• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

Kyoufu

So hang on, how is Del Rio challenging for Smackdown's title as he's a Raw Superstar?

Another sign the brand split is ending in a week or two.

Umm... the brand split has been over for a year.

They still "pretend" there are brands but there really isn't any since they started the Supershow business.

Kyoufu

Really? Thanks christ for that, god that was ridiculous.

Edit: Oh, they still pretend? That's still pretty rubbish.

Basically, they still have two shows, Raw and Smackdown but the Smackdown guys are also on Raw challenging for titles etc (Mark Henry had a WWE title shot). Raw stars can be on Smackdown too when needed.

I think the only reason they pretend to have brands now is so they have an excuse to give us a brand draft every year.

This was the greatest night in WrassleGAF since MITB 2011.

Agreed. Never thought I'd see GAF love wrestling again :lol

Very curious to see the ratings for last night.

Am I crazy if I enjoyed last nights raw more than Wrestlemania? Because... I think I did..

I did! My god was that crowd amazing. Everyone (well, mostly Daniel Bryan/Cena) had NUCLEAR heat. So, so awesome to hear such a hot crowd chanting like mad for everything.

And watching that dark match makes me remember why I love wrestling to begin with -- you can't help but wish you were part of the crowd chanting "YES! YES! YES!" Something you really don't get nowadays.

Watching how over Bryan was in that match really makes me happy after the way he got screwed. Whether Vince thinks he's a star or not, you CANNOT deny how over he was with that crowd. Sure, it's a 'Mania-filled crowd, but I'd be really surprised if they YES chants didn't catch on. YESSSS!

This was the greatest night in WrassleGAF since MITB 2011.

schiavone.jpg

knee

In Retrospect...

Would you take the 18-sec. squash @ Wrestlemania after seeing what it's doing for D. Bryan?

Also, I'm looking for tickets for Smackdown tonight, on the off chance that Orlando-GAF exists.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Wow at that crowd. I bet Vince was crying after the show was over. People want D-Bry as their champ, and the crowd still hates Cena. Even after he tried to respect-promo Rock, the crowd was chanting 'fuck you cena' as he left the ring.

This won't change things, but it's nice that Vince had to see what was going on.

I'm still no fan of D-Bry though.

Dead Man

Basically, they still have two shows, Raw and Smackdown but the Smackdown guys are also on Raw challenging for titles etc (Mark Henry had a WWE title shot). Raw stars can be on Smackdown too when needed.

I think the only reason they pretend to have brands now is so they have an excuse to give us a brand draft every year.

Agreed. Never thought I'd see GAF love wrestling again :lol

Very curious to see the ratings for last night.

Sounds much better than when they first did it. That was one of the things that made me stop following wwe.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I would like to think my OP had something to do with what happened last night, but I don't think it did.

I'm very interested in watching SD this Friday just to see what they do with Bryan. They already announced Del Rio/Sheamus, but I just hope Bryan is kept around the WHC scene.

Kyoufu

I would like to think my OP had something to do with what happened last night, but I don't think it did.

I'm very interested in watching SD this Friday just to see what they do with Bryan. They already announced Del Rio/Sheamus, but I just hope Bryan is kept around the WHC scene.

Vince is going to bury him since he hates the internet. Then when his shirt sells he'll get another title shot.

Linkified

I just gotta say loved Brock kicking away Cena's cap last night. All they have to do is not screw it up have Brock vs Cena at Summerslam, Brock vs Rock at Royal Rumble. Have Brock win both matches, and have him to go face Taker at WM29.

Aiii

So not worth it

Right after they showed Bryan's (silent) response to Del Rio's challenge. Clearly it'll be a triple threat match.

jmdajr

Pretty excited that Albert is back just in time for Brock to drop him on his head again.

And hey, what do you think Cena meant by saying"you owe me one" to Daniel Bryan?

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
In Retrospect...

Would you take the 18-sec. squash @ Wrestlemania after seeing what it's doing for D. Bryan?

Also, I'm looking for tickets for Smackdown tonight, on the off chance that Orlando-GAF exists.
If all WWE crowds we're as rowdy as the ones in Miami these past couple of days, YES YES YES!

But since they're not I'm only cautiously optimistic. The next PPV is in Chicago, which means Bryan is going to be cheered like crazy thankfully. The rest of the cities on the way, I don't know. If the crowds keep this up, I think WWE would realize that they'd have another CM Punk in their hands and will push him much more.

Of course this probably means he'll no doubt turn face, but I'd be ok with this. Plus being a main event face means creative might put in a bit more effort in his angles. (Sorry Ryder)

atomsk

Party Pooper
honestly the only issue I have with the Brock return is that we didn't have JR losing his damn mind on commentary

BAH GAWD

Aiii

So not worth it
Bryan can be a heel that's cheered, no problem I reckon.

Besides, if he stops being a Heel they'll lose the whole AJ/Bryan dynamic, which is still gold.

sajj316

The only thing about Lesnar is that he seems a bit out of shape. Could be the illness so he's not lifting heavy weights anymore? He's still billed at 266 lbs per Cole last night.

Striker

Didn't watch last night, and the show is in progress on Youtube.

- Ziggler getting cheers, but jobs to Santino. -_-
- A-Ry lol, liking Lord Tensai.
- Count-out? Whatever.
- Ricardo and ;D
- Listening to Cena's sermon, I wonder. Without looking, is this Cena's first WM loss in a one on one match? EDIT: it was, lol
- Oh my god, that pop for Lesnar. lololol crazy crowd.

