• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

The one man who can save our commentating.

Fresh from his WMGAF chat appearance last night.

He'll make sure to sell the butts into those seats with his words.

schiavone.jpg

Truly the greatest in the history of our sport.

SAVE US TONY!

Lingitiz

I wonder if they will play up the fact that Cena is totally different since Lesnar last wrestled.

Monster heel Lesnar is one of the times they got it right, just messing up dudes left and right in random matches. I can't really recall how good his mic skills were though.

I wonder if they will play up the fact that Cena is totally different since Lesnar last wrestled.
They need to. Lesnar should start insulting Cena and calling him a pussy and stuff, guy had quite a filthy mouth when he was managed by Heyman. I remember hot he verbally and physically destroyed The Hardy Boyz.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Problem is, Bryan was super over right before he got kicked in the head and lost his title.

I know.

But I mean this, this was something else.

I have NEVER heard anything so loud in WWE in a long time.

These chants were EVERYWHERE.

In EVERY segment.

In EVERY match.

Even Rocky got YES'D.

Even Rocky.

FOR FUCKS SAKE THEY EVEN CHANTED SI

FUCKING SI.

If Bryan was "super over" before, what the hell do you even call this?

Ozone

schiavone.jpg

SAVE US TONY!
I would love to see JR and Tony share a broadcast table.

Knox

If Bryan was "super over" before, what the hell do you even call this?

It'll be interesting to see how it carries over to other shows. This was a die hard crowd, probably a lot of people that traveled for Mania and got tickets for RAW the next night. Usually, pleasing your most enthusiastic customers is good for business, but this is WWE, so we'll see where it goes.

Toki767

It'll be interesting to see how it carries over to other shows. This was a die hard crowd, probably a lot of people that traveled for Mania and got tickets for RAW the next night. Usually, pleasing your most enthusiastic customers is good for business, but this is WWE, so we'll see where it goes.

He'll be pretty hit or miss with crowds like Ryder. Still though, it's not like WWE plans on turning him face to capitalize on his popularity.

Anth0ny

He'll be pretty hit or miss with crowds like Ryder. Still though, it's not like WWE plans on turning him face to capitalize on his popularity.

I don't think a single crowd in the upcoming weeks will be able to resist doing the YES! YES! YES! chants at every possible opportunity. This awesome Miami crowd put it out there, now everyone will emulate.

That part last night when Funkasaurus was like I want everyone to take out their phones, we're gonna call our mammas! then you see some crowd guy actually doing it on the big screen and the rest of the crowd just blurted out a huge laugh was such a crack up.

And yea, I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally hope YES! becomes a thing for real.

But then Cena will probably claim to be responsible for it all lol.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

schiavone.jpg

SAVE US TONY!

I would love to see JR and Tony share a broadcast table.

Every match would be the most exciting shit ever. Miz vs alex riley? Turn that boring shit to fucking eleven.

Anth0ny

Like "What?" became a thing for real?

Ugh...

No thanks...

There's a difference imo

What? was disrespectful. The way Austin used it was to piss someone off. Yes! is quite the opposite. The way it was used tonight was pretty much a substitute for cheering or applause.

Also, it gets Bryan over. I'm okay with that.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea

Oh god.

Imagine if D Brine actually DID went against Mark Henry

Mark Henry. World Heavyweight Champion for over 6 months.

Destroying every face in his path.

And here's D. Brine with his Yes chant getting the crowd pumped.

And he makes the World's Strongest Man tap out.

YES YES YES YES YES

You now have your next big superstar. WWE stock goes up. Daniel Bryan shirts sell out immediately. Evilore banishes WrassleGAF after we destroy the servers.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
You know when a Raw is Fucking Super Amazing, when I only had to fast forward THE FUCKING COMMERCIALS! on my DVR

How is this even possible!?

I had been lurking for so long, Wrasslin' GAF got to crazy for me, so I bowed out, but GODDAMN that fucking crowd, Vince should buy the crowd and travel them along for Raw & Smackdown

At that Piledriver.gif, the crowd reaction is fucking GOLD!, you see them go from "Oh a Piledriver" to "Holy Fuck!, did we watch someone die right before our eyes"

GBONZZZZ

I can't even explain how good tonight's Raw was. Very consistent show all around, with a fuck ton of help from the audience. Amazing crowd.

There's a difference imo

What? was disrespectful. The way Austin used it was to piss someone off. Yes! is quite the opposite. The way it was used tonight was pretty much a substitute for cheering or applause.

Also, it gets Bryan over. I'm okay with that.

I can see that.

I just hate that "What?" is still alive in the WWE years later, after both the gimmick and Austin are long gone.

Top Bottom