• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

I haven't heard what you guys thought about Sheamus getting booed hard last night.

i felt sorry for him. i'm not particularly sold on him yet, but he didn't deserve the full hate of the booking at Wrestlemania. i'm sure he didn't want to win the belt off a cheap shot in an 18 second curtain jerk.

sajj316

NoRéN;36625234 said:
Los Hombres Caballos!

Seriously .. Del Rio is Flair. Epico and Primo as the Andersons. Camacho as the muscle. Hunico .. I don't know but his ring name ends with o.

Large Latino crowd would eat it up!

Cagey

Banned
Hope Johnny Ace does something big for Smackdown. Also, wtf are they supposed to mean by People Power? Because nothing they've done is because of the people.

Big Johnny is the executive who wields People Power.

Thus, as the legal expert on the roster, Otunga is gonna head the People's Court, for people to get tried and convicted (sentenced to squash match against Mark Henry). GET HYPE.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
I haven't heard what you guys thought about Sheamus getting booed hard last night. Must have been akward for him, and Vince must have been legit angry backstage.

As is evident in the video I posted of the dark match, I booed the hell out of Sheamus along with everyone else. That being said, I have no problem with the fella. I don't particularly like the Irish Cena angle he's getting now, but it's early, so I'd normally let that slide. I don't even mind him getting the strap. I expected that.

What I do mind is Bryan getting dropped in 18 seconds flat. And that's what I was booing.

To be honest, I'd bet that even Sheamus was unhappy about it. Sure, he's the one who got the belt, but he didn't get to do anything more than a Brogue Kick at Wrestlemania. And he got shafted just as bad as Bryan did last year.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
NoRéN;36625234 said:
Los Hombres Caballos!

that would be fucking awesome. del rio would do wonders in a stable.

hell, there needs to be more damn stables....

sajj316

I felt bat for the fella last night because it was not his decision. Unfortunately there wasn't any on camera authority figure that makes these decisions for the smarks to lash out on. Vince would have gotten hell last night. Sheamus is taking the crowd heat.

somedevil

As is evident in the video I posted of the dark match, I booed the hell out of Sheamus along with everyone else. That being said, I have no problem with the fella. I don't particularly like the Irish Cena angle he's getting now, but it's early, so I'd normally let that slide. I don't even mind him getting the strap. I expected that.

What I do mind is Bryan getting dropped in 18 seconds flat. And that's what I was booing.

To be honest, I'd bet that even Sheamus was unhappy about it. Sure, he's the one who got the belt, but he didn't get to do anything more than a Brogue Kick at Wrestlemania. And he got shafted just as bad as Bryan did last year.

Yeah, its not his fault its Vince's fault for ending the match in 18 seconds. People came to wrestlemania to see there match and not a squash. When Bryan came out people wanted to see him and his lines at axxess where very long. So people wanted a 15 minute match and if Sheamus won I bet what happened Monday wouldn't of happened.

Instead they screwed both of them again in turn they screwed up Sheamus push because they blame Vince so they take it out on him and made Daniel Bryan the most over person in the company.

This post is so funny, because with as bad as the tag team division is now, this is very plausible
Well we already know that Flo-rida has the skills necessary, he can take down Heath Slater who was once one of the men considered a major threat to the safety of WWE superstars.
I'm sad now for remembering how much the Nexus stroyline got screwed up and the current lack of Wade Barrett.

Has someone hacked Beef's Gaf account?
Yeah it's strange, his recent posts in this thread I find myself agreeing with, how uncanny!

I haven't heard what you guys thought about Sheamus getting booed hard last night. Must have been akward for him, and Vince must have been legit angry backstage.

I was torn part of me has always liked Sheamus since his ECW days the other side was happy he got booed the fuck out. I still like Sheamus but as long as he hold the world title i want him booed out of every building he is in.

Let's do a test. How do you feel about Kane?

tumblr_m03diwFt4v1r2okwqo1_400.gif

I wish I still had the Kane avatar

Raw ended up with a 3.43, which is down from last years. Now the big question is what do they go to next week. I would assume Lesnar would keep the rating high another week, but you never know.

More Raw rating analysis from pwtorch

"WWE Raw on Monday, April 2 scored a 3.43 rating, up 12 percent from last week's 3.04 rating for the WrestleMania 28 lead-in. However, the night-after-Mania Raw rating was lower than the night after the Royal Rumble in January, which scored a 3.55 rating.

-- Raw averaged just over five million viewers with an average of 5.01 million viewers over the course of the two hours. It was the first Raw to surpass five million viewers since the Raw after the Rumble, which averaged 5.22 million viewers.

The first hour averaged 4.96 million viewers for Rock's farewell-for-now promo and Raw increased slightly to an average of 5.07 million viewers in the second hour for John Cena's hyped promo and Brock Lesnar's surprise return.

-- Another comparison is last year's Raw after WrestleMania scored a 3.82 rating. The show averaged 5.60 million viewers (10 percent decline in 2012) on an average of 5.42 million first hour viewers and 5.78 million second hour viewers.

-- On cable TV Monday night, Raw ranked #1 in overall viewers and #1 in key male demos. Raw was #2 among teen males and key adult female ratings were up about one-tenth of a rating compared to usual weeks.

