• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

Making my debut as a manager in a local group next week. I'll be managing a guy named B-Rabbit who's a greasy long haired guy in black. Pretty sure I'm going full easter and throwing jelly beans and other easter stuff at the crowd to piss them off. I'm very excited.

You need the old bunny ears headband and somebody has paint whiskers on you. Have fun dude, I am looking forward to video/pics!

RBH

--Dixie Carter spoke with us earlier today saying there would be a lot of changes in the next few weeks as far as the presentation of the shows after her meetings yesterday with Spike TV. She wasn't specific, only saying it would play out soon and would include format changes and new elements to the show. She said the company is making a very conscious decision to focus now on young talent.
http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-...-talks-going-to-wwe-wwe-does-angle-last-night

G-Fex

But the memory REMAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNSSSSSSS

lmk5x.gif

ITS ALL ABOUT CARD CLIQUE NOW!

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Does Scott Steiner still work for TNA? He's been going off on twitter lately. At least, I think he has been. His tweets don't make a ton of sense.

LOL they announce "Change" every couple of months. I hope they go back to Monday Nights http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH1xm2fOXD4

Remember that huge change Dixie kept hyping for months on twitter and then nothing happened last summer? Remember Wrestling Matters campaign that kicked off with an Impact that had about 15 minutes of wrestling total on it? Remember the rebranding to Impact Wrestling with all the blue coloring? Those 3 are just in the last year.

Does Scott Steiner still work for TNA? He's been going off on twitter lately. At least, I think he has been. His tweets don't make a ton of sense.
He was released a few weeks ago, that's why he's been ranting.

His tweets are hard to understand, but they're 100% the truth.

Also, the idea of Steiner in ROH is amazing.

Remember that huge change Dixie kept hyping for months on twitter and then nothing happened last summer? Remember Wrestling Matters campaign that kicked off with an Impact that had about 15 minutes of wrestling total on it? Remember the rebranding to Impact Wrestling with all the blue coloring? Those 3 are just in the last year.
But why would they need to rebrand? TNA at an all time high in terms of audience./Bischoff

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Steiner tweeted that TNA made Abyss take off his mask, cut his hair, shave and then claim to be Abyss's brother. That isn't true... is it? I mean... really?

The Impact Wrestling thing is the worst. It confuses everybody even the commentary team doesn't know what the actual name of the product is anymore

Kaladin

I'm actually looking forward to Impact this week. Austin Aries vs Christopher Daniels and Bully Ray vs AJ Styles should be good matches.

RBH

Another thing that bothers me about TNA is that they've been so damn complacent over the past 4-5 years despite their ratings remaining the same (1.0-1.1) along with declining PPV buyrates. There's no sense of urgency to improve matters, and any "attempt" at fixing that company usually consists of relying on the past (Russo, Hogan, Bischoff, etc.).

Say what you want about Vince McMahon, but he wouldn't stand for that type of shit and would at least try to change things up when his back is against the wall.

Another thing that bothers me about TNA is that they've been so damn complacent over the past 4-5 years despite their ratings remaining the same (1.0-1.1) along with declining PPV buyrates. There's no sense of urgency to improve matters, and any "attempt" at fixing that company usually consists of relying on the past (Russo, Hogan, Bischoff, etc.).

Say what you want about Vince, but he doesn't stand for that type of shit and at least tries to change things up when his back is against the wall.

Well everyone Dixie listens to is telling her ppv is dead and she shouldn't be doing them. Ruso and now Hogan/Bischoff don't believe in ppv. The blue Impact wrestling set makes me feel sleepy when I watch Impact.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

Say what you want about Vince McMahon, but he wouldn't stand for that type of shit and would at least try to change things up when his back is against the wall.
Are you kidding? The WWE wishes they could get their ratings to stay consistent. They've been going down for years, and haven't changed shit!

Kyoufu

Vince thinks he has no competition, therefore he doesn't give a shit.

RBH

He hasn't tried for the last 10 years.

That's because he has no competition. :)

I know that people chastise Vince for being reactionary at times when it comes to ratings and buyrates, but I just wish Dixie was a bit like that as well so that TNA wouldn't be the same mediocre mess it's been for 4-5 years now.

Are you kidding? The WWE wishes they could get their ratings to stay consistent. They've been going down for years, and haven't changed shit!

No reason to change really who's gonna challenge him ROH, TNA, Japan, Mexico? Vince laughs at these people. He's pretty much getting all his life goals done at this point. That's why he made WWE Films and making the Network.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Why are there so many ads on American TV?

No wonder WWE always does the 'Moments Ago' stuff... by the time the ads are finished people have forgotten what even happened on the show.

Top Bottom