• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

4 hour sleep and I still feel like shit because of that Smackdown. Maybe other reasons too, but almost certainly just because of Smackdown.

DXqDi.gif

Chopper

Well at least Raw can't be much worse than that. Shame about the lack of Lesnar, but the crowd will be hot, and are sure to give Cena a hard time. I'm on the same side as the cameras. Is it worth me taking signs?

Well at least Raw can't be much worse than that. Shame about the lack of Lesnar, but the crowd will be hot, and are sure to give Cena a hard time. I'm on the same side as the cameras. Is it worth me taking signs?

If it's a taped show the hot crowd won't matter, unfortunately.

Trying to scroll through and read Steiner's twitter makes me dizzy. I'm expecting to stare at that background and begin seeing an image of Big Poppa Pump appear like those books we had in elementary.

It will to me! I'll be posting live notes to accompany your edited version for extra realism.

Yeah, the hot crowd will make it a great time. Hopefully Vince allows us viewers to have some entertainment next week.

Soooo.. i've been a lurker for a long time but i love the wrasslegaf threads. I'd love to start participating in the community since i love following along and all, but this weekend i got bored and drunk and started a random yes chant at a party haha check it out... [u.rl]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urzET0rT3yM&context=C4f896ffADvjVQa1PpcFMIPVDwdqNCunAVgNb51lKW6jYC7Wvqnyg=[/url]

My favorite part is the guy at the beginning just going YEEEEESSSSSSSSSS

hertog

Impact has actually been a decent show. The only problem is they've ruined the roster where I can't care about anything going on. That and Garrett Bischoff. It's always more entertaining than Smackdown atleast.

That's how I feel. I liked it more when it was comical bad. Now it's just there :(
I actually loved Impact in the beginning of the Hogan era. With mr. Anderson/Angle fued, Ric Flair and AJ, Pope getting a push and awesome tag team wrestling.

In a devastating twist my sky box somehow failed to record the last hour of Smackdown for unexplained reasons, maybe in my weakened state after suffering through the first hour I simply turned the box off to save myself or maybe it was divine intervention, either way i've avoided the second half, looking at results and the reaction here it was a disgrace of the highest magnitude.
So if my rating for Raw was shit/10 then Smackdown must get shittier/10.

Save us Wade Barrett.

How can I love a man who yields to authority so easily? in the first segment Mr Excitement has Sheamus apologising after he already apologised, we are far removed from the days of Stone Cold who would do the complete opposite in the same position and be loved for it.
Woah, I want to get behind this guy! he APOLOGISES! What a stand up guy, he's like smirking John Cena and his charitable escapades!
WHAT THE HELL HAVE THEY DONE TO SHEAMUS?!

WWE back in 2000 absolutely decimates the current product, this is irrefutable. If that was terrible then I have to agree with good old cr, there's no way to accurately describe the terror of whatever the hell we are currently subjected to.

Striker

Save us Wade Barrett.
Smackdown should be having guys like Rhodes climbing that ME ladder, too, and look where they jammed him. Then look on RAW, what the hell have they been doing to Dolph Ziggler? They care more about Brodus Clay, Big Show, and Santino. Worse than TNA in many levels.

Just bring Chris Hero up to the main roster already.
They need to bring up lots of guys, and drop the constant squash matches, joke characters, and actually try to string together a competent mid-card and tag division.

Bellas leaving is nothing. Now only if Kelly and Alicia Fox left, too.

sajj316

It was beyond blatant that Sheamus was pushed to be liked last night.

- Sheamus and Mr. Excitement to begin
- Sheamus and Gene O. Who doesn't like Gene?
- Piper segment with D Bry. Get fans behind AJ and not D Bry
- Ending with the old guards raising the hand of their new hope. Sheamus is a throwback. He could be time warped back to the 80s and fit right in

Linkified said:
TNA is what the attitude era was in modern standards - it was shit we are better off Vince saved us, from false finishers and screwjobs within screwjobs.

Yeah, thanks for saving us, Vince. Now we have;

. Orton vs Henry, goes 5 minutes before being interrupted by a Kane promo on the big-screen.
. Ryback - with his addition, there are now 3 debuting characters doing nothing but squash matches.
. Usos vs Kidd/Slater goes less than 3 minutes, with interference from Mick Foley.
. Mixed tag match goes under a minute long.
. Hunico/Camacho beat up by two 60-year old men.
. Main event, featuring a 70 year old backstage interviewer, goes three and a half minutes.

Not even a quarter-hours worth of wrestling in a two hour show. Whatever the Attitude Era was, it wasn't that.

sajj316

Yeah, thanks for saving us, Vince. Now we have;

. Orton vs Henry, goes 5 minutes before being interrupted by a Kane promo on the big-screen.
. Ryback - with his addition, there are now 3 debuting characters doing nothing but squash matches.
. Usos vs Kidd/Slater goes less than 3 minutes, with interference from Mick Foley.
. Mixed tag match goes under a minute long.
. Hunico/Camacho beat up by two 60-year old men.
. Main event, featuring a 70 year old backstage interviewer, goes three and a half minutes.

Not even a quarter-hours worth of wrestling in a two hour show. Whatever the Attitude Era was, it wasn't that.

Are you not entertained?

