• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

RBH

It'd be a shame if this page went without more WCW and Goldberg bashing. They both sucked, and their only good contributions were to the movie Ready to Rumble.
iLWgL5un88Zda.gif

NoRéN

To be fair Tensai was screaming 'Yes' as we'll during his match, they will assume it was for him. To be fair they let D.Bryan speak after the dark match if they wanted to 'bury' him as so many snarks think they wouldn't of allowed him to speak after the dark match. They wanted to get over his luck ran out on the PPV, so now we have the next evolution of the character the skilled ruthless aggression wrestler who doesn't rely on luck.

I fucken hope so. I really dislike his character at the moment. Give me Daniel Bryan refusing to win matches by anything other than submission. Open challenge, like The Masterpiece, but to the entire locker room.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So let's do a simple pros-cons of last night's Raw.

+ Lesnar looks like fun, kicked the hat
+ Lord Tensai is bitchin, can't wait to see another TENSAI TICKLER next week
+ Ziggler's good
+ Henry was back in his best form!

- Del Rio's return was ill-timed
- Cena's character change didn't even really start...if it will at all. Character change, folks, not heel turn
- Shouldn't Jericho have left?

Post yours.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
The crowd cheered who they liked, not all the heels. They liked Rock, Brock, Punk, Bryan, and Del Rio. Hardly booing the faces and cheering the heels.

Yes, but to point out where you mentioned Del Rio - Del Rio and Sheamus in the ring, DR cheers, Sheamus boos - yeah we know he isn't the greatest, and he squashed Daniel Bryan at the biggest WWE event of the year, but yeah.

NoRéN

+ Ziggler's good

- Cena's character change didn't even really start...if it will at all. Character change, folks, not heel turn

Post yours.

I like your list so I'll just go off it.

+Lesnar: very excited that he's back. F5 still looked good.
+Lord Tensai: Happy as well. Liked what I saw. But, I kind of hope they aren't giving him TKO gimmick. Wasn't that Ohno's in FCW? ...wait, Ohno/Lord Tensai Feud! They can try to go on a rampage and see who can knock out the most superstars.
+Ziggler: so good but damn! Don't break yourself being awesome.
+Great to see Henry at his best again. No more injuries, ok!

-ADR: was happy for his return. Was happy to not have to listen to anymore destiny bullshit. But, I was kind of hoping for a Daniel Bryan/Del Rio face off. I think that has potential on the mic and alot of potential in the ring. I know, two heel. But, I can dream, can't I?
-Cena: Cena, Cena never changes. *please read in Ron Pearlman's voice*
-Y2J: Yeah, what now?

It'd be a shame if this page went without more WCW and Goldberg bashing. They both sucked, and their only good contributions were to the movie Ready to Rumble.

Brock Lesnar is going to get demolished by Cena, and WrassleGAF's meltdown will be my sustenance.

I hope this is a joke post.

Linkified

NoRéN;36621685 said:
I fucken hope so. I really dislike his character at the moment. Give me Daniel Bryan refusing to win matches by anything other than submission. Open challenge, like The Masterpiece, but to the entire locker room.

Thing is his character is perfect now though but I see what they want to do.

I hope this is a joke post.

Everything I said in that post is 100% true. The first time I tried watching WCW, I saw someone named "Hardcore Hank" cutting a promo, laughed my ass off at the blatant copy of Holly, then changed the channel.

Ready to Rumble is the only time I enjoyed anything from WCW.

+ Ziggler's good

Post yours.

Everything was a positive, except the Sheamus situation, looked like it was hastily put together so Sheamus wouldn't get booed in a promo.
And Cena, my god, my hate for this character is so intense, I've never seen such a horrible wrestler that cuts the same promo every time for so long.

Pros:

Lesnar
Rock
Crowd
Jericho pouring alcohol on Punk and hittin him with the bottle

Cons:

No Daniel Bryan except a few second silent backstage segment
Daniel Bryan getting bypassed for Del Rio for a world title feud.
Cena still doing his same bullshit character.
Lord Tensai debut. Think it went on too long. Plus, they should have given him a manager that can cut promos for him.

