasn't thought of having their wrestlers wear sponsored ring wear, Nascar/Boxing style.

David Otunga should have a Starbucks coffee mug.

Hmm that's a new game. Pick a wrestler and the product they should sponsor.

Cenar already has Fruity pebbles going.

The Bella twins could have done double mint gum.

I loled when I saw the Jimmy John's logo. I wonder if Brock has some deal with those companies where he has to advertise them wherever he goes......even if they don't normally do things like that. I could also picture it being a subtle jab at UFC/MMA from Vince.

BFIB

I'm also wondering what is up w/ the JJ's logo on Brock's shirt.

Honestly, I thought it was just an old shirt from his UFC days or something.

He slapped Brock in the face instead of playing Mr. Nice Guy.

So it took 12 months of Rock making Cena his bitch with little to no retaliation on Cena's part, for him to realise "hey, maybe I should actually respond in kind to unwarranted physicality from another wrestler trying to antagonise me". At least his reactions have gone from nonsensical to actually relatable, so I guess that's improvement, of a sort.

Also, how funny was it when Vince was making Cole say stuff like "HOW LEGIT WAS THAT" to remind people wrestling is fake and mma is real? Atleast we might get Ambrose on Smackdown which could be awesome.

Live Smackdowns are always shit, but Smackdown has been shit lately anyway. Daniel Bryan is the only highlight of the show. Ambrose should come out of the crowd and interrupt a Foley promo and cut a promo how he ruined so many wrestlers, killed careers, etc like he did on the youtube video and then lay Foley out, but somehow we probably won't get that.

Kyoufu

Live Smackdowns are always shit, but Smackdown has been shit lately anyway. Daniel Bryan is the only highlight of the show. Ambrose should come out of the crowd and interrupt a Foley promo and cut a promo how he ruined so many wrestlers, killed careers, etc like he did on the youtube video and then lay Foley out, but somehow we probably won't get that.

Vince will make him job to Funkasaurus.

Kaladin

I can only hope they announce Bryan vs Del Rio vs Sheamus at Extreme Rules. I would look forward to that match.

Can you imagine Bryan and Del Rio in a "Yes!"......"Ci!" slugfest?

Kaladin

sixmanrotor.jpg

April 28, 2012 has been established as “Synergy” for several weeks now, the day when Ring of Honor Wrestling & CHIKARA Pro Wrestling unite to put on a one day event featuring two of most unique professional wrestling organizations on the planet. CHIKARA will host the afternoon event dubbed “Hot Off The Griddle” featuring Eddie Kingston defending his Grand Championship against Kevin Steen.

Then ROH will host “Unity”, capped off with the ROH World Tag Titles up for grabs between the champions, Jay & Mark Briscoe, and their challengers, the men who beat The Proving Ground at “Homecoming 2012” on behalf of CHIKARA, Hallowicked & Jigsaw!

And now, in addition to that interpromotional action, ROH & CHIKARA officials have now signed a Trios Match for “Unity” pitting 3 men from ROH against 3…men…from CHIKARA! The bout will be contested under Lucha Rules, meaning no tags are necessary, as soon as one man leaves the ring another man from his team can take up the action, and that could weigh the balance in the favor of the team representing CHIKARA: The Colony! Consisting of Fire Ant, Soldier Ant, and Green Ant, these insectoid grapplers have achieved championship success in CHIKARA with Fire Ant reigning as Young Lions Cup in the past and the duo of Fire & Solider holding the Campeonatos de Parejas as well. This is a unit well versed in Trios wrestling, one who has meshed together quite well for some time now.

On the ROH side of things though it is the exact opposite; although officials have formed a trio quite talented in their own right, none of these men have teamed with each other in the past and that could prove the difference. Former ROH TV Champion Jay Lethal, Adam Cole, and “Technical Lightning” TJ Perkins will team up to represent Ring of Honor that night, and although Perkins holds a victor over Fire Ant at “Showdown in the Sun – Day 2”, one must figure the odds are certainly in the favor of CHIKARA…

“I know the CHIKARA group is the odds on favorite.” said Adam Cole, “The Colony has been a group for awhile, they know each other so well it’s probably like one hive mind, that’s their strongest trait. Jay, TJ, and I…we’ve never done this, we’ve never stood side by side and fought as partners, and we certainly don’t know how one another is thinking. That is the odds on advantage that they have, but what the three of us do know, and know quite well, is how to defy the odds. See, this is about more than the three of us as individuals; this is about representing Ring of Honor, and representing it as winners. That is something we all take seriously and that is what we are bringing to Unity.”

It’s CHIKARA vs. ROH at “Unity” on April 28th! Trios actions usually leads to a bit of insanity so strap yourselves in for some exciting action inside The Frontier Fieldhouse! Jay Lethal, Adam Cole, & TJ Perkins vs. The Colony (Fire Ant, Soldier Ant, & Green Ant)!

Lucha rules in ROH! Really looking forward to these shows. I wish they were iPPV.

Linkified

So it took 12 months of Rock making Cena his bitch with little to no retaliation on Cena's part, for him to realise "hey, maybe I should actually respond in kind to unwarranted physicality from another wrestler trying to antagonise me". At least his reactions have gone from nonsensical to actually relatable, so I guess that's improvement, of a sort.

