• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

bwahhhhh

the punk/jericho alcohol angle is so bad. SD now competes with the new Cartoon Planet on CN, I keep flipping back to that. wish they had brought Space Ghost back, though

jmdajr

IMAG1021.jpg

Damn no one here :/

RYYYYYYYYYYY-BAAAAAAAAAACKKK

• In the early 1990s, WCW shows featured a sign telling fans when to cheer and when to boo. They also filtered out real wrestling fans as much as possible from attending their shows at Universal Studios because they were scared their babyfaces would be booed.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
• In the early 1990s, WCW shows featured a sign telling fans when to cheer and when to boo. They also filtered out real wrestling fans as much as possible from attending their shows at Universal Studios because they were scared their babyfaces would be booed.
WcW, to me, is 1996 or 7 +. The early days of wrestling are corny as hell.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I told yall Smackdown would suck. I told yall!!!

And no way in hell did anyone offer $500 mil for WCW in fucking 2000. No way.

How long until Vince does this?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Smackdown wasn't terrible, but the main event was a snooze-fest.

And I'm pretty sure WCW was at it's hottest in 2000, so I wouldn't doubt that it got an offer that big.
WCW was on its way down in 2000. Financially, that was its worst year. They lost $62 million that year. WWE was destroying it by that point.

They had some decent ones off to the side for $60. If you don't care you can probably get some free ones. They will probably have to paper alot of seats. It holds like 7,000 or 8,000.

Welp... I caved. I just bought a seat about four rows up in Section 102 for 65 bucks. That price is not too bad. Like I said earlier, I could give 2 shits about TNA but this will at least be a fun atmosphere.

Either way, I expect it to be entertaining- either it will be a legitmately good show and I'll have a good time OR it will suck bad and I'll be entertained due to its ineptitude.

I'm excited :)

Welp... I caved. I just bought a seat about four rows up in Section 102 for 65 bucks. That price is not too bad. Like I said earlier, I could give 2 shits about TNA but this will at least be a fun atmosphere.

Either way, I expect it to be entertaining- either it will be a legitmately good show and I'll have a good time OR it will suck bad and I'll be entertained due to its ineptitude.

I'm excited :)

Cool, should be a fun time. This is Dixie Carter's home town, so I'd be surprised if the show was genuinely bad. If nothing else there will probably be some good matches, Dixie Carter is promising some surprises, and it will probably be easy to get some chants started. I'll try to get a FUCK YOU GARRETT chant started. It will be heard on air if nothing else, since I'm so close to the ring.

Reading this thread inspired me to re read some of The Alvarez book on the death of WCW and watch the rise and fall of WCW on Netflix. Vince is doing a lot of the things that killed WCW. Jericho talks about how when the fans started to like someone they would get the screws put to them, WCW used its talented workers as an undercard to guys who couldnt go anymore....sounds a lot like Ziggler, Bryan, Kidd and others. Biggest point in the book was WCW refusing to change the formula, NWO run ins week after week. Now we have John Cena doing the same comeback bit for at least the last 5 years. Booking is terrible, Kane hates Cena because............Cena needs to Embrace the Hate! That is Bischoff/Russo/Kevin Sullivan shit right there. Hell Kane should reform the fucking dungeon of doom! Hogan would do run ins just to get main event time back then just as HHH weasled his way into and completely neutered the CM Punk push this past summer. The similarities are pretty crazy. It is amazing how poorly run and how poorly booked WCW was back then, what is crazy is the WWE booking has been very similar. The most ironic thing is that as much as the WWE tries to bury themselves TNA went out and willingly hired Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan, two of the three fucking stooges of wrestling along with Vince Russo........to run the company. Think about this, Dixie Carter willingly hired Hulk Hogan, Vince Russo and Eric Bischoff to run her fucking company. It is so astounding I cannot believe I typed it. Wrestling really should be a lot better than it is right now. Depressing.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Reading this thread inspired me to re read some of The Alvarez book on the death of WCW and watch the rise and fall of WCW on Netflix. Vince is doing a lot of the things that killed WCW. Jericho talks about how when the fans started to like someone they would get the screws put to them, WCW used its talented workers as an undercard to guys who couldnt go anymore....sounds a lot like Ziggler, Bryan, Kidd and others. Biggest point in the book was WCW refusing to change the formula, NWO run ins week after week. Now we have John Cena doing the same comeback bit for at least the last 5 years. Booking is terrible, Kane hates Cena because............Cena needs to Embrace the Hate! That is Bischoff/Russo/Kevin Sullivan shit right there. Hell Kane should reform the fucking dungeon of doom! Hogan would do run ins just to get main event time back then just as HHH weasled his way into and completely neutered the CM Punk push this past summer. The similarities are pretty crazy. It is amazing how poorly run and how poorly booked WCW was back then, what is crazy is the WWE booking has been very similar. The most ironic thing is that as much as the WWE tries to bury themselves TNA went out and willingly hired Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan, two of the three fucking stooges of wrestling along with Vince Russo........to run the company. Think about this, Dixie Carter willingly hired Hulk Hogan, Vince Russo and Eric Bischoff to run her fucking company. It is so astounding I cannot believe I typed it. Wrestling really should be a lot better than it is right now. Depressing.
All I got out of this post is that you want more Kane! Good man.

