• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I actually didn't. WTF happened? They are really pushing Rock/Punk? I thought Rock was leaving to shoot like 2 movies?
Rock said he wants WWE title. I still fully expect it to be Rock/Cena, with one of them as WWE champ. Lesnar will probably face Taker at WM 29, that's my guess.

DMczaf

Rock saying he wants the WWE title is the biggest push the WWE title has been given in a decade.

Rock just put over an inanimate object.

Man.... You really forget how much a good crowd can effect a show.

yeah, we were so spoiled in the attitude era, it made stuff like Steve Blackman over,

hell ever Al Snow too! /foley

He had something real bad, which needed an operation. That operation probably weekend his stomach for life.

So none of this, I guess...

yxZDr.gif

goddamn ive seen SSP where they hit the spash at the end, hes fully rotated halfway down, man if he woulda hit that on Angle....

ElRenoRaven

Guys, if you had to rate that RAW on 10, what would you give it?

I feel like tracking Wrassle-GAF's reactions for the next few months to see if it'll really go downhill from here.

Honestly I'd give it a solid 8. Take into account that Raw has been averaging a solid 3 for a long time in my opinion.

Razorskin

----- ------
8/10 if 5 is average.

The 10:30 --> Brock portion wasn't as good as the rest which takes it down a notch.
alright then, looks like you landed yourself a spot as the sole voice of Wrassle-GAF, I'll have the statiscal data ready as early as Friday.
Edit: you're in too psycho

kirblar

Rock said he wants to be WWE Champion. We're just speculating a feud with Punk but I asked if people think it'll go to Cena/Lesnar instead.

WHAT DOES THIS ALL MEAN?
Lesnar/UT at WM29 is the better matchup. Cena/Lesnar likely won't wait a year, given that it got physical immediately.

Kyoufu

Rock saying he wants the WWE title is the biggest push the WWE title has been given in a decade.

Rock just put over an inanimate object.

Yup. If they use Rock to put over the title AND Punk at the same time it'll be exactly what the company needs.

It'll be against Lesnar or Cena though so oh well.

He had something real bad, which needed an operation. That operation probably weekend his stomach for life.

So none of this, I guess...

yxZDr.gif

Let's be real, we weren't going to see any of that after WMXIX anyway.

God, XIX was a good Wrestlemania...

As far as Lesnar vs Taker goes, I really want Taker to be done. 20-0 is a good time to go home and be a family man.

BFIB

I'm sure Lesnar is medically cleared to wrestle. Hell, Angle wrestled with a broken freakin' neck.

And once again, that crowd tonight. Jesus, one of the best damn crowds I've ever heard. I think YES!YES!YES! has just replaced "What!?"

UberTag

alright then, looks like you landed yourself a spot as the sole voice of Wrassle-GAF, I'll have the statiscal data ready as early as Friday.
Net_Wrecker's a good barometer.
He'll have realistic expectations about what's in store instead of marking out like a nutbar.
Fact is, tonight's RAW was quite simply must-watch worthy because of the crowd.
It really transcended scoring because the crowd elevated the show to an amazing experience. The booking really wasn't much different than business as usual.

I'm pretty sure he just forgot how to do it. :p
They didn't seem to have the pyro either, SO WHAT'S THE POINT

Yup. If they use Rock to put over the title AND Punk at the same time it'll be exactly what the company needs.

It'll be against Lesnar or Cena though so oh well.
I really hope that's the way they go with this. Vince has made sure Punk's always been on TV (when he was injured, on commentary), so I could see him wanting Rock to put over Punk.

dream

UFC isn't much better than WWE in terms of brand. They're both kinda trashy.

They're both totally trashy, but in different ways. UFC is all adrenaline and Affliction and the people who watch that would go into a homophobic rage when they see Funkasaurus Rex or Lord Tensai.

Axiom

What a fucking great episode of Raw from top to bottom and the crowd added so damn much. Some days, the stars align - even if it wasn't at Wrestlemania and I hope this RAW is included on the 'mania DVD

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Yeah I am really sure he is crushed that he will get a massive paycheck to do jack shit, its gotta be rough to have that life
Dude, have you read his book? He made great money last time, and he HATED it. The man actually chose to walk away from that money not sure what he was going to do with his life. He's only here because he can't compete in the UFC anymore.

Top Bottom