Hes still smirked though, he needs to go to drama school to work on facial reactions. But still its an improvement right.

Hes still smirked though, he needs to go to drama school to work on facial reactions. But still its an improvement right.

Agreed. Even his locker room interaction with JL was a little different. Much better.

I wish I could send Brock money for legit busting his lip.

Thank you Brock. I love the WWE right now. Even with all its nonsenseicle BS I still love it.

How stupid is it to give Brock vs Cena away on a B level ppv that won't draw? I mean it's great for me as a fan, but spending 5 million on a guy and then having him wrestle on every ppv isn't the best idea.

He's in shape. I think it's just the baggy shirt that is making him look chunkier. If he does have some extra weight he can cut it quick like he did before UFC fights. Love the crazy look Brock gives here

20120409_LARGE_raw_v_cena_brock_R.jpg

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
How stupid is it to give Brock vs Cena away on a B level ppv that won't draw? I mean it's great for me as a fan, but spending 5 million on a guy and then having him wrestle on every ppv isn't the best idea.

It isn't silly if they make Extreme Rules TV14 and have the Cena/Brock fight MMA rules.

The only way it possibly makes sense is if Cena is going away for a while.

It's made even more bizarre by the fact that they have a rare opportunity to make Punk look like a giant fucking deal of a champion after treating his belt like the midcard title ever since the Rumble.

I think in the WWE eyes, they know this might be the last year for PPV as we know it, so they are really trying to hold on to what numbers they have.

I agree this PPV will tank, and this match should not be wasted on this PPV. I have a feeling it will end in a weird WCW way, and we will get a rematch at Summer Slam.

UberTag

The only way it possibly makes sense is if Cena is going away for a while.
Pretty much this. If they're not rolling with a losing streak angle then Cena needs to get taken out of the equation, laid out and put off television from this. Hot shotting it like they are makes no sense otherwise. (Granted, this is 2012 WWE so "making sense" is hardly a priority for them.)

It's made even more bizarre by the fact that they have a rare opportunity to make Punk look like a giant fucking deal of a champion after treating his belt like the midcard title ever since the Rumble.
They still can if they go the above route. Have Brock "take Cena out" for an appreciable amount of time and have CM Punk directly in Brock's sights for Over the Limit in May and No Way Out in June. Then have Punk survive the first encounter.

Unfortunately, the trades seem convinced that CM Punk is going to be transitioned into a feud with Lord Tensai after Extreme Rules. Because having Albert run through a bunch of jobbers and then challenge for the top title in the company the next month makes a whole lot of sense. That approach worked wonders for Sheamus back in 2009 when he won the WWE title off Cena in a tables match after spending the previous month retiring the great Jamie Noble.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Well, Johnny Ace did say that Punk had a "natural disaster" in his future, which leaves either Brock Lesnar (F5) or Lord Tensai (who is named, well, "natural disaster").

Certainly does seem like the latter is the more literal and obvious choice.

UberTag

they really should enact a new rule in the WWE. If you're going to debut a new guy, make sure you do it in a feud. Don't just have him beat up jobbers for weeks. Have him engage in a feud immediately.
But that would require actual... you know... Creative writing. And possibly some promos. That's a lot of work.
Can't we just throw one of our two dozen jobbers at a guy and tell him to get squashed in 3 minutes to build him up? That sounds like a lot less effort.
After all that strat worked great for Mason Ryan, Ezekiel Jackson, Vladimir Koslov and the Funkasaurus... why wouldn't it work for Lord Tensai?

Plus, we can't have a well-developed midcard program taking attention away from Cena... or Johnny Ace... or the announcers... or our comedy schtick... or our retread over-the-hill 50+ year old retired legends.

We should have a pool to guess which retired guy Ziggles loses to tonight. Will it be Hacksaw Jim Duggan? The Rowdy One? Sgt. Slaughter? So many possibilities.

jmdajr

But that would require actual... you know... Creative writing. And possibly some promos. That's a lot of work.
Can't we just throw one of our two dozen jobbers at a guy and tell him to get squashed in 3 minutes to build him up? That sounds like a lot less effort.
After all that strat worked great for Mason Ryan, Ezekiel Jackson, Vladimir Koslov and the Funkasaurus... why wouldn't it work for Lord Tensai?

Hmm.. So when was the last time a new guy debuted without having to resort to murdering jobbers.

How many jobbers did Goldberg beat?

Lunchbox

Banned
He's in shape. I think it's just the baggy shirt that is making him look chunkier. If he does have some extra weight he can cut it quick like he did before UFC fights. Love the crazy look Brock gives here

20120409_LARGE_raw_v_cena_brock_R.jpg

just realized both cena and lesner have the same 2002 era haircut

i had that shit back in middle school like everybody. it was the evolution of the 1999 frosted tips

Punk vs Tensai?

I'm out.

I'm in, a way to avoid those bland squash matches and give Tensai some sort of direction, for me the Jericho feud has run its course, they can wrap it up at Extreme rules.
Jericho can do work with a face mid carder like Kofi to try and pull him up in the ranks afterwards, Punk gets to be in that face underdog position against a more powerful opponent in a battle of his "best in the world" wrestling skills versus the destructive power game of the man who "dominated Japan".

Top Bottom