Raw's demographic ratings were very similar to the Raw after the Rumble episode. The only difference was Monday's Raw was up two-tenths of a rating in teen males 12-17. However, Raw remains almost one full rating point below the same-week-2011 level.

Caldwell's Analysis: There's a lot here. By cable TV standards in 2012, it's a good rating, but not good enough for the Raw-after-Mania. Raw continues to be hurt by the lack of teen male viewers, costing Raw a few tenths-of-a-rating each week. Also, the lack of a major jump in the second hour - albeit above five million viewers - suggests the audience is soft on John Cena and damage may have been done to Cena as a draw over the past year-plus. That remains to be seen once they get Cena away from The Rock.

The NCAA Title game is always a factor going up against the Raw-after-Mania. But, the gap between this year's Raw-after-Mania compared to last year and recent years is so wide that the NCAA Title game appears to have had just the "usual effect," and this is more indicative of less interest in Raw and less demand to watch Raw live on USA Network. (It will be interesting to see if there's strong DVR viewing for this episode.)

As for a potential indicator for the WrestleMania buyrate, does a 12 percent week-to-week increase in the overall rating indicate many casual viewers did not order Mania and tuned in for the fall-out to see what happened? Potentially. We may not know until the buyrate figures come in."

knee

GAF-- I'm in, NxT HASN'T STARTED, but the YES chants already have.

564476_10150783515587619_583927618_11819498_1075667898_n.jpg

Taken from my seat. I'm the black guy in the Santino shirt. My back is to the TV camera.

I read something like this on another site and it makes me think about a few things. Paraphrased:

“It really says a lot about Cena that they have to bring out The Rock and a legit superstar fighter to make him break a sweat. That’s how far and away he is above the rest of the current roster.”

And that’s true. Lesnar is one of those guys that fans talk about in awe. He was a once in a generation talent and he managed to rise to the top of a legitimate sport. THAT is what they had to bring back to give Cena a real challenge.

Think about that for a bit.

Bowser

More Raw rating analysis from pwtorch

"WWE Raw on Monday, April 2 scored a 3.43 rating, up 12 percent from last week's 3.04 rating for the WrestleMania 28 lead-in. However, the night-after-Mania Raw rating was lower than the night after the Royal Rumble in January, which scored a 3.55 rating.

-- Raw averaged just over five million viewers with an average of 5.01 million viewers over the course of the two hours. It was the first Raw to surpass five million viewers since the Raw after the Rumble, which averaged 5.22 million viewers.

The first hour averaged 4.96 million viewers for Rock's farewell-for-now promo and Raw increased slightly to an average of 5.07 million viewers in the second hour for John Cena's hyped promo and Brock Lesnar's surprise return.

-- Another comparison is last year's Raw after WrestleMania scored a 3.82 rating. The show averaged 5.60 million viewers (10 percent decline in 2012) on an average of 5.42 million first hour viewers and 5.78 million second hour viewers.

-- On cable TV Monday night, Raw ranked #1 in overall viewers and #1 in key male demos. Raw was #2 among teen males and key adult female ratings were up about one-tenth of a rating compared to usual weeks.

Raw's demographic ratings were very similar to the Raw after the Rumble episode. The only difference was Monday's Raw was up two-tenths of a rating in teen males 12-17. However, Raw remains almost one full rating point below the same-week-2011 level.

Caldwell's Analysis: There's a lot here. By cable TV standards in 2012, it's a good rating, but not good enough for the Raw-after-Mania. Raw continues to be hurt by the lack of teen male viewers, costing Raw a few tenths-of-a-rating each week. Also, the lack of a major jump in the second hour - albeit above five million viewers - suggests the audience is soft on John Cena and damage may have been done to Cena as a draw over the past year-plus. That remains to be seen once they get Cena away from The Rock.

The NCAA Title game is always a factor going up against the Raw-after-Mania. But, the gap between this year's Raw-after-Mania compared to last year and recent years is so wide that the NCAA Title game appears to have had just the "usual effect," and this is more indicative of less interest in Raw and less demand to watch Raw live on USA Network. (It will be interesting to see if there's strong DVR viewing for this episode.)

As for a potential indicator for the WrestleMania buyrate, does a 12 percent week-to-week increase in the overall rating indicate many casual viewers did not order Mania and tuned in for the fall-out to see what happened? Potentially. We may not know until the buyrate figures come in."

I think this may have had more of a factor than this guy is thinking - last year we had UConn vs Butler in an absolutely HORRENDOUS game to watch (seriously, it was a bad, bad, BAD game). This year had a marquee matchup between two of the sports' blueblood programs in a much better game.

I read something like this on another site and it makes me think about a few things. Paraphrased:

“It really says a lot about Cena that they have to bring out The Rock and a legit superstar fighter to make him break a sweat. That’s how far and away he is above the rest of the current roster.”

And that’s true. Lesnar is one of those guys that fans talk about in awe. He was a once in a generation talent and he managed to rise to the top of a legitimate sport. THAT is what they had to bring back to give Cena a real challenge.

Think about that for a bit.

When you spoon feed an entire generation of wrestlers to Cena, that is what it takes to get anyone excited about him. The