• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

DMczaf

We're supposed to hate Ryback right?

Legit question btw, I'm unclear what WWE's aim is with this angle.

2012-04-18-ryback.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
I can't for the life of me picture him as a face.

He goes out, destroys these innocent looking guys that finally caught a break and talk about how awesome it is to be there and what not. Then they get killed by this guy with a downright insane stare in his eyes.

I mean, if they're trying to make him like Goldberg they're failing really hard. Goldberg just came out, faced a guy, walked to the back and every week they would add 5 or 6 to his streakcount untill the crowd took notice.

jmdajr

All of you leaving WrassleGAF are no better than The Rock. You get big in this thread, and then your ego thinks you can venture off and do bigger things.

Yet they always come back and try to hog the spotlight from the members who, day in and day out, work hard to make WrassleGAF the place you see today. And those are the members I respect. The members who, no matter how shitty wrestling gets, will still post here and support one and another.

BW8XP.gif

wrestlers-10.jpg

jmdajr

I love Tara so much. I wish we could be together. I would make her so happy. I would really try to make it work. I wouldn't be a push over, but I would spend my life trying to make her happy.

*sigh*

I have dreamt the undreamable. I have seen what can't be seen. As I close my eyes tonight I will see you in my dreams.

Good night Tara.

How'd the dreams work out? Looks outstanding for being 41 years. Well any years really...

Ultratech

This shit makes no sense. They encourage it on one show and then stop it on the next, encourage it on the one after that, then stop it on the next. Like they are trying to fuck with the guy on purpose.

Vince must truly be crazy. But yeah, that doesn't even make sense to show everyone cheering for him, then edit out the noise. WTF?

The reactions really make the photo here. Needs subtitles.

Well that just looks stupid. The audience is obviously going crazy for D.Bry. Why cut to the crowd shots of people chanting YES! if you're just gonna dub it out.

I can't wait until Chicago next Sunday.

No, no, it's the drunken warbling of the English, you see they go into pubs before the show which means they are almost certainly having a pint like CM Punk. So what you are seeing here is a bunch of merry people making strange slurred sounds hence why it looks as if there are people chanting yes being dubbed over with booing. You can trust me on this, i'm English.

*shakes DMczaf's hand*

Liquid if I ever see you talking about my wife Tara again ill mind crush you into Oblivion.

Long live the Card Clique, Roll Call! G-Fex the King of Clubs.

And yes were supposed to hate Ryback? But who loves Alex Riley? My guess is professor Beef.

Since I respect you *shakes G-Fex's hand*

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I'd guess that whoever is editing doesn't actually care or thinks it's dumb, and when Vince said "edit out the yes chants and put boos" the guy didn't even bother changing the crowd.

Damnit they raised front row Slammiversary tickets to $175. Kind of hesitant now. They go on sale in 15 minutes. The 2nd row is $50 cheaper.

My D.Bry shirt has finally shipped. Soon I will be a part of the "YES! YES! YES!" Illuminati.

You must be out of your damn mind, if you think that's true. Bryan will NEVER be the next SCSA.

Bryan has already surpassed Cone Stold. Austin wishes he was half as over as that guy.

Nobody can be the next anything with their shitty booking, controlled crowd reactions, and scripted promos. I guess maybe the next Dolph Ziggler or Alberto Del Rio?

BFIB

Vince had no choice but to push the SCSA and the Rocks of the world back in the attitude era. Mainly because they had to do anything to try and get back ahead of WCW. Amazing how listening to the fans got that accomplished, and now its back to square one.

Dubbing out DBryan's YES! chants, just to ensure he's a heel, its a pretty shitty way of running things.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Will he reach that level in the end? Maybe not. But the crowd insisting on cheering SCSA regardless is exactly how that got started.
Like Dream said, they like chanting "Yes!" Nothing more. Austin had mainstream appeal. Bryan doesn't.

DBryan won't even be the next Kane
Wouldn't it be amazing if on the day Kane retires, he gives Bryan the mask, and all of a sudden, Bryan now has fire powers? I would love it. It may actually convince me to keep watching.

Someone reserved all the hard camera seats for Slammiversary already. One just popped open front row blind camera side. This is where Aries usually dives onto the opponents into the guardrail.

