• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

Kyoufu

So... where does Rock come into this with the title?

Are going to push for Punk vs Rock or are they going to put the belt on Lesnar/Cena?

Nelo Ice

Banned
Still can't believe they actually got Lesnar to come back. I'm in complete shock right now. Vince must've thrown in everything but the kitchen sink to convince him to sign.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
That should legit piss Cena off. Love him or hate him, you know Cena loves the WWE and the fans, but they disrespect and boo the shit out of him. Brock clearly doesn't want to be there (unike the Rock, who just chose greener pastures but is also a WWE lifer) and gets all cheers. Life's not fair, Johnny boy.

It's pretty brutal when you think about it, lol.

TheNatural

My Member!
That should legit piss Cena off. Love him or hate him, you know Cena loves the WWE and the fans, but they disrespect and boo the shit out of him. Brock clearly doesn't want to be there (unike the Rock, who just chose greener pastures but is also a WWE lifer) and gets all cheers. Life's not fair, Johnny boy.

Maybe Cena should stop acting like an arrogant prick who is above changing up his character and just wants to troll his tired lameness and shit over and over. Hulk Hogan and Bret Hart weren't above turning heel, were they any less "themselves" when they did it? That kind of shit is what is annoying as fuck. People boo because they're tired of his stale, hokey ass and he just smiles, trolls, and says he's not going to change.

Kyoufu

Still can't believe they actually got Lesnar to come back. I'm in complete shock right now. Vince must've thrown in everything but the kitchen sink to convince him to sign.

Is Lesnar that big of a star? I know he was a big draw in UFC but he left on shitty terms with Vince didn't he?

bjb

Banned
Awesome show.

Doesn't Brock Lesnar have something medically wrong with his stomach? I can't imagine him being able to take too many shots / moves.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Hope someone was recording the dark match I gotta hear those chants again.

David Shoemaker ‏ @AKATheMaskedMan
When Bryan's in, crowd chants "Yes!" to every move. When he's not, crowd chants "We want Bryan!" Bryan's on the apron cracking up now.

So... where does Rock come into this with the title?

Are going to push for Punk vs Rock or are they going to put the belt on Lesnar/Cena?

They don't need to put a belt on Rock. Belts don't mean shit to those guys. It's almost like there is an upper tier of guys (Rock, Cena, HHH, Taker, Brock) who don't need to be in the title picture. But it also makes for meaningless year long feuds with no motivation (see Cena/Rock)

McNei1y

I had to rewatch the last 10 minutes again - the pop was pretty great!!

edit: Cena needs to stop being Cena and just go heel. I'd actually be impressed.

Foffy

Banned
Maybe Cena should stop acting like an arrogant prick who is above changing up his character and just wants to troll his tired lameness and shit over and over. Hulk Hogan and Bret Hart weren't above turning heel, were they any less "themselves" when they did it? That kind of shit is what is annoying as fuck. People boo because they're tired of his stale, hokey ass and he just smiles, trolls, and says he's not going to change.

He's the Goku of WWE.

Well, I mean, other than that Ruthless Agression/Angle challenge match, the Lesnar feud was like Cena's first major push, right? I mean, he named his finisher based on that feud (I refuse to call that shitty move anything other than an FU)

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

I'm pretty sure if he could, cena would change it up. It seems like he had a lot of fun when he was in heel mode, but kinda hard to do that when vince can't see that the milks gone bad.

Kyoufu

They don't need to put a belt on Rock. Belts don't mean shit to those guys. It's almost like there is an upper tier of guys (Rock, Cena, HHH, Taker, Brock) who don't need to be in the title picture. But it also makes for meaningless year long feuds with no motivation (see Cena/Rock)

Did you not watch the opening segment?

UberTag

Tonight's RAW was special because of the crowd. In a lot of ways, I'm not sure they would have been quite as hostile without the D-Brine screwjob the night before. We all know that wasn't the "intent" of last night but it would have been especially shrewd if it was because it made for better TV.

I'm giving all of the credit for tonight's RAW to the crowd. No reason to expect anything more than business as usual going forward but at least the smarks found their voice tonight and did all of us proud.

Awesome show.

Doesn't Brock Lesnar have something medically wrong with his stomach? I can't imagine him being able to take too many shots / moves.

He isn't going to be taking gut shots from a champion kickboxer. I'm sure he trained a bit to make sure he could still go in a wrestling ring before making the decision.

Wow! That was pretty amazing! That crowd made that RAW! I had not watched RAW since the one after WM 27 and I know this is more than likely a one off but I have to watch next week again to see if they can keep it up :)

ZeroRay

Hope someone was recording the dark match I gotta hear those chants again.

David Shoemaker ‏ @AKATheMaskedMan
When Bryan's in, crowd chants "Yes!" to every move. When he's not, crowd chants "We want Bryan!" Bryan's on the apron cracking up now.

He's over, brother!

Feel bad for Brock, since his medical scare his UFC career went down the shitter faster than I thought it would
Eh, he's in his 30s. He got to realize his dream. He made a big splash in UFC. #1 draw for the company. Became champ. Made a lot of money.

He had a really bad medical issue, an his body was never going to be the same. He probably could've stuck around nd crushed cans, but this situation works out for him with the light schedule, merchandising and what not.

Now, the big question is Batista coming back?

And please by all that's holy have next mania be:

Stone Cold vs Punk
Undertaker vs Brock

Ziggler gets shine
D.Brine gets shine
Zack Ryder gets shine

TheNatural

My Member!
There's some kind of irony too, that The Rock was basically booed mercilessly when he made his big move to leave the WWE when he had the belt and Lesnar beat him for it a decade ago.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Guys, if you had to rate that RAW on 10, what would you give it?

5/10. Opening was good. Brock pop was good. Crowd was hilarious. Rest was garbage. A great crowd doesn't save a shitty show. So much shit on the show. Wasted time spots, dumb ass matches (Mark Henry, really?) and continuing angles that should have been blown off at the biggest PPV in the company. Why are angles continuing? Very annoying and the crowd knew it too.

Malo

Banned
KuGsj.gif

F5 F5 F5

Is Smackdown still in Miami? It should be right?

Yeah but WWE likes to edit the SD crowd to hell and back so it wont be as good as tonights crowd.

Man.... You really forget how much a good crowd can effect a show.

That crowd even made that Cena promo watchable and Cena seemed like he was having fun with them as well.

Kyoufu

I actually didn't. WTF happened? They are really pushing Rock/Punk? I thought Rock was leaving to shoot like 2 movies?

Rock said he wants to be WWE Champion. We're just speculating a feud with Punk but I asked if people think it'll go to Cena/Lesnar instead.

WHAT DOES THIS ALL MEAN?

Awesome show.

He had something real bad, which needed an operation. That operation probably weakened his stomach for life.

So none of this, I guess...

yxZDr.gif

Top Bottom