RAW_986_Photo_051.jpg

Welcome to the Kane SnowGlobe Kliq!

http://www.wackbag.com/showthread.php/80399-The-Stupidity-of-WCW

this is amazing and sad at the same time.

This pains me as a WCW fan.

This is a gold mine...

In a segment said to be hilarious live, (Elix) Skipper was talking trash and challenging Goldberg. Goldberg came out behind Skipper. Skipper keeps turning and Goldberg keeps adjusting his position so Skipper can't see him. All of this is on the big screen, which Skipper is looking right at, and can see Goldberg behind him, but because they didn't consider this when making the angle, he had to pretend - Wrestling Observer

Would love to see a video of this. lol.

Guy guy David Arquette

This one isn't stupidity at all. Arquette pushed hard to try and get Russo to change his mind on making him WCW champion. Arquette was a lifelong wrestling fan and knew fans would hate the idea. Russo wouldn't budge. Arquette however gave all of his professional wrestling earnings to the families of Owen Hart, Brian Pillman and Darren Drozdov.

The Nash - Hall shit is the best

An edition of WCW Thunder in late 2000 featured a promo from Kevin Nash in which he basically talked about Scott Hall. Hall was arrested the week before and references to him were banned. The segment, rather than being taken out, aired with every mention of him being bleeped out. The result was a promo that made no sense to anyone.

jmdajr

A few pics from the show. Unfortunately could only take a fixed lens. It was fun, maybe about 500 people. Crowd was good. Kids went crazy. There were a few "que" chants for Blue Demon..and yes, even some "super dragon" *clap clap* clap*. Sorry..no yes chants.

A few pics from the show. Unfortunately could only take a fixed lens. It was fun, maybe about 500 people. Crowd was good. Kids went crazy. There were a few "que" chants for Blue Demon..and yes, even some "super dragon" *clap clap* clap*. Sorry..no yes chants.

Looks pretty cool. Still not sure if I'm going to the show in Mesquite TX yet. Surprised to see Hurricane wrestling. I thought he had to retire from that motorcycle accident. Also, Melina's face does not look good there.

jmdajr

Looks pretty cool. Still not sure if I'm going to the show in Mesquite TX yet. Surprised to see Hurricane wrestling. I thought he had to retire from that motorcycle accident. Also, Melina's face does not look good there.

Not the best shot of Melina there but trust me she looked good. Jilian on the other hand was looking rather flabby in the belly. Hurricane wrestled VERY little. They played it off as Helms getting hurt early on (even though I saw the x-sign for injury) and then he comes back a super hero!(scorpions tune and all) Melina pretty much wrestled the whole match.

Top Bottom