• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

RBH

A 24-year-old Destrehan man died Sunday night when, authorities say, he stopped breathing while wrestling with a young cousin on the floor. Stephen A. Arceneaux III, who lived at 9614 Red Church Lane in Destrehan, was pronounced dead at St. Charles Parish Hospital at 10:39 p.m. An autopsy was being performed in New Orleans on Monday.

According to St. Charles Parish Sheriff Greg Champagne, Arceneaux had gathered with friends at a home on Murray Hill Drive to watch the pay-per-view event "Wrestlemania 28" on television when he and a 14-year-old cousin began to wrestle on an inflated mattress on the floor. The juvenile, who is 5 feet, 6 inches tall and weighs 110 pounds, placed his arm around the neck of Arceneaux, who was 5 feet, 10 inches tall and weighed 220 pounds, in a move commonly known as a "rear naked choke hold" for 30 to 40 seconds.

Witnesses reported that Arceneaux said he would not give up or "tap out."

But at some point, someone noticed that Arceneaux was turning blue and told the youngster to release the hold. When he did, witnesses realized that Arceneaux had stopped breathing and dialed 911, shortly after 10 p.m.

Arceneaux's girlfriend tried to revive him with CPR. He was transported to St. Charles Parish Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Champagne said the investigation is continuing. No arrests have been made.

"It's bizarre," said Sheriff's Office spokesman Capt. Pat Yoes. "We're still investigating it. But when you have violent horseplay like that, it just goes to show you that anything can happen."
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2012/04/destrehan_man_dies_while_wrest.html

Yikes.

image.php

:D

UberTag

That's the best shot I got during his entrance. Came in as a heel, talked trash to the crowd.
Wow, perhaps I stand corrected. Although it could still have been a test run... it's highly unusual for them to tape all 3 Superstars matches at RAW and they've already got R-Truth vs. Heath Slater and The Usos vs. Tyler Reks & Curt Hawkins on deck.

Frankly, I don't think anyone should be debuting on Superstars.
RAW or Smackdown (following vignettes).
Pay-per-views.
Heck, even NXT. These are all fine choices.

Superstars? No.

RBH

So, Lesnar is only coming back for 35 appearances a year? Most of which will be used to build WM 29? Damn, that's a bummer. At least this gives creative less of a chance to fuck it up.

35 appearances is actually alot more than I was expecting from Lesnar.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
This is what Lesnar looked like for his fight with Overeem last year. If he can get into this shape, I'd be impressed.

lesnar-vs-overeem-ufc-141.jpg

Brock will get in shape again. This guy was cutting 30lbs in a week for UFC fights. Also

f4wonline.com said:
Due to outrage from the real Marines, WWE has pulled Randy Orton as the star of the third "Marine" movie.

The WWE admitted to tmz.com that the company made poor judgment and apologized to the marines for casting Orton, who deserted the marines twice and served 38 days in military prison before he was signed by WWE

lol

G-Fex

After watching a few Smackdown clips to see what the chants were all about.

SO I PLAY THIS CARD
changeofheart-o.gif

CHANGE OF HEART

Now I guess I'm sold on Bryan

I hope Orton gets the shit beaten out of him by some real Marines. Boring bum. And what hold does she have over his wife she looks like a Gilmore Girls watching classy women.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Brock will get in shape again. This guy was cutting 30lbs in a week for UFC fights. Also

lol
Are you saying he lost 30 pounds in a week? How do you not go into shock from that?

I hope Orton gets the shit beaten out of him by some real Marines. Boring bum. And what hold does she have over his wife she looks like a Gilmore Girls watching classy women.
The guy has made huge changes in his life over the past few years.

Aiii

So not worth it
After watching a few Smackdown clips to see what the chants were all about.

SO I PLAY THIS CARD
changeofheart-o.gif

CHANGE OF HEART

Now I guess I'm sold on Bryan

Late to the party mate. But all is well if you're on the bandwagon now.

Smackdown has consistently been the better show since January.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit @ the Orton news - wondered how that would pan out due to his desertion...

You know, I never really understood why WWE didn't continue with producing Starrcade's.

It was a great December event with tons of tradition, I know it wasn't WWE, but come on.

That and Bash at the Beach, loved those.

they dont do it because WCW fuckin sucked. nothing good came from there not even half of it's roster being more over than your son-in-law that you've been shoving down our throats for 13 years.

Are you saying he lost 30 pounds in a week? How do you not go into shock from that?

Alot of it is water weight and bulking during training to make sure your body has enough nutrients to heal itself during training. An intense amount of time being in a sauna and having blankets wrapped around you most of the time will take it out of you along with a high protein low carb diet the last few days. Your body can handle it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
they dont do it because WCW fuckin sucked. nothing good came from there not even half of it's roster being more over than your son-in-law that you've been shoving down our throats for 13 years.

YOU are a bad person for saying some of what you said.

jmdajr

I feel a little more appreciative of this thread. Yeah people bitch and moan but they truly love wrestling for all the awesomeness it can offer.

group hug*

Can someone point me towards some of Lesner's best work? As someone who started watching wrestling just as Lesner left, I haven't really gotten to see much of his work.

vs. Rock Summerslam 2002
vs. Undertaker HIAC
vs. Eddy No Way Out 2004

I remember him having great matches against Rey, Big Show and Benoit too but IDR the specifics. There are plenty more.

jmdajr

vs. Rock Summerslam 2002
vs. Undertaker HIAC
vs. Eddy No Way Out 2004

I remember him having great matches against Rey, Big Show and Benoit too but IDR the specifics. There are plenty more.

You can watch this on Netflix in The History of The Undertaker.
It was pretty good.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Don't bother looking up Batista's run. His face stuff was mostly terrible. That Lesnar DVD is really all you need to have, and he was like the best part of a pretty bad time in WWE.

This is correct. Sadly Batista's final DVD had NONE of his heel work on it. Truly the best thing ever. The second he turned on Rey, magic happened.

Shows why WWE will never make it as a film production company. Casting knowledge ... or lack of it.

Casting Hornswoggle in the Leprechaun remake shows they don't have a clue. It's bad about Orton because I think he would have been good in the role. Now they are gonna have to make Big Show the star of Marine 3 or something.

"Steve Austin ‏ @steveaustinBSR

Yes! Yes! Yes! RT @TobyEmery_TWE: @steveaustinBSR Is 'YES' todays 'WHAT?!'"

Stone Cold is great.

Top Bottom