• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

SoulPlaya

more money than God
First ever successful wedding in wrestling?
Kane_Lita_Wedding.jpg

I have not watched TNA since they changed to the 4 sided ring....the six sided ring was what attracted it to me weirdly haha.

What channel is it on in the UK now? might give it another shot :)

Bravo TNA! That is how you shoot a promo video. I hope they can keep this up because while it still isnt great more shows like this would make TNA worth watching.

We require video.
Hoping I get some. I'll try to get someone to record it.

Between this and "magician luchadore" you should just go work for the WWE coming up with rad gimmicks.
If only I had the same skill they have with naming FCW guys.

Try to get a pastel coloured suit if possible.
I'm thinking pastel shirt and a camel hair jacket and then flinging easter grass and unpackaged candy at the crowd.

You need the old bunny ears headband and somebody has paint whiskers on you. Have fun dude, I am looking forward to video/pics!
Thanks man, I do like that as an idea down the road.

Anyone have that Austin Aries spin with the win gif handy?

Also, who's getting the Evolve show tomorrow?

Impact thoughts from a TNA newb: They desperately need to go on the road, I dont know the history but the Roode vs. Storm feud seems to be pretty good. The Girls in TNA are actually pretty fun to watch compared to the WWE divas division. Bischoff, Flair and Hogan are Ok in limited doses like tonight. As long as Hulk is limited to a segment or two per week than he could actually be an asset, just dont wrestle! Ric Flair looks like shit, he should be retired in style and it is sad to see him like this. Aries is very impressive. Maybe because of the quality of Raw and Smackdown this week my judgement is off but I enjoyed that show. Some good wrestling, hot chicks in lingerie and a main event fued that actually seems believable unlike smirking John Cena. If I were Dixie Carter I would fire Flair and Hogan and use that money to hire Jim Ross. Mike Tenay sucks and having someone like Ross call the action would do nothing but enhance the atmosphere and make the talent seem like a bigger deal. Seriously, Vince treats him like shit and I am sure he would love to make a shit ton of money. If they could consistently put on decent shows like tonight, get on the road on a regular basis, and trim the geriatric fat they could have a chance considering Vince just dosent give a shit about putting out a good product. I am actually pulling for TNA to do well so at the very least Vince will pull his head out of his ass and get serious about the product again. Lockdown looks like a decent card, especially knowing that Hardy and Angle will do some really crazy shit in a cage match. Besides the wedding segment I must say I was entertained.

Impact thoughts from a TNA newb: They desperately need to go on the road, I dont know the history but the Roode vs. Storm feud seems to be pretty good. The Girls in TNA are actually pretty fun to watch compared to the WWE divas division. Bischoff, Flair and Hogan are Ok in limited doses like tonight. As long as Hulk is limited to a segment or two per week than he could actually be an asset, just dont wrestle! Ric Flair looks like shit, he should be retired in style and it is sad to see him like this. Aries is very impressive. Maybe because of the quality of Raw and Smackdown this week my judgement is off but I enjoyed that show. Some good wrestling, hot chicks in lingerie and a main event fued that actually seems believable unlike smirking John Cena. If I were Dixie Carter I would fire Flair and Hogan and use that money to hire Jim Ross. Mike Tenay sucks and having someone like Ross call the action would do nothing but enhance the atmosphere and make the talent seem like a bigger deal. Seriously, Vince treats him like shit and I am sure he would love to make a shit ton of money. If they could consistently put on decent shows like tonight, get on the road on a regular basis, and trim the geriatric fat they could have a chance considering Vince just dosent give a shit about putting out a good product. I am actually pulling for TNA to do well so at the very least Vince will pull his head out of his ass and get serious about the product again. Lockdown looks like a decent card, especially knowing that Hardy and Angle will do some really crazy shit in a cage match. Besides the wedding segment I must say I was entertained.

Yeah, a good show. Agree that they need to get out of Impact Zone and take tapings on the road every week, but that increases cost alot. They were also in talks to bring in Jim Ross at one point too a couple of years ago, but that fell through. I'd say Tazz is more the problem than Tenay right now, but they are both horrible. They just don't give a shit about the product anymore and you can tell. Jeremy Borash and Don West would be a great team on commentary or Borash and Bischoff as heel color.

Toki767

I'm willing to bet that Vince pays JR more money now basically staying at home and doing the occasional DVD/TV show than what he would make at TNA.

The rest is pretty spot on though.

That was sweet in a way. They actually made it through the wedding and stayed together. Plus Sarita and Rosita in lingerie YES! YES! YES!

The whole scene was kind of embarrassing, but I'm somewhat relieved that it ended there, rather than devolving even further into soap opera theatrics.

Aside from that segment, I'd say that TNA was tolerable, good even. It's still hamstrung by this weird Bischoff feud, but it'll be better after that's over, I guess. I just wish that TNA could stay at this level.

By the way, what was the theme that was playing during Rosita and Sarita's strip show? It sounds familiar, but I can't put my finger on it.

Ydahs

I have to give credit to TNA, as their buildup for Storm vs. Roode has been excellent.

I'm a few weeks behind on Impact, but there was a really awesome video package on Impact following the last PPV showing their early careers with TNA and how they progressed. TNA deserves credit for turning two tag team wrestlers into legit champions, especially after many were wondering if it was a wise move splitting the best tag team they had.

TNA has posted the opening to Lockdown highlighting Storm vs Roode. http://youtu.be/eSSdNrshgSE

Lockdown seems to have a pretty strong card.

Roode vs Storm for World Title
MCMG vs Joe and Magnus
Angle vs Hardy
Team Bischoff vs Team Bischoff(loser gone from TNA)
Gail Kim vs Velvet Sky
Robbie E vs Devon for TV Title
Morgan vs Crimson

ALL MATCHES TAKE PLACE INSIDE A STEEL CAGE!

Roode vs Storm, Angle vs Hardy, MCMG vs Joe and Magnus, and Team Bischoff vs Team Bischoff should all be great. Angle and Hardy always try to kill themselves inside a cage. Plus, it's in Nashville so the crowd should be hot.

Wow, this Impact is pretty good so far. Even the goofy Eric Young/ODB wedding was watchable, which is more than I can say regarding most WWE skits.

It almost makes me want to buy Lockdown.

Top Bottom