• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Most people would be more than satisfied with that. Except the other wrestlers. I remember years ago, a major sticking point for wrestlers coming over to WWE was because they insisted that EVERYONE worked a full schedule.
Goldberg, when he came into the WWE, got the same deal, and was paid $1 mil base salary. I don't know how much they would give Lesnar, but I'm sure it's no house shows. At least for him, I hope so.

UberTag

The crowd really deserves a HoF induction.

If this happened at a jimmy convention in some flyover state, the show would not have been as great.
Personally, TV should NEVER be taped in Jimmy convention cities. RAW/Smackdown should be rotating between core wrestling heartbed markets (yes, that includes Toronto).

Jimmy conventions can be content with house shows. They've damaged the product just as much as the commentary and Vince's assinine booking.

One of the best Raws since I got back into wrestling in 2010. Easily reminiscent of the Raws I enjoyed in the 90s. Loved Jericho's segment. Also real stoked to hear Ambrose with a dark match win. Time to slowly rebuild the midcard.

Man, I marked out like a little kid when Brock came out. Hearing his music start gave me goosebumps. THIS is what its all about guys. That crowd was hot as all hell after his music hit. For all who said Lesnar looked disinterested, he had more passion in just kicking away Cena's hat than 99% of the stuff I've seen recently.

That and seeing the disappointment in the Luigi Cena mark in the front row made my day. I'm going to sleep happy today

BFIB

Most people would be more than satisfied with that. Except the other wrestlers. I remember years ago, a major sticking point for wrestlers coming over to WWE was because they insisted that EVERYONE worked a full schedule.

Yeah, I'd have to think that's part of the deal. I always thought Brock's biggest reason for leaving the first time was due to all the travel?

I really hope future crowds take notice. If you want WWE to change, its the best way to do it. I'm sure Vince took notice of Bryan's constant call outs tonight.

Lesnar's medical issue is diverticulitis, which is a large intestine problem not a stomach problem. Basically bubbles on your colon. The issue is that the bubble can rupture and also rupture the membrane that encases the intestines. The membrane's job is to prevent the intestinal bacteria from getting into the rest of the body. That could cause a potentially fatal infection.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
rofl the video in the tag is amazing. Her tears give me a stronger will to LIVE.

Does this mean I get a Gaf Gold account now?
Welcome to the club. Here's the key to the deluxe bathrooms. Don't let the rabble use them. Enjoy the Kane poster on the wall. I put that there.

Guzim

kbGzn.gif

tm24

Transcript from Bryan's promo after the show. Credit to @AKATheMaskedMan

I would only say one word right now but somehow it seems inadequate. Last night was the worst night of my wrestling career but......but thanks to all you people chanting Yes! I think you have officially convinced them to make me a new T-shirt......AJ, what do you think of all this? Shut up! Go!......I guess there's nothing left to say so I'll just go. Okay, but if I'm gonna say it, every single one of you better buy the tshirt okay?..Miami Florida, and to everyone who came to WrestleMania, and everyone who's here tonight: Yes! Yes! Yes!"

I can't laugh. I'm not gonna lie, I almost cried like that when Ultimate Warrior beat Hogan at WM6

Can't remember ever crying about anything like that, but I was really bummed when the Magic got swept by the Rockets in the 95 finals. First and only time I ever bet on sports. One pack of NBA Hoops basketball cards.

Dr Prob

Banned
lol "flippy move".

Shooting. Star. Press.

Learn the names or be like Cole, easy call IMO.

You're right of course. Forgot the name of the move, and that's what's important MegaKungFuRadio. Sorry.

42q5J.gif

Not a great viewing angle there fwiw, but I just feel like Lesnar wasn't a good wrestler even years ago, seem unlikely that he'd be better now.

But the Wrestlemania/Raw thing was awesome. Hadn't watched in years and it was fun following along.

Bowser

Transcript from Bryan's promo after the show. Credit to @AKATheMaskedMan

I would only say one word right now but somehow it seems inadequate. Last night was the worst night of my wrestling career but......but thanks to all you people chanting Yes! I think you have officially convinced them to make me a new T-shirt......AJ, what do you think of all this? Shut up! Go!......I guess there's nothing left to say so I'll just go. Okay, but if I'm gonna say it, every single one of you better buy the tshirt okay?..Miami Florida, and to everyone who came to WrestleMania, and everyone who's here tonight: Yes! Yes! Yes!"

I already beat you to it jobber!

:p

If I could DeLorean back to that moment, I'd use your tears for my cereal.

You gave me dat assist. Thanks, BRAH. ANYTHING IS POSSIBOWWWWWWWL!!!

I never STOPPED believing. The people have and Daniel Bryan will get his day in the sun. Loved it when those two worthless shits that nobody cares about had to cut a prromo while the crowd chanted daniel bryan. the new era is upon us and one day kaval will be brahs. dreams never die but old brahs do.

My little brother called me complaining about Lesnar, wondering why they brought his "old" ass back. I promptly shut him up when I let him know Cena is actually older then Brock.

Kaladin

Just got back from RAW. Daniel Bryan is seriously the most over person in the company. Forget The Rock, forget Lesnar. Daniel Bryan. You could feel something big happening over the weekend at the indie shows, and even at Mania but this Raw seals it. I have never heard a crowd chant for someone like that in the modern WWE......never. I can't say what it is yet, but people will look back on this RAW and say that is when something changed in WWE.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Just got back from RAW. Daniel Bryan is seriously the most over person in the company. Forget The Rock, forget Lesnar. Daniel Bryan. You could feel something big happening over the weekend at the indie shows, and even at Mania but this Raw seals it. I have never heard a crowd chant for someone like that in the modern WWE......never. I can't say what it is yet, but people will look back on this RAW and say that is when something changed in WWE.

I hope you got a video of his speech at the end.

Grymm

Banned

4/2/2012

The day the "What?" chants died.

Fess up: You started the "We want Lesnar" chants, didn't you

G-Fex

I expect a good amount of weeks of

"Brock Lesnar, you're currently in the ring punching my face in, but I respect you for that and my feelings wont change about the WWE Universe"

Lothar

Banned
I've been watching wrestling since 1996. That was the greatest Raw I've seen, completely because of the crowd.

Every Attitude Era must feel like they're in heaven. Everybody like me who was sick and bored of Cena for years and wanted a return of someone like the Rock and edgier characters. It was so damn perfect for fan favorite Brock to attack Cena by using a dirty fake handshake.... after Cena spent the previous 10 minutes pandering and getting booed for being such a bland babyface.

It is fucking amazing that the fans chanted Yes Yes Yes to Cena asking if he should lash out at them. Then he got booed for not turning heel. You'll most likely never see that again.

What an awesome crowd and an awesome night.

Top Bottom