• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

The days of pushing squeaky clean pure white bread babyface Cena over everyone and pretending like he's Hulk Hogan may be over.

Cena was still doing his same schtick before Lesnar came out. I respect you guys, I respect the Rock, I want to thank him, I won't let this loss keep me down, blah blah blah. Nothing changed with him, except he has a new opponent now.

DMczaf

I have a feeling WWE will still mess this up somehow.

89828290-triple.jpg

"Did somebody say hot angle?"

Cagey

Banned
ONCE IN A LIFETIME

Lesnar: "I QUIT UFC, HUNTER, BECAUSE I KNEW I HAD TO FACE YOU. YOU'RE THE GAME. YOU'RE THE MAN. I COULDN'T GET THAT LEVEL OF COMPETITION THERE. MY CAREER IS INCOMPLETE UNTIL I BEAT YOU"

H's: *ten minute soliloquy about something-or-other grrrr YOU WANT IT YOU GOT IT*

Lothar

Banned
Cena was still doing his same schtick before Lesnar came out. I respect you guys, I respect the Rock, I want to thank him, I won't let this loss keep me down, blah blah blah. Nothing changed with him, except he has a new opponent now.

Yes, but that was the point. He really shouldn't even be considered a face anymore. Asking the crowd if he should turn heel, having them say yes, and then him saying no is about the most heelish thing he can do at this point. The era of them pretending like Cena is 80s era hulk hogan is over. Now he's a heel because he doesn't want to turn heel. That's kind of cool. He also really looked like a loser when he fell for Brock's fake handshake to the crowd's enjoyment. The old WWE mentality would have never had Cena look like a loser. just like they wouldn't have an old returning Attitude Era star go over him clean at the main event of WM. I think it's a sign that times are changing.

Cena is going to have to change his act or be the heel in all upcoming feuds. It should be interesting.

HHH: YOU AND ME LESNAR, WE'RE THE LAST OF A DYING BREED.....

HHH: Daniel Bryan its not about what I think, its about what they, the fans think *fans cheer the roof off for D-Bry* you just don't got it, and you never will.

etc etc

You know where this is going guys.

It's been two hours and no one has a gif of Lesnar kicking Cena's hat? Shame.

If Cena goes heel he should go full evil.

Not exactly. I've seen this said elsewhere and I agree: Cena should do the Bret Hart half-turn. Turn on the people who already hate him, and focus only on the people who root for him. That way, he's still a hero to his fans, but is still totally despised by everyone else.

Ilive1up

brock had such a strange ufc career. kind of feel bad for him, with his disease that cut it short.

he's probably happy to be back in wrestling, though. sure he'll have fun murdering people in the ring.

It's been two hours and no one has a gif of Lesnar kicking Cena's hat? Shame.

Not exactly. I've seen this said elsewhere and I agree: Cena should do the Bret Hart half-turn. Turn on the people who already hate him, and focus only on the people who root for him. That way, he's still a hero to his fans, but is still totally despised by everyone else.

That sounds good but he has to turn some kind of heel.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Lesnar: "I QUIT UFC, HUNTER, BECAUSE I KNEW I HAD TO FACE YOU. YOU'RE THE GAME. YOU'RE THE MAN. I COULDN'T GET THAT LEVEL OF COMPETITION THERE. MY CAREER IS INCOMPLETE UNTIL I BEAT YOU"

H's: *ten minute soliloquy about something-or-other grrrr YOU WANT IT YOU GOT IT*

God, I hope not. I hope this scenario never comes to fruition

HHH: YOU AND ME LESNAR, WE'RE THE LAST OF A DYING BREED.....

HHH: Daniel Bryan its not about what I think, its about what they, the fans think *fans cheer the roof off for D-Bry* you just don't got it, and you never will.

etc etc

You know where this is going guys.

Triple h burys more talent? Say it isn't so.

That sounds good but he has to turn some kind of heel.

Totally, I think this is the start. He comes out in the most obnoxiously lame, gaudy shirt possible and, after everyone thought he'd have a "Lost My Smile" moment (dramatic music, recaps, the "OMG WHERE'S CENA!" thing on Twitter) and cuts a limp, wooden, "respect" promo. Everything people on this thread feared and hated. If he goes heel, he should (to borrow a phrase), "Turn the Fruity Pebbles up to 11".

There's one a few pages back.

Joy!

Oh wow, I'm really happy for D-Bry.

That must have been so much fun lol, he's created something out of nothing. Pleeeeeeeease let it continue.

I want a YES! t-shirt! :D

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
I didn't get nearly as close a shot as that last video link, but I was there, and managed to get the whole 20+ minute Lesnar exit, and then 6 man tag and then the Bryan talk on camera. Again, not as close, but you can easily make out the guys in the ring, and the titantron above it has reasonable closeups.

Uploading. It's 1.4 GBs, so it'll be an hour or so.

I'll post a link when it's up.

Also, I was fucking man of the night as I walked out of the arena, and then mile or so back to where my car was parked. People chanting around me, and honking horns and screaming YES out of their window as I walked by. And all because I was wearing this shirt I got while at was at the last DGUSA show:

YES%20YES%20YES%20SHIRTS%20WE%20SOLD.jpg

Thank you BarberShopWindow! Thank you D. Bry!

A perfect end to a fantastic weekend. WrassleGAFfers going to Smackdown in Orlando: you better keep the YES! chants going!

UberTag

Daniel Bryan is gonna get Zack Ryder'd for sure. Don't get your hopes up for some major push coming out of this.
I joked about such a thing after yesterday but Zack was NEVER over quite like this. Plus, it's not like he could have backed it up on the mic and in the ring even if he did get pushed respectfully.

"Daniel" Bryan Danielson most definitely CAN.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Must have this now. How are the sizes? Do they run small, big, etc? A medium can either be loose or snug on me depending on cut.

I usually wear XLs as XXLs generally make me look fatter than I already am. For reference, check the picture djsandman took of all of us in the WrassleGAF meetup thread. I'm to sandman's left, to the far right of the frame. The squinting guy in the blue shirt that looks like a blob. That's an XXL on me.

They were out of the XL size when I bought the YES shirt, so the guy convinced me to buy the XXL and throw it in the dryer.

He was right, as the XXL shrunk nicely once I threw it in the dryer. It fits well now. So, I'd go a size up if you're unsure.

I'm looking to lose weight, but that's fine, that'll just give me an excuse to buy an official YES shirt if they actually make good on what Bryan said at the show.

Next year
http://i3.ytimg.com/vi/blXUVUVuE84/hqdefault.jpg

"I respect Brock Lesnar for beating me last night. I didn't expect to lose, but he was the better man that night and I thank him for the honor of challenging me to that epic match. I hope Brock will come down and shake my hand..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-V6Xm9nsm8

http://cdn.wl.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/cena-girl-run.gif

Oh my god. I'm done. I can't. That gif, the mental image of
New Jack
rushing a WWE ring. Too much.

Top Bottom