• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

• Russo booked one of the weirdest matches ever on Nitro in October. The match saw 4 boxes in the ring and one contained the vacant WCW title (Russo was champion and vacated it, meaning not only did he make himself champion, he booked it so he was never beaten for it). The other 3 boxes contained; a picture of Scott Hall (who hadn't even been seen on WCW television in quite some time), a coal miner's glove and a blow-up doll. The idea was that the first person to get the title won. It was bad.

Didn't TNA just do this?

WCW from 98-2011 was some of the worst stuff to ever air. Bischoff once WCW started making money went absolutely insane with celebrities, musicians, and stupid shit like having a dj play music during commercial breaks. Once they let all of their good wrestling talent leave in 2000 that just ended everything.

• WCW booked an Inferno Match between Sting and Vampiro. The match ended with a stunt double dressed as Sting plummeting off the big movie screen and through a hole in the ramp which was filled with foam. WCW's commentary team then proceeded to basically re-hash the commentary from J.R and Jerry Lawler after Owen Hart's accident. The comapny subsequently received tousands and thousands of letters complaining about the distatseful nature of the incident.

What the fuck

• WCW rigged the polls on their website so that if people voted for Kidman/Rey for example as MOTN the vote would actually go to Hogan/Sid. Hogan used this as evidence that Billy Kidman "couldn't headline a wrestling show at a flea market".
• Chris Jericho's action figures were set so that when they were bought, the receipt would say either "Sting" or "Hogan". They subsequently got the revenue money for the sales.
These are just fantastic and I hope they're true for the lulz.

• Russo booked one of the weirdest matches ever on Nitro in October. The match saw 4 boxes in the ring and one contained the vacant WCW title (Russo was champion and vacated it, meaning not only did he make himself champion, he booked it so he was never beaten for it). The other 3 boxes contained; a picture of Scott Hall (who hadn't even been seen on WCW television in quite some time), a coal miner's glove and a blow-up doll. The idea was that the first person to get the title won. It was bad.

Finally, the context for this picture.

tumblr_liszwhDy2K1qzx70zo1_500.jpg

• Ric Flair was involved in an angle where he was beaten and left in a field. He was picked up by a redneck in a pickup truck who brought him back to Nitro where he sold the beating and rather than making a babyface comeback, was treated to another ass-kicking. At the time WCW commentators were not allowed to see taped segments of the show (nobody knows why) and so they had not seen the field incident. Heenan speculated that Flair was drunk, which of course to the television audience at home, made no sense because they had all seen him get beaten and left in a field.

im dying over here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJo0F-BvCEs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHhJk6NPuUk&feature=related

• Nitro on April 24th 2000 featured a first blood match between Sting and Vampiro. It went to a no contest when blood dripped from the ceiling onto Vampiro.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUXNBfDaluc

no wonder this company is dead lol
• Sting was covered in blood which dripped from the ceiling on an episode of Nitro in 2000 during his feud with Vampiro. He showed up on Thunder still covered in blood. It would appear Sting does not shower.

I think Vincent was in the nWo more than anyone not named Hogan, Hall or Nash. He was always there doing jack shit.

Was he friends with Hogan or something? He honestly didn't do anything, and there he is, in 1999, still in the group.

Kaladin

I think Vincent was in the nWo more than anyone not named Hogan, Hall or Nash. He was always there doing jack shit.

Was he friends with Hogan or something? He honestly didn't do anything, and there he is, in 1999, still in the group.

I always wondered if he had something on Hogan or Bishoff to be on tv that much and do so little.

That video clip actually makes since and your first quote doesn't. Vampiro called the blood bath to rain down on Sting and the ref called for no contest because he couldn't tell if Sting was bleeding after that happened.

woops i copy the wrong text i wanted

• Up until 2000, WCW had never thought of just flying the members of the roster in who were required. Every Nitro, Thunder and PPV saw them fly the entire 160+ roster members in and use only 20-30 of them. This was mainly due to the amount of times changes were made just before or even during the show. People wonder why WCW was losing money.
how does this happen i just don't know. glad i did not watch wrasslin back then everything im reading so far makes it sound unbearable

Zack Ryder may be a bigass dork, but following his Twitter kind of bums me out:

Zack Ryder ‏ @ZackRyder
Episode 63 of Z! True Long Island Story http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz6G2W1AcGE&nomobile=1 The best 2 minutes of the show were removed by WWE.

Zack Ryder ‏ @ZackRyder
Sorry Zack Pack. This episode sucks. It would have been one of the best. That's all I can say about it. Next topic...

And he's mentions every now and again how often he loses then asks Ziggles who he lost to tonight, like there's no hope. Every once in a while he'll mention at the bottom of his videos about getting his momentum cut from under him. Ziggler seems to take it all in stride but I don't think Zack has the luxury of being talented enough to ride it out.

WWE did some dumb shit with King Booker and Triple H over the "Who is the real King?!" feud. Of course this was when Book was on his way out, and Triple H was coming back from something. So Book got buried.

hey that happen when i started watching wrestling so it makes it okay. :mad:

And he's mentions every now and again how often he loses then asks Ziggles who he lost to tonight, like there's no hope. Every once in a while he'll mention at the bottom of his videos about getting his momentum cut from under him. Ziggler seems to take it all in stride but I don't think Zack has the luxury of being talented enough to ride it out.

I blame that godawful Kane/Eve/Cena storyline. But more than that, I blame Creative. And ESPECIALLY I blame Vince.

WWE did some dumb shit with King Booker and Triple H over the "Who is the real King?!" feud. Of course this was when Book was on his way out, and Triple H was coming back from something. So Book got buried.
I thought Booker left because he got suspended sometime after this match (Along with like 10 other guys) for a drug violation, and asked to be released because of that.

somedevil

Smackdown: Here is Daniel Bryan, pipe in the fake boos while the crowd shots are everyone chanting yes, with Yes signs everywhere :/ Whyyyyyyyyyy

Brinbe

Glad the good stuff is at the beginning. Don't gotta waste time waiting through the crap.

Those audio edits are indeed as awful as advertised.

I blame that godawful Kane/Eve/Cena storyline. But more than that, I blame Creative. And ESPECIALLY I blame Vince.

He did the thing HHH and others complain about younger talent not doing, getting people to care about them on their own, then they just cut him down. He has a dumb character, not a great wrestler, but he got crowds of people to randomly chant for and want to see him. I know this has been discussed before but I continue to feel worse for him weekly. Damn you, Long Island Iced Z.

Zack Ryder may be a bigass dork, but following his Twitter kind of bums me out:

Zack Ryder ‏ @ZackRyder
Episode 63 of Z! True Long Island Story http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz6G2W1AcGE&nomobile=1 The best 2 minutes of the show were removed by WWE.

Zack Ryder ‏ @ZackRyder
Sorry Zack Pack. This episode sucks. It would have been one of the best. That's all I can say about it. Next topic...

This is mad depressing, yo.

I don't....

I don't..........

*emo*

Striker

Draft is not needed. Unless it's to bring up some FCW guys, what's the point?

Bryan's promo there was pretty good. WWE's piped in boos are god-awful.

Top Bottom