• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Alright GAF, hop to it before Vince stops roidraging long enough to notice and issue a takedown notice or something:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMBZJtUOi94

It just uploaded, so the quality might stink until Youtube finishes processing. It was taken with a Galaxy Nexus and I used some moderate zooming. Unfortunately, that means that every minor motion makes it shake a bit. It's watchable IMO, but hopefully no one gets motion sickness.

I really wish all of you could have been there. It was amazing.

Now I need to sleep for 3 hours before work.
Is it physically possible to be more over than Bryan is right now? I mean... Jesus!

jmdajr

Wasn't it Cena that originally wanted to do something with Punk too back when he was thinking of leaving before the awesomeness of last year? I remember reading that, I dunno if it was just on here or something 'official' lol.

Yes, I remember reading stories about Cena imploring Vince to keep Punk.

MG310

I worry about Cena acknowledging it though - because his acknowledgment was the first step toward Cena consuming Zack Ryder's soul.

Aiii

So not worth it
Listen, there's a reason everyone in the company loves Cena. He is, no doubt, genuinly a great colleague to have. He loves what he does and his enthusiasm is infectious. Plus he's clearly a lockerroom leader, being one of the few people that is allowed to tell Vince when something he's doing is not okay.

I'm not saying he can always convince Vince, but his voice surely caries some weight.

I mean, the video packages of him working out with the FCW talent (hell, even AJ was there in the background! YES!) it showed his character.

His in-ring persona sucks and people hate him for it, but I've no doubt he's genuinly a man of the people backstage.

krae_man

I worry about Cena acknowledging it though - because his acknowledgment was the first step toward Cena consuming Zack Ryder's soul.

He's just trying to ride Bryans coat tales. "You owe me one Daniel Bryan"? Really, You're going to try and claim you helped get it over?

Dat John Cena, he's not such a bad fellow.

Just the character is boring and merchandised/production lined the shit out of, people are sick of being told CHEER THIS MAN etc.

He's just trying to ride Bryans coat tales. "You owe me one Daniel Bryan"? Really, You're going to try and claim you helped get it over?

Yea I mentioned a few pages back, with that quote he's totally gonna claim he helped if this YES! thing really takes off isn't he? lol.

Kyoufu

Cena is probably tired and wants others to take the torch so he can have a break. I'm sure he'd like a break for once.

Dead Man

Listen, there's a reason everyone in the company loves Cena. He is, no doubt, genuinly a great colleague to have. He loves what he does and his enthusiasm is infectious. Plus he's clearly a lockerroom leader, being one of the few people that is allowed to tell Vince when something he's doing is not okay.

I'm not saying he can always convince Vince, but his voice surely caries some weight.

I mean, the video packages of him working out with the FCW talent (hell, even AJ was there in the background! YES!) it showed his character.

His in-ring persona sucks and people hate him for it, but I've no doubt he's genuinly a man of the people backstage.

That's pretty much my feeling on the little knowledge I have of the situation. I think the problem is his persona is also his personality. And who wants to watch a nice guy win every night?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
tumblr_m1w2xh6qtd1r2oyok71.gif
tumblr_m1ksz68u5c1qhjeru03.gif

I'm kind of disappointed he didn't do the Derailer or the Sit Down Last Ride as his finisher. Baldo Bomb's always been my least favorite of his movies, and I guess he can't use bicycle kick anymore because Sheamus ruins everything.

I like that he did the headbutts in the corner though.

Kyoufu

Well we already have a Cena mk2 in Punk so he can have a few months off now if he wants.

Too bad he has to square off with Lesnar!

The funny thing is, Punk's promo with Triple H when he returned mentioned all the guys that weren't there at the time but eventually returned, except for one:

Mick Foley (came back as a guest)
Chris Jericho (came back to wrassle)
Brock Lesnar (came back to wrassle)
David Batista (STILL HASN'T RETURNED)

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Watching the video of Lesnar's return last night and the amazing crowd, the only thing that really sucked about it was Cole. I can't believe how bad he is on the mic.

Schiavone would be 100 times better.

krae_man

Yea I mentioned a few pages back, with that quote he's totally gonna claim he helped if this YES! thing really takes off isn't he? lol.