Smackdown should be having guys like Rhodes climbing that ME ladder, too, and look where they jammed him. Then look on RAW, what the hell have they been doing to Dolph Ziggler? They care more about Brodus Clay, Big Show, and Santino. Worse than TNA in many levels.

At least in the case of Rhodes now he's dropped the IC title he could transition into a feud with Sheamus after extreme rules, here's hoping.
Ziggler (and Swagger) on the other hand, well lets just say the result for them on Raw was kind of harrowing.

as far as bringing up new wrestlers goes, I agree but first they have to boot out a lot of the slot fillers already clogging the roster with no direction, and the sad thing is some of those slot fillers could be something. A tag team division would really go a long way as to giving wrestlers something to do if they end up floundering around the midcard as well as give gimmicks but nope, that isn't happening any time soon.

And when the hell is anything going to happen with the current NXT season?! it should be renamed WWE purgatory

sajj316

I guess the only news coming out of Smackdown is a two out of three falls match with D Bry getting his rematch. He's not going to win but it should be a good match. Hopefully D Bry comes out of it stronger and a threat to Sheamus.

Aiii

So not worth it
Speaking of AJ, a few days ago I made the mistake of via via ending up on AJ's twitter feed, trying to avoid Twitter as much as I can but what the hell.

I found out tons of people on Twitter are actually replying to AJ's messages with "advice" on how she should dump/get over Bryan and how she's worth more then that blabla.

Seriously, it amazed me how many people actually act like IT'S STILL REAL TO THEM DAMNIT!

How? Surely with the product the way it is and numerous breaking of the 4th wall over the past years even those last few figured out this shit is staged.

I should just not go on Twitter, nothing good can come of it.

Speaking of AJ, a few days ago I made the mistake of via via ending up on AJ's twitter feed, trying to avoid Twitter as much as I can but what the hell.

I found out tons of people on Twitter are actually replying to AJ's messages with "advice" on how she should dump/get over Bryan and how she's worth more then that blabla.

Seriously, it amazed me how many people actually act like IT'S STILL REAL TO THEM DAMNIT!

How? Surely with the product the way it is and numerous breaking of the 4th wall over the past years even those last few figured out this shit is staged.

I should just not go on Twitter, nothing good can come of it.

Love is real!

It's not his fault, but the gimmick and his lack of losing is really terrible.

I don't think he carries the character very well either. He's not that charismatic and can't really dance. His big guy dancing does boil down to a big guy dancing. I'm assuming they don't let him talk for a reason. Have you ever seen his stuff in the "Backstage fallout" video? It's fairly terrible. It's like he, and I'm assuming creative, have no clue what his personality is actually supposed to be.
(he's the first part of this video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMu3McAQuSc&list=PL79B51ACE90EA3AAE&index=9&feature=plpp_video

How can I love a man who yields to authority so easily? in the first segment Mr Excitement has Sheamus apologising after he already apologised, we are far removed from the days of Stone Cold who would do the complete opposite in the same position and be loved for it.
Woah, I want to get behind this guy! he APOLOGISES! What a stand up guy, he's like smirking John Cena and his charitable escapades!
WHAT THE HELL HAVE THEY DONE TO SHEAMUS?!

Hustle
Loyalty
Respect?

So when is del rio's title shot? I must have snoozed and missed the announcement.

Chicago audience is going to be pretty fun for the shemus-bryan match.

Aiii

So not worth it
Lets hope his title shot is never. Aside from the fact that Del Rio's character is just a terrible rehash of two already terribly lazy gimmick's: rich boy/evil non-US person, why does he get a title shot over people that have actually been wrestling over the past few months?

At least spend some time building the guy as a legitimate contender before you make him #1 contendor.

Ah, who am I kidding, this championship which was build up so well after WM27 with only a few but very legitimate champions did change hands in 18 seconds. I think the replica belt is worth more as far as status goes atm.

But at least generic big ginger guy looks good when the kids cheer him (and the rest of the crowd chant for Bryan).

[/rant]

jmdajr

Wait what? I thought everyone loved those.(in reference to yes chants)

Can you believe not everyone agrees on the same thing? It's true. Like for example can you believe not everyone likes Triple H? Absurd right! Well what can you do.

Anyhow, the internet community always thinks the current wrestling generation is the worst. They were not even happy during the attitude era.
Just enjoy the parts you enjoy, and try not to get too upset about the rest.

Lets hope his title shot is never. Aside from the fact that Del Rio's character is just a terrible rehash of two already terribly lazy rich boy/evil non-US person, why does he get a title shot over people that have actually been wrestling over the past few months?

At least spend some time building the guy as a legitimate contender before you make him #1 contendor.

Ah, who am I kidding, this championship which was build up so well after WM28 with only a few but very legitimate champions did change hands in 18 seconds. I think the replica belt is worth more as far as status goes atm.

But at least generic big ginger guy looks good when the kids cheer him (and the rest of the crowd chant for Bryan).

[/rant]

I'm not interested in seeing the match, I'm just worried it'll be after extreme rules and make the outcome obvious.

Can you believe not everyone agrees on the same thing? It's true. Like for example can you believe not everyone likes Triple H? Absurd right! Well what can you do.

To be fair, they can disagree but the people who don't like the yes chants are completely and utterly wrong.

Top Bottom