• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

RBH

Probably the happiest I've felt watching Raw in a long, long time.

Incredible show with probably the best crowd ever.

I feel like shaking everyone's goddamn hand!

Gfbek.gif

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Yes, but that was the point. He really shouldn't even be considered a face anymore. Asking the crowd if he should turn heel, having them say yes, and then him saying no is about the most heelish thing he can do at this point. The era of them pretending like Cena is 80s era hulk hogan is over. Now he's a heel because he doesn't want to turn heel. That's kind of cool. He also really looked like a loser when he fell for Brock's fake handshake to the crowd's enjoyment. The old WWE mentality would have never had Cena look like a loser. just like they wouldn't have an old returning Attitude Era star go over him clean at the main event of WM. I think it's a sign that times are changing.

Cena is going to have to change his act or be the heel in all upcoming feuds. It should be interesting.

I've been thinking along these lines for a while, and it kind of culminated for me during that promo too. When he said that even after saying everything he said, and losing, that he refused to change, the guy next to me shouted "then shut up and leave!" And I turned to him and said, "you do realize him saying no after we all chanted YES makes him a heel right?"

The only response I got back was what I recognized as his imitation of a mindblown.gif

joWd4.gif

Good times. Such a great weekend. I love all of you guys. Even you cranky, bitter, salty ones. :D

Edit: DAMMIT COMCAST HURRY UP

877MB.png

LOL holy shit @ that note about when Lesnar arrived. Hell of a way to start off your WWE return, not giving a fuck to the point of literally showing up that late. I wonder what they would have done if Lesnar just didn't show, pull The Rock out of wherever he was an actually have him come out or something?

I prefer to think of it as trying to cut it as close as possible to keep it a surprise (yeah right) but you could be right.

Who am I kidding? 30 seconds, you're definitely right.

Toki767

Interesting...Brock might be on TV at least twice a month between now and WM29. That means he could feasibly be WWE Champion again.

RBH

According to multiple sources, WWE has signed a one year deal with Brock Lesnar that will see the former UFC and WWE champion work for the company through Wrestlemania 29 in New Jersey.

Sources speaking to PWInsider.com state that Lesnar has signed for a minimum two appearances a month over the next year, plus an additional number of appearances during the build to the Mania PPV and obviously, Mania 29 itself.

The belief is that Lesnar will make in the area of 30-35 appearances over the next year, although WWE would have the ability to negotiate additional appearances with him above and beyond that - if Lesnar is willing to make them.

For those of you who are wondering how The Rock plays into this, well, he certainly needs someone to challenge for the WWE title one day....

In a strange coincidence, ten years ago, Lesnar made his WWE main roster debut on Raw with Paul Heyman....the day after Wrestlemania.
http://www.pwinsider.com/article/67317/details-on-wwes-deal-with-brock-lesnar.html?p=1

UberTag

So the booking logic here (over a 12-month period) would seem to be:

CM Punk loses title to Brock (due to Y2J interference) -> Brock loses title to Rock -> Rock loses title to Cena

I'm gonna guess Y2J beats Punk for the title in Chicago, fights Rock at Summerslam and loses the title to Rock giving him the belt like he said. Also at Summerslam Brock fights Cena and destroys him. Next night Brock comes out, destroys Rock to where he is out with serious injuries. He's stripped of the title and it's put up in a tournament. Brock says he's done with WWE and that he has taken everyone out. Both disappear until Rock returns after Rumble and starts talking shit about Brock how he is a coward and he won't come back because he is scared. Brock returns after a few weeks setting up Brock vs Rock at Mania 29.

Lothar

Banned
Is anyone here on Wrassle-Gaf in the situation where they are the only person in their circle of friends that actually like WWE or any type of wrestling brand? And do you just brush it off as a casual type of hobby that you're into and never really dwell into why you like it?

I'm curious - How do you guys approach someone whenever somebody says that wrestling is fake or asks why you like "that fake shit"

Laugh at them and ask them if they ever watch movies?

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
I don't know if anyone else mentioned it already*, but Dean Ambrose (AKA Jon Moxley) debuted tonight while they were taping for Superstars. I got at least part of his entrance speech to the crowd on camera too.

* (I'm on page 10 at 100 posts per page, and I'm reliving RAW through you guys while I upload <3)

tm24

Is anyone here on Wrassle-Gaf in the situation where they are the only person in their circle of friends that actually like WWE or any type of wrestling brand? And do you just brush it off as a casual type of hobby that you're into and never really dwell into why you like it?

I'm curious - How do you guys approach someone whenever somebody says that wrestling is fake or asks why you like "that fake shit"
I always say "I know, you idiot. It's stupid fun." And always ask them about why they do certain things and they respond in kind and the issue is done

RBH

That is a lot of appearances. Damn.

I was also pretty surprised by that. I was expecting more of an Undertaker-esque type of deal where Lesnar would only show up occasionally, but it seems like we'll see Lesnar quite frequently over the next year.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
"For those of you who are wondering how The Rock plays into this, well, he certainly needs someone to challenge for the WWE title one day...."

I hope this line is wishful thinking and not what creative is actually thinking of doing. I mean... who will Taker face next year?

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
So I just watched Raw.

Oh my god.

Why can't you be like this every night WWE?

Why are you only good post-Wrestlemania?

I'm thinking this is one of Vince's cruel ass jokes.

Next week is going to be #sameoldshit.

I can feel it.

Especially since DC isn't New York/Philly/Chicago/Miami/Canada

And Holy Shit at the Yes chants.

Holy Shit, Daniel Bryan is the biggest face in the WWE.

OH GOD WHAT IF THE SQUASH WAS ACTUALLY MEANT TO PUT BRYAN SUPER OVER

VINCE YOU SUNAMAGUN

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
God, the lesnar moment like every other important moment with cole is a shot to the face of why cole and king fucking suck at commentary.

Knox

I'm excited for Brock to be back, but I really hope they don't spend the next year only on combinations of Lesnar/Rock/Cena. They fucked up on having the last generation pass the torch once already, hopefully they won't do it again.

I just finished watching and am marking out so hard right now....

goddam!!!!

I love all of you!!! especially you, Harry!

this will all get fucked up ASAP, but I will enjoy tonight!

Hopefully Bryan doesn't get the Zack Ryder treatment. Ryder has been made to look like a loser and a fool in every possible opportunity. Don't get over on your own wait for the WWE to decide who they want to put over

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
http://i.minus.com/iN9yLPuI9fQtG.gifIMG][/QUOTE]

[B]I WANT TO BELIEVE

THERE IS NO OTHER EXPLANATION

IF IT ISNT I WANT MORE YES CHANTS

EVERYWHERE

I WANT PEOPLE AT LINDA MCMAHON RALLIES SCREAMING IT
[/B]
[quote="Biggest-Geek-Ever, post: 36605032"]How is such a thing even possible?[/QUOTE]

[quote="cacophony, post: 36605068"]holy shit. how did that even happen[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/io46UQJZ1ls0t.gif

Holy crap. I was there. I haven't felt that kind of energy from a WWE crowd in a long long time. I do want to say that I hated all the out in the open Brock talk. Would have been fun to be surprised by that. That being said I was a little anyway.

Then the dark match came. Holy hell did the crowd own that. Cody tagged in and tagged out 2 seconds later because of the D-Bry love. Outside the arena people were going nuts. I actually forgot about Brock coming back for a bit because of the Bryan-Mania. In the sports bar people were Yes'ing all over. I got back to South Beach and they were doing it there. The international Mania crowd really helped make an awesome show tonight. What a feeling.

Top Bottom