Yeah, it was 100% the internet smarks who got that chant over. You know Vince, the group you think isn't big enough to even book a fraction of your show for? You know despite they are 100% responsable for your best Wrestlemania Gate ever.

It might have been his first clean one-on-one loss in a WM match, with no interference.

Yeah, his only other clean loss at mania was in a triple threat match when Orton pinned him after punting HHH.

Aiii

So not worth it
Too bad he has to square off with Lesnar!

The funny thing is, Punk's promo with Triple H when he returned mentioned all the guys that weren't there at the time but eventually returned, except for one:

Mick Foley (came back as a guest)
Chris Jericho (came back to wrassle)
Brock Lesnar (came back to wrassle)
David Batista (STILL HASN'T RETURNED)

That part of the promo was the most worked part of the whole thing though.

Where's Colt Cabana?

Kyoufu

So when Lesnar left, Cena rose to ascension. Lesnar was on track to being the biggest thing in WWE until he left and they made Cena big right?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So when Lesnar left, Cena rose to ascension. Lesnar was on track to being the biggest thing in WWE until he left and they made Cena big right?

Yep.
Lesnar went over Hogan AND Undertaker. And I don't mean Lesnar went over them like 'oh he barely won'. They booked him to destroy both of them.

Aiii

So not worth it
He would have gone over Austin too, but Vince wanted to do it on a regular show instead of building to a PPV match and Austin said fu that's ridiculous and no-showed that Raw.

Kyoufu

Yep.
Lesnar went over Hogan AND Undertaker. And I don't mean Lesnar went over them like 'oh he barely won'. They booked him to destroy both of them.

Punk's mis-use was the fault of Lesnar right? Vince turned sour on Heyman's guys when Lesnar left with all the jewels?

I would read a book about all this.

Time to bring back the NWO as Cena, Punk, D-Bry and AJ.

Orton can be the DDP.

Cody is the Ric Flair.

Lesnar is Luger and the Big Show is the Giant.

Del Rio is the El Dandy. Miz and Truth are the Steiner Bros and whoever Rosa is the manager off can be Harlem Heat.

Sheamus can be the Disco Inferno.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Punk's mis-use was the fault of Lesnar right? Vince turned sour on Heyman's guys when Lesnar left with all the jewels?

I would read a book about all this.

I think Punk's mis-use was because he was a small guy. Punk can't really complain though; he's gotten a better run than a lot of guys because they did the smart thing of debuting him in Phily, so people saw him get pops as an indy darling and said, 'oh well he must be cool. i'll cheer him'. Won tag titles and IC title pretty early on.

Kyoufu

Orton can be the DDP.

Cody is the Ric Flair.

Del Rio is the El Dandy. Miz and Truth are the Steiner Bros and whoever Rosa is the manager off can be Harlem Heat.

Who will be Crow Sting to fight against the NWO?

Sting himself? lol

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I do find it funny that A-Train and Lesnar are in the company at the same time again. Because A-Train fucking hates Lesnar now since he ditched out on NJPW and made all the gaijins look bad.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can't wait for Mr. H's to get majority control of the product. I really do think, like Nash, he knows the business really well, and that's only good things when he's not actually on tv.

Can't believe I forgot Ziggler actually, he's gotta be in the NWO. Too good a #heel.

Maybe Punk can be Sting instead. Explains why Johnny hates him, blonde surfer dude rivals from way back!

G-Fex

Orton can be the DDP.

Cody is the Ric Flair.

BULLSHIT, Big Show can't be the Giant, HES GOT NO HAIR

and that's as silly as saying Hogan can be Mr. America.

sajj316

I can't wait for Mr. H's to get majority control of the product. I really do think, like Nash, he knows the business really well, and that's only good things when he's not actually on tv.

To be honest, I hope he is nothing like Nash. I think Mr. H's knows for the most part, what the people want. As long as his ego doesn't get in the way like his father-in-law.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Can't believe I forgot Ziggler actually, he's gotta be in the NWO. Too good a #heel.

Maybe Punk can be Sting instead. Explains why Johnny hates him, blonde surfer dude rivals from way back!

Ziggler - Vincent

Who will be Crow Sting to fight against the NWO?

Sting himself? lol
R-Truth. They're both crazy, and I could see R-Truth hanging out with a crow and a helicopter.

Top Bottom