• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

uclV0.gif

sajj316

That Roode and Storm promo ... Good Lord! One promo just outdid a year long campaign by The Rock and Cena. Hogan thinks Roode doesn't have the "it" factor? I like the long term booking of this feud going all the way back to Bound for Glory.

DKehoe

Speaking of Taker

I would really love to see the real facts around this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUpEumldhTs&feature=related

Takers way to old now to have a MMA fight imo but i think maybe WWE may play on this in the near future...probrably a send of for Brock and Taker at next WM

Could be a fatal 4 way between Taker/HHH/Brock/Kane...losers retire match

If I remember right WWE was wanting Brock to do Wrestlemania that year, Brock was open to it because of the money he'd get but UFC shot it down. I think they were just "shooting an angle" to create some buzz.

WCW April 2000 is so bad.

Vince Russo and Eric Bischoff return... together. Strip everyone of the titles. Its just odd... yet interesting.

Actually. Haven watched all of that Monday Night Nitro now... I actually enjoyed it! Seemed like a great idea, if a little backwards (New Blood = Heels, Old Timers = Faces?!). Still, that was way better than the aimless crap I've watched between December-March.

when at work an the charity shop earlier I couldn't help but notice the old toy WWF tron in the back that played music with certain wrestling figures that had tagged feet, what's great about this aside from the nostalgia blast is that it features such big 1999 stars as Austin, Rock, Mankind, Taker, Kane and.....Gangrel, guess they must really like his entrance theme. There was also the Smackdown Ovaltron stage, I miss that stage, sure it's no SD fist but what is?

Oh and by WWE logic you must cheer for me because charity work makes me a cena style hero, where's my video package? step aside Cena with your make a wish antics, your time is up my time is now!
I do it because I can't get a paid job...

Aiii

So not worth it
when at work an the charity shop earlier I couldn't help but notice the old toy WWF tron in the back that played music with certain wrestling figures that had tagged feet, what's great about this aside from the nostalgia blast is that it features such big 1999 stars as Austin, Rock, Mankind, Taker, Kane and.....Gangrel, guess they must really like his entrance theme. There was also the Smackdown Ovaltron stage, I miss that stage, sure it's no SD fist but what is?

Oh and by WWE logic you must cheer for me because charity work makes me a cena style hero, where's my video package? step aside Cena with your make a wish antics, your time is up my time is now!

That's okay, D-Bry is
only a vegan because he has some freaky immune-system and his doctor told him to.

I love how Peta still celebrates him, even though he admits he'd love to just eat meat. :D

Linkified

Actually that would make you a tweener by WWE standards.

That's okay, D-Bry is
only a vegan because he has some freaky immune-system and his doctor told him to.

I love how Peta still celebrates him, even though he admits he'd love to just eat meat. :D
Huh, really? Cole seems that much more villainous now with the whole "he doesn't even eat meat! what a goof!"

also I feel the need to add to my previous post, upon discovering the toy wwf titantrons the radio suddenly blared out with
Ohhhhhh, sometimes
I get a good feeling, yeah

How convenient.

Good morning!
Wake yourself up with a Otunga inspired thermos of coffee.

Actually that would make you a tweener by WWE standards.
I'll take it, clinging onto my last shred of personality before the face turn consumes them

Aiii

So not worth it
Actually, not a freaky immune-system:
Bryan noted one reason why he became a vegan was due to health issues that were discovered during a pre-WWE physical exam, which revealed high cholesterol and elevated liver enzymes.

“I had always eaten pretty well, lots of vegetables and lean meats,” he said. “But then, all of a sudden, I had all of these issues. One of the best things to take care of that, my doctor told me, was to become a vegan."

But yeah, he admitted that he would eat a burger if he could.

jmdajr

Actually, not a freaky immune-system:

But yeah, he admitted that he would eat a burger if he could.

Hmmm. That's got to be tough. Most vegans do it out of choice (obviously). I mean I guess he could have still continued to eat like he was, but would have to face consequences.

Aiii

So not worth it
I counted yesterday, there are at least 10 women in the WWE atm that can work a decent to great match. All WWE would need to do is ditch the whole "diva" thing and make an actual women division like TNA has, with actual wrestling storylines and 5-10 minute matches on Raw/Smackdown and their women would be over just as hot with the crowd as the women were during that time.

But noooooooooooooooo, that would take away from the Kelly Kelly pics.

Just bring back the Nitro Girls so the women wrestlers can actually wrestle.

I was more amazed that they've actually stayed consistent on that.

One can only hope Lockdown isn't gonna be a disaster. (Odds are, it will be.)

I have faith that Lockdown will be a good show. The last ppv was actually good as well. They've improved without Russo alot in that aspect.

I counted yesterday, there are at least 10 women in the WWE atm that can work a decent to great match. All WWE would need to do is ditch the whole "diva" thing and make an actual women division like TNA has, with actual wrestling storylines and 5-10 minute matches on Raw/Smackdown and their women would be over just as hot with the crowd as the women were during that time.

But noooooooooooooooo, that would take away from the Kelly Kelly pics.

Just bring back the Nitro Girls so the women wrestlers can actually wrestle.

or hell, just have more managers and valets.

Good as well.

But just have AJ do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1AAFsLqXZU

Cole can also yell The Octopus 20 times, I'd even enjoy that. Anything better then yet another suprise role-up 30 second win.

another video proving that Cole, while he'll never be JR, can be good. i don't hate Kelly Kelly personally. one reason she works with Beth Pheonix is because Kelly can take a bump. i'd happily see her in a valet role so long as she got to bump :)

note, i didn't say 'works well with Beth Pheonix'.

i've always appreciated the attractive skinny little things that can take a bump. they're very useful in storylines. obviously, if they can wrestle too like AJ, even better.

krae_man

So a friend gave me a pack of WWE 2011 Topps trading cards. One of the cards is Dolph Zigglers and he has his short brown hair on it. He had that hair for like a week and that's when they take the picture? WTF!

Jamie OD

Vince Russo and Eric Bischoff return... together. Strip everyone of the titles. Its just odd... yet interesting.

Russo loves to press the reset button. WWE considered bringing him back in 2002 and the first idea he gave them was to vacate all the titles, among other crazy things. In the end they decided not to bring him back.

Russo loves to press the reset button. WWE considered bringing him back in 2002 and the first idea he gave them was to vacate all the titles, among other crazy things. In the end they decided not to bring him back.

Russo said after that they offered him 6 figures to sit at home and just watch the show and send in feedback and he turned it down. He also said when he went back he hated the fact that when he went into the production meeting there were 10-15 writers in there, whereas before it was just him and Ferrara writing the show with Vince giving final feedback. He didn't want to be part of that scenario.

In 2012, McMahon filtering Russo is the worst thing imaginable. It is a filter constructed of shit trying to filter pure shit. It will not work.

Neither Russo, McMahon, or Bishoff have what it takes to turn things around anymore.

I think Heyman has the right ideas, and could generate interest again - although I feel the best hope WWE or TNA has is to find a brand new unknown guy with a vision - and back him.

thefro

When Kevin Nash gets the book in the summer is when WCW really got killed.

Didn't he suggest the draft and a few other things that they ended up doing a few months later?

Aiii

So not worth it
6. AJ Lee defeated Natalya. Lots of Yes! chants for AJ. Natty played heel for this one. Okay match but Hornswoggle being there meant it was comedy match of the night. The kids love him though. AJ won after she crawled behind Natty and Hornswoggle pushed her over for the 3 count.

This Raw is gonna be good. Unless WWE uses their magic crowd-piping button.

Top Bottom