Besides the pros this was an average Raw.

NoRéN

Pros:

Lesnar
Rock
Crowd

Cons:

Lord Tensai debut. Think it went on too long. Plus, they should have given him a manager that can cut promos for him.

I was hoping they would have given him a japanese ring announcer like Hassan had Daivari.

McNei1y

Pros:

Lesnar
Rock
Crowd

Cons:

I'll agree with this. I'm a Jerichoholic.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Everything I said in that post is 100% true. The first time I tried watching WCW, I saw someone named "Hardcore Hank" cutting a promo, laughed my ass off at the blatant copy of Holly, then changed the channel.

Ready to Rumble is the only time I enjoyed anything from WCW.

Beef, we're buddies but I cannot get past this hurdle. We need to talk. About WCW. Someday. We'll work through our differences.

May I present to you a match - an if it pleaseth thee, mayhap I shall be swayed to entreat upon thyself thou ye olde WCW matches of a different flavor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsfrelHa9rk&list=UUS-CXHjP-r_xDw8EkN-rsoA&index=75&feature=plcp

UberTag

The crowd cheered who they liked, not all the heels. They liked Rock, Brock, Punk, Bryan, and Del Rio. Hardly booing the faces and cheering the heels.
Yes, but to point out where you mentioned Del Rio - Del Rio and Sheamus in the ring, DR cheers, Sheamus boos - yeah we know he isn't the greatest, and he squashed Daniel Bryan at the biggest WWE event of the year, but yeah.
They didn't really like Del Rio so much as they liked Ricardo (both the man and what might possibly be his best ADR introduction yet), Del Rio's entrance theme, the car and chanting "SI SI SI". I'm not sure they cared for Del Rio himself much at all.

He was simply the benefactor of all of the cool amenities he brings with him and the fact that Sheamus was getting crapped on while he was in the ring.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I was hoping for him to be this amazing weeaboo. Still, I'm pretty happy with HIS performance. Riley...not so much. Feels like he doesn't fit just yet, surely he'll click with the right feud.

Can't wait to see Beef job to Goldberg and Lesnar in a handicap match on NWA.

They'll both argue over who should get the pin, which is when I'll kick one of them in the crotch and roll-up the other for the win.

Beef, we're buddies but I cannot get past this hurdle. We need to talk. About WCW. Someday. We'll work through our differences.

May I present to you a match - an if it pleaseth thee, mayhap I shall be swayed to entreat upon thyself thou ye olde WCW matches of a different flavor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsfrelHa9rk&list=UUS-CXHjP-r_xDw8EkN-rsoA&index=75&feature=plcp
LOL there's no way I'm watching a Disco Inferno match. Thank goodness for the Youtube Me app.

Know what's weird? No Impact spoilers leaked from last night's taping. Wonder if anyone showed up or if everyone went to Raw in Miami lol

Toki767

Know what's weird? No Impact spoilers leaked from last night's taping. Wonder if anyone showed up or if everyone went to Raw in Miami lol

The only thing about TNA to note from last night is that Steiner is no longer there. I'm sure Impact was non-eventful as always.

Jesus Beef. You are shitting on the greatest wrestling company with the richest history of all time. I may have to buy you the best of Monday Nitro.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus Beef. You are shitting on the greatest wrestling company with the richest history of all time. I may have to buy you the best of Monday Nitro.

He'll come around, I'll get him some Scott Norton and Buff Bagwell next for a little Vicious and Delicious action.

Cagey

Banned
RAW 4/2

YES's
- Jericho still in the picture!
- Henry/Punk match was great, and I'd love to see them keep working matches in the future.
- YES!
- Lesnar's back
- YES!
- Crowd
- Mark Henry's midmatch commentary has me rolling all the time. He's awesome.