Well got my Slammiversary ticket. Gonna be front row. Won't be on camera much, but it's like right in front of the ring. Hope they have a nice card with alot of surprises.

DMczaf

Actor Sean Hayes who plays Larry in the new Three Stooges movie appeared on Conan this past week. During his appearance on the late night show, he talked about being on WWE RAW a few weeks ago in his Three Stooges character and said he was embarassed to be on RAW. He said he would never attend a WWE event.

vince-mcmahon-272x300.jpg

CM Punk on twitter

"@CMPunk

Holy crap, so the douche who's playing Larry in the stooges movie says he was embarrassed to be on raw? But he's in the stooges movie?!!??"

Is it really any surprise though? These guys don't give a shit about being on Raw. The movie studio pays WWE money to hype their latest piece of shit movie(you can tell what they think of wrestling fans by the shit they try to market to them) and they force the actors to go on to do press.

RBH

New WWE titles now available on Netflix streaming:

StoneCold-TheBottomLineDVD.jpg

WWE Stone Cold Steve Austin: The Bottom Line On The Most Popular Superstar Of All Time

51vQTHSHhUL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

WWE's Greatest Rivalries - Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart

WWE1323-other.jpg

WWE: The Best of King of the Ring

51JujAyIBVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The Rock: The Epic Journey of Dwayne Johnson

OrtonDVDcover.jpg

Randy Orton: The Evolution Of A Predator

51G9ypNAjDL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

WWE: The Ladder Match 2 - Crash and Burn

CM Punk on twitter

"@CMPunk

Holy crap, so the douche who's playing Larry in the stooges movie says he was embarrassed to be on raw? But he's in the stooges movie?!!??"

Took the words out of my mouth. I also find it hard to believe that the guy who, for eight years, played a gay stereotype to such extremes it would make the Queer As Folk cast blush has any dignity left.

Tickets seem to be selling well for Slammiversary. I lucked out on getting my front row ticket. It was showing not available, but I guess the person didn't buy it in time so it showed up after the 5 minute windows. Wonder what chants I can get started?

Took the words out of my mouth. I also find it hard to believe that the guy who, for eight years, played a gay stereotype to such extremes it would make the Queer As Folk cast blush has any dignity left.

I find it funny that people will attack HIM for those comments despite the WWE bringing it upon themselves. How he feels isn't rare, that's the mainstream perception of wrestling as portrayed by the WWE. It's a joke show. I've had enough discussions with people to understand that wrestling is placed in the same group of "garbage TV" as reality shows and Jerry Springer.

So yeah, when someone playing one of the 3 Stooges, in 2012, can say something like that (and absolutely no backlash will come of it), maybe Punk should be directing his feelings up the food chain to make it better instead of talking about that clown on Twitter.

jmdajr

I find it funny that people will attack HIM for those comments despite the WWE bringing it upon themselves. How he feels isn't rare, that's the mainstream perception of wrestling as portrayed by the WWE. It's a joke show. I've had enough discussions with people to understand that wrestling is placed in the same group of "garbage TV" as reality shows and Jerry Springer.

So yeah, when someone playing one of the 3 Stooges, in 2012, can say something like that (and absolutely no backlash will come of it), maybe Punk should be directing his feelings up the food the chain to make it better instead of talking about that clown on Twitter.

So are you leaving Wrassle gaf too? Are you embarrassed to be here?

So are you leaving Wrassle gaf too? Are you embarrassed to be here?

Pfffffffft, no. If I cared what people thought I'd have stopped watching this stuff in like 2004.

I'm just sayin, let's keep some perspective. Wrestling ain't "cool" except for the 1 day of the year when casuals decide it is. Ironic that a lot of you guys crap on anime when wrestling is YOUR anime.

jmdajr

Pfffffffft, no. If I cared what people thought I'd have stopped watching this stuff in like 2004.

I'm just sayin, let's keep some perspective. Wrestling ain't "cool" except for the 1 day of the year when casuals decide it is.

They guy could have at least been a good sport about it. He's acting like everyone, fans and talent included, is beneath him. Not cool in my book.
Other stars don't act like that. Whatever, I'm not giving him a pass.

note: I have NEVER crapped on Anime.

Top Bottom