• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

UberTag

Just got back from RAW. Daniel Bryan is seriously the most over person in the company. Forget The Rock, forget Lesnar. Daniel Bryan. You could feel something big happening over the weekend at the indie shows, and even at Mania but this Raw seals it. I have never heard a crowd chant for someone like that in the modern WWE......never. I can't say what it is yet, but people will look back on this RAW and say that is when something changed in WWE.
Dude, you've witnessed history tonight.
All of WrassleGAF was there chanting YES! along with you in spirit.

(And yeah, there were a TON of YES! chants at Ring of Honor this weekend as well. Although, I especially liked the mocking CM Punk chants while Mike Bennett & Maria Kanellis were tonguewrestling in the middle of the ring for 30 seconds after he claimed to be "Better than the Best in the World".)

Lothar

Banned
Transcript from Bryan's promo after the show. Credit to @AKATheMaskedMan

I would only say one word right now but somehow it seems inadequate. Last night was the worst night of my wrestling career but......but thanks to all you people chanting Yes! I think you have officially convinced them to make me a new T-shirt......AJ, what do you think of all this? Shut up! Go!......I guess there's nothing left to say so I'll just go. Okay, but if I'm gonna say it, every single one of you better buy the tshirt okay?..Miami Florida, and to everyone who came to WrestleMania, and everyone who's here tonight: Yes! Yes! Yes!"

Oh man, why couldn't this be on Raw?

Daniel Bryan getting all those chants tonight was amazing...especially during the dark match. Even Big Show took advantage of the chants, he would get booed anytime he hit Bryan but would quickly do the YES! pose for a quick laugh.

it was great to hear the majority of the chants being "YES! YES! YES!" or "WE WANT DANIEL BRYAN" or some variation. I loved this crowd and glad to be a part of it.

If you take away Rock, Brock, and the crowd this was a pretty typical Raw. It was definitely a good show, but it's because of the things listed. Not that there was some fundamental shift in booking philosophies.

Anth0ny

If you take away Rock, Brock, and the crowd this was a pretty typical Raw. It was definitely a good show, but it's because of the things listed. Not that there was some fundamental shift in booking philosophies.

Exactly. Crowd made the show. All the Bryan shenanigans were awesome. I hope that sent a message.

Sheamus will have the belt for 12 months

Lothar

Banned

I would say having Rock go over Cena clean at WM and then Lesnar using a dirty move to get the advantage over Cena (there was no way he was not getting cheered regardless of where they were) represents a definite fundamental shift in booking philosophy.

The days of pushing squeaky clean pure white bread babyface Cena over everyone and pretending like he's Hulk Hogan may be over.

markatisu

I don't know the way the Jericho/Punk angle went was a tad more dramatic then the WWE has went in awhile

I agree the booking did not change, but it did show that creative is not in control of the direction of the show since the fans ruined a lot of what they probably wanted to happen (Sheamus coming out, Cena's talk)

I would say having Rock go over Cena clean at WM and then Lesnar using a dirty move to get the advantage over Cena (there was no way he was not getting cheered regardless of where they were) represents a definite fundamental shift in booking philosophy.

The days of pushing squeaky clean pure white bread babyface Cena over everyone and pretending like he's Hulk Hogan may be over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HznErMk97B4

UberTag

Yep, there's no chance of that happening although it's still fun to think about Vince throwing a tantrum in the back while the sane people just smile and laugh and nod knowingly.

YESVINCEYES.jpg

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Let's hope ruthless agression cena gets a push next. Besides, cena needs a new theme like noones buisness.

Grymm

Banned

People pay to see Cena
People get bored of Cena and stop paying
So now people pay to see Cena get the shit beat out of him

Also, Cena/Brock can only go one way. Brock isn't a talker, and that typical Cena "I respect you bro" stuff isn't going to work. Cena is going to get f5'd and laughed at every time he tries it until he snaps.

Ilive1up

why did they bring back prince albert/a-train as this character in america? everyone knows him as his prior characters. strange.

Raw has retroactively made WM better. They should sell the WM28 Blu/DVD bundled with this episode of Raw because it's just too good to be true. John Cena just got freaking demolished. The thought of little Cena fans pissing themselves and crying because of the past 2 shows is making me laugh uncontrollably.

