• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

Pfffffffft, no. If I cared what people thought I'd have stopped watching this stuff in like 2004.

I'm just sayin, let's keep some perspective. Wrestling ain't "cool" except for the 1 day of the year when casuals decide it is. Ironic that a lot of you guys crap on anime when wrestling is YOUR anime.

Are you making fun of my waifu?

MAXINE AND I WILL HAVE NONE OF THIS.

I find it funny that people will attack HIM for those comments despite the WWE bringing it upon themselves. How he feels isn't rare, that's the mainstream perception of wrestling as portrayed by the WWE. It's a joke show. I've had enough discussions with people to understand that wrestling is placed in the same group of "garbage TV" as reality shows and Jerry Springer.

So yeah, when someone playing one of the 3 Stooges, in 2012, can say something like that (and absolutely no backlash will come of it), maybe Punk should be directing his feelings up the food chain to make it better instead of talking about that clown on Twitter.

Wrestling is actually below Jerry Springer. You can make fun of something on Jerry Springer or Maury Povich or whatever and people don't look at you crazy like if you say you watch wrestling. These same people that look at you crazy are the ones that watch Real Housewives of Atlanta or Basketball Wives though. That's why I never mention I'm a wrestling fan to someone unless they say it first.

They guy could have at least been a good sport about it. He's acting like everyone, fans and talent included, is beneath him. Not cool in my book.
Other stars don't act like that. Whatever, I'm not giving him a pass.

Well sure, he could've kept it to himself, as I'm sure every host except Shaq and Hugh Jackson has had to do, but if I'm part of the company, I'm more worried about the fact that he freely talks down about the product without a backlash, period. That fact that it's publicly accepted to poo poo on wrestling is way more worrying than WHO said it.

Wrestling is actually below Jerry Springer. You can make fun of something on Jerry Springer or Maury Povich or whatever and people don't look at you crazy like if you say you watch wrestling. These same people that look at you crazy are the ones that watch Real Housewives of Atlanta or Basketball Wives though. That's why I never mention I'm a wrestling fan to someone unless they say it first.

Exactly. There's a terrible stigma attached to being a wrestling fan in mainstream circles.

I'd say CM Punk was hand waving on about the same level of mocking as Hayes was. I was talking about this hyperbolic shit which, incidentally you posted:
Actor Sean Hayes who plays Larry in the new Three Stooges movie appeared on Conan this past week. During his appearance on the late night show, he talked about being on WWE RAW a few weeks ago in his Three Stooges character and said he was embarassed to be on RAW. He said he would never attend a WWE event.

PREACH IT BOBO.

jmdajr

Sad reality of the situation. All I can really do is say I watch it because I find it fun and that it's ok for people not be so serious all the time.

why the hell?

they didn't play them down on RAW. hell, Lawler pointed out that he was getting cheered. they won't be able to play them down next weekend... so why show the crowd going nuts for D Bry, and pipe in boos for him?

is it because Shamus wasn't around him on RAW?

whatever it is, the only way to stop this any time soon is to not put D Bry on PPVs and RAW. which they clearly aren't going to do.

Sad reality of the situation. All I can really do is say I watch it because I find it fun and that it's ok for people not be so serious all the time.

If you're cool with it, that's fine. So am I.

But don't be fooled by the loving embrace of WrassleGAF. This stuff ain't hip, you jive turkey. You wanna watch a more acceptable form of sports entertainment, YOU WATCH SOME UFC DAMN IT. YEAH, THEY'RE ANIMALS FIGHTING IN CAGES, BUT PEOPLE ARE MORE COMFORTABLE WITH THAT, BRO.

Exactly. There's a terrible stigma attached to being a wrestling fan in mainstream circles.

Yet those same 'mainstream circle' people will gladly watch the most vapid and inane 'reality' programming TV has to offer, and then expect everyone to be just as interested in it as they are - at least wrestling fans have the decency to keep their fandom to themselves.

DMczaf

9ygjC.jpg

Wait, when did he get a hair pick?

Vince...

Yet those same 'mainstream circle' people will gladly watch the most vapid and inane 'reality' programming TV has to offer, and then expect everyone to be just as interested in it as they are - at least wrestling fans have the decency to keep their fandom to themselves.

I don't get it either, but it is what it is. People are dumb.

jmdajr

If you're cool with it, that's fine. So am I.

But don't be fooled by the loving embrace of WrassleGAF. This stuff ain't hip, you jive turkey. You wanna watch a more acceptable form of sports entertainment, YOU WATCH SOME UFC DAMN IT. YEAH, THEY'RE ANIMALS FIGHTING IN CAGES, BUT PEOPLE ARE MORE COMFORTABLE WITH THAT, BRO.

Oh I'm very aware. I was in that Brock Lesnar thread. I thought our fellow Gaf nerds would be more respectful but it was far from the truth.

Bowser

why the hell?

they didn't play them down on RAW. hell, Lawler pointed out that he was getting cheered. they won't be able to play them down next weekend... so why show the crowd going nuts for D Bry, and pipe in boos for him?

is it because Shamus wasn't around him on RAW?

whatever it is, the only way to stop this any time soon is to not put D Bry on PPVs and RAW. which they clearly aren't going to do.

vince-mcmahon-272x300.jpg

Hyped for Slammiversary. Gonna be first time I'm front row at a huge wrestling event like this. Hope they put on a great card. Wonder if anyone new will be in TNA by then? Maybe John Morrison?

Remember, it's TNA.

Yeah I know, but as long as I get some decent matches, surprises, and get to see Flair, Sting, Hogan, and Angle I'll be happy. At this point no clue what the lineup is going to be. They'll put on a good show in front of Panda Energy execs. Dixie Carter's family will be there.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Yeah I know, but as long as I get some decent matches, surprises, and get to see Flair, Sting, Hogan, and Angle I'll be happy. At this point no clue what the lineup is going to be. They'll put on a good show in front of Panda Energy execs. Dixie Carter's family will be there.

Should hook up with Dixie Carter imo.

<insert liquidsnakeavatar>

Kaladin

Don't forget to wash your hand after shaking Dixie's. You don't know where it has been.

jmdajr

Hyped for Slammiversary. Gonna be first time I'm front row at a huge wrestling event like this. Hope they put on a great card. Wonder if anyone new will be in TNA by then? Maybe John Morrison?

Pretty cool man. Hope you enjoy the show. I hope the Lucha Libre USA gig I'm going to tonight is fun.

Kaladin

Regardless of what kind of show you see, it is always awesome to be front row, especially if you can get some kind of reaction out of the wrestlers as they walk and/or fight near you.

Edit: Actually, I take that back: you might not want to be front row for a CZW show where you could be dodging shards of broken glass, have wrestlers bleed on you or have to be on the look out for other flying objects.

Regardless of what kind of show you see, it is always awesome to be front row, especially if you can get some kind of reaction out of the wrestlers as they walk and/or fight near you.

Edit: Actually, I take that back: you might not want to be front row for a CZW show where you could be dodging shards of broken glass, have wrestlers bleed on you or have to be on the look out for other flying objects.

Well where I'm gonna be sitting is hard camera side where all the wrestlers look when they cut promos. My seat should be exactly where Aries always does his dive into the guardrail. It's in a brand new arena too. I think this is the first event it's hosting.

Kaladin

Well where I'm gonna be sitting is hard camera side where all the wrestlers look when they cut promos. My seat should be exactly where Aries always does his dive into the guardrail. It's in a brand new arena too. I think this is the first event it's hosting.

Nice, I've never been hard camera side at an event where that mattered. I've always either been on camera or off to the sides.

Top Bottom