NO's
- I don't understand the Sheamus/ADR thing beyond Sheamus needing someone to feud with in the short term, I guess?
- Cena's character, unless they're gonna gleefully feed him to a Brock Lesnar meatgrinder.
- WWE being so blindsided by the reaction to Daniel Bryan, and not audibling into a longer appearance (i.e. an appearance as long as his WM match).

Seems like the industry just can't keep anything a secret anymore, especially with the internet. Would have loved to see Lesnar pop up while being completely unaware of it.

Pros:
-The audience
-WWE Title match and Henry talking during match
-CM Punk getting WSS'd on the floor and coughing up blood, followed by Laurinaitis & Otunga mocking him from the stage, followed by Jericho pouring alcohol and breaking a bottle on his head
-Lesner F5'ing Cena
-Eve's cleavage
-Cole and Lawler
-Santino and Brodus dancing on the stage
-Del Rio and Ricardo's return and the "si" chant

Cons:
-Rock's promo ran too long
-Kofi Kingston match
-Miz Match
-Lord Tensai Match
-Punk calling Laurinaitis a "toolbox"

Kyoufu

I know some people were looking for some suggestions for Brock matches, besides the ones already listed, I'd add the Ironman match against Kurt Angle from the 9/18/2003 edition of Smackdown.

Here it is : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B_gHCLfXbA

On a side note, how amazing is it that they had matches like THIS on Smackdown. I also wonder if Lesnar is going to start tanning again

I miss Kurt Angle. :(

He should go into the HOF.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Seems like the industry just can't keep anything a secret anymore, especially with the internet. Would have loved to see Lesnar pop up while being completely unaware of it.

Well the Rock was kind of a surprise last year. But yeah mark outs would be even more EPIC if no one knew Lesnar was returning.

Kyoufu

Well the Rock was kind of a surprise last year. But yeah mark outs would be even more EPIC if no one knew Lesnar was returning.

How did nobody know Rock was returning? These wrestling sites always know who is coming back etc but they didn't say anything about Rock.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Henry/Punk really surprised me, was a very good match and showed that with the right opponent Henry can look really good in a ring. I was impressed with how long Henry lasted in a fairly intense and fast moving match (in comparison to how matches flow with most big men).
I'm glad it seems other people feel the same way.

The taping was last night? I thought it was tonight, or are they doing more than one night of taping shows this week?

They always do 2 weeks of tapings each set. One on Monday and one on Tuesday. Only thing I found is Rob Van Dam returned at the tapings last night, which sucks because I thought he was leaving.

Henry/Punk really surprised me, was a very good match and showed that with the right opponent Henry can look really good in a ring. I was impressed with how long Henry lasted in a fairly intense and fast moving match (in comparison to how matches flow with most big men).
I'm glad it seems other people feel the same way.

Henry has been fantastic this last year.

Pros
Crowd
Rock
Johnny Ace
Lesnar
Ziggler Bump
ADR
Punk Aftermath

Cons
Tensai
Cena
Cody

I actually liked half of Cena's promo after the "I lost but thats ok because rock is awesome" stuff

You put Cena in front of a hot crowd and let him have fun and he can be quite entertaining.

Also the more I think about it the more I am kind of sad the Rock won. It really should have been a pass the torch moment even if the crowd would have been pissed or at least it should have ended with a crazy ending that left it a draw like the lights turning off and turn back on with Rock on Lesners shoulders and he F5's him then Cena but I guess I understand why they did what they did. Having Cena lose was definetly the unexpected choice and leaves things in a interesting place for sure.

I just hope they have a plan for Rock to work with some other people on the Roster now. such a shame he was used only with Cena and Miz.

A Rock/Punk feud would be legendary. A Rock/Ziggler thing would be great as well.

Also no Triple H/Undertaker follow up was a bit dissapointing but I guess they will let Johnny go mad with power for a few weeks then have Trip's return and take over Raw.

Top Bottom