The only reasonable answer is that Brock's contract had a "Heyman must book" stipulation in it.

Cagey

Banned
YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES.

We need to make sure the smarkiest smarks that ever smarked scoop up the tickets to every RAW in the foreseeable future.

This felt like an ROH show in Hammerstein but with four times the capacity.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Raw has retroactively made WM better. They should sell the WM28 Blu/DVD bundled with this episode of Raw because it's just too good to be true. John Cena just got freaking demolished. The thought of little Cena fans pissing themselves and crying because of the past 2 shows is making me laugh uncontrollably.

The only reasonable answer is that Brock's contract had a "Heyman must book" stipulation in it.

Heyman coming back would be the best part no doubt. It would be amazing to see what pauly could do with the current talent

TheNatural

My Member!
LOL holy shit @ that note about when Lesnar arrived. Hell of a way to start off your WWE return, not giving a fuck to the point of literally showing up that late. I wonder what they would have done if Lesnar just didn't show, pull The Rock out of wherever he was an actually have him come out or something?

TGMIII

Imagine if JR was announcing when lesnar came back, he would have went nuts. Instead we got cole saying "OH MY" and King just about making it seem like he wants to be there.

:(

DMczaf

Just got back from RAW. Daniel Bryan is seriously the most over person in the company. Forget The Rock, forget Lesnar. Daniel Bryan. You could feel something big happening over the weekend at the indie shows, and even at Mania but this Raw seals it. I have never heard a crowd chant for someone like that in the modern WWE......never. I can't say what it is yet, but people will look back on this RAW and say that is when something changed in WWE.

fee07.jpg

"Wait. I've seen this. I stand here, right here, and I'm supposed to say something. I say, "Everything that has a beginning has an end, Neo."

slideshow_1002124200_Wrestlemania_XXVII_Press_Co12.jpg

"The name's Paul."

Toki767

LOL holy shit @ that note about when Lesnar arrived. Hell of a way to start off your WWE return, not giving a fuck to the point of literally showing up that late. I wonder what they would have done if Lesnar just didn't show, pull The Rock out of wherever he was an actually have him come out or something?

I think they probably planned that for a surprise similar to when Rock arrived to be the host of Mania last year.

Cagey

Banned
It really did seem like Cena was stalling. They probably heard the chants earlier and Vince went "CALL HIM. CALL HIM NOW."

I'd believe something similar to this. The timing was terrible given the heat Cena was catching had started to die down when Lesnar's music hit. He ran out of things to say and seemed to adlib with the Daniel Bryan pimping. Everyone still lost their collective shit, but it could've been even better.

Not that I care. Awesome RAW was awesome. Five stars, etc.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Pleasantly surprised to hear this.

Still won't be shocked if WWE shits the bed.

Tensai's debut was a little weird. They mentioned that he was in WWE before, but made no mention of what his name was before. Also, it would've been cooler for him to be build as Giant Bernard, but I'm guessing that might be copyrighted. Anyway, I really enjoyed his work in New Japan, so I'm interested in seeing what happens next.

Also, nice to see Low-Ki is going back to New Japan. A Devitt vs Low-Ki match will be really fun to see.

Wait a second, they had Sheamus pin Bryan in the dark match? Words can't describe how stupid that is. It's a fucking dark match, give the people what they want.

I bet Daniel Bryan with get a similar angle to Christians "one more match" story from last year.

I hope the move Bryan to RAW during the next draft. He is finally over with the crowd so they can let him on live now.

NoRéN

Tensai's debut was a little weird. They mentioned that he was in WWE before, but made no mention of what his name was before. Also, it would've been cooler for him to be build as Giant Bernard, but I'm guessing that might be copyrighted. Anyway, I really enjoyed his work in New Japan, so I'm interested in seeing what happens next.

Also, nice to see Low-Ki is going back to New Japan. A Devitt vs Low-Ki match will be really fun to see.

I guess they dont want people calling him Albert(or Prince Albert or A-Train) and Lord Tensai. But yeah, it was a bit weird.

Top Bottom