A much better show than Raw in years, but that's because of the re-emergence of Lesnar. But I'm waiting to see if they can pull some consistency.

jmdajr

The only thing about Lesnar is that he seems a bit out of shape. Could be the illness so he's not lifting heavy weights anymore? He's still billed at 266 lbs per Cole last night.
And he's still only 34. I hope the drop off isn't too much.

Aiii

So not worth it
Nobody hates Daniel Bryan.

We hate Sheamus.

We hate Sheamus A LOT.

There's people that legit dislike Bryan, don't ask me why, but they're out there.

Sheamus can't help he was the one on the other end of that match. The boos are for McMahon, not Sheamus.

Kyoufu

There's people that legit dislike Bryan, don't ask me why, but they're out there.

Sheamus can't help he was the one on the other end of that match. The boos are for McMahon, not Sheamus.

No, the boos are for Sheamus. Ever since he turned face he has been truly, truly AWFUL.

Talamius

I can agree with this. Sheamus was booed, but I think the crowd was smart enough to understand that it really wasn't his fault. He can't help his booking
and it probably helps that there hasn't been 10 straight years of it.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
No, the boos are for Sheamus. Ever since he turned face he has been truly, truly AWFUL.

As with Cena, the boos are largely for the booking, as always. I'm not saying no one legit dislikes Cena or Sheamus, of course there are. But it's a lot easier to swallow a wrestler you don't care for when s/he isn't shoved down your throat.

I booed Sheamus because he was put over Bryan in a squash match. I booed for Sheamus because I didn't care for him being booked like an Irish Cena. It's still the same ol' shit even if you call me fella.

jmdajr

Daniel Bryan character has improved dramatically. His wrestling skills were never questioned.
I'm trying not to get overly excited, but there could be a bright future here with young stars like punk/bryan.... in the middle like orton/cena.. and old veterans coming back with a shorter work schedule. Too bad Edge can't ever come back :(

As for Sheamus. I don't think he was happy about the situation either.

Ultratech

Man, that Dark Match...so awesome. The way the crowd was reacting to everything was simply amazing.

Last night kinda makes up for that somewhat shitty WM.

Mostly. Sheamus is a boring face, but it wasn't his fault that bad booking has likely screwed him over for now.

Aiii

So not worth it
Justin Gabriel stated Monday afternoon Twitter that he suffered an elbow injury during the Triple Threat Tag Team Championship Match at WrestleMania XXVIII and therefore will be sidelined for six weeks.

“Just had X-rays and MRI on elbow,” Gabriel wrote. “Good news: no surgery needed. Bad news: out for six weeks.”

The WWE Tag Team Champions stood tall against their challengers was Primo and Epico defeated The Usos and the pairing of Tyson Kidd and Gabriel.

And the Tag Team division is back down to two. :S

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
As for Sheamus. I don't think he was happy about the situation either.

Agreed. Even if he was the one being put over, I can't really believe that he'd be happy with an 18-second match at Wrestlemania. And then on top of that, the result is that he's almost booed out of the building the next night? He certainly deserved a push and another title run, but not like this.

Linkified

Didn't watch last night, and the show is in progress on Youtube.

- Ziggler getting cheers, but jobs to Santino. -_-
- A-Ry lol, liking Lord Tensai.
- Count-out? Whatever.
- Ricardo and ;D
- Listening to Cena's sermon, I wonder. Without looking, is this Cena's first WM loss in a one on one match? EDIT: it was, lol
- Oh my god, that pop for Lesnar. lololol crazy crowd.

A much better show than Raw in years, but that's because of the re-emergence of Lesnar. But I'm waiting to see if they can pull some consistency.

Nope that was against the Miz, and Cena landed Miz right on his head in the match, and Cena looked bored to hell.

And hey, what do you think Cena meant by saying"you owe me one" to Daniel Bryan?

That he actually acknowledged the fans were chanting for D-Bry all night ignoring what a furious Vince probably told everyone who went out there just to pretend its not happening and carry on with the script.

Cranky: "GO OUT THERE SMILE AND SAY YOUR STUPID F**KING LINES, IGNORE THOSE SONS OF BITCHES AROUND YOU, JUST STICK TO MY SCRIPT GAWD DAMMIT!!!!!!"

I knew Cena would be the one to do it too, he loves that shit. Made me like Cena a bit.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Yeah. I mean, I've said it before (I think): I really like Cena in every aspect EXCEPT his on-screen character. Cena does stuff like that because he knows it's the right thing to do, and because he knows that he's pretty much the only one in the company who could get away with it. I mean what is Vince gonna do, fire him? Hah.

jmdajr

That he actually acknowledged the fans were chanting for D-Bry all night ignoring what a furious Vince probably told everyone who went out there just to pretend its not happening and carry on with the script.

Cranky: "GO OUT THERE SMILE AND SAY YOUR STUPID F**KING LINES, IGNORE THOSE SONS OF BITCHES AROUND YOU, JUST STICK TO MY SCRIPT GAWD DAMMIT!!!!!!"

I knew Cena would be the one to do it too, he loves that shit. Made me like Cena a bit.

I still remember when D. Bryan got fired for spitting in Cena's face. I can't remember if Cena was upset that ended up happening.

Wasn't it Cena that originally wanted to do something with Punk too back when he was thinking of leaving before the awesomeness of last year? I remember reading that, I dunno if it was just on here or something 'official' lol.

Striker

Nope that was against the Miz, and Cena landed Miz right on his head in the match, and Cena looked bored to hell.
That match was so bad and boring I blocked it out of my head. I guess that technically was his first loss, albeit not clean. Just noteworthy for this 10-year veteran.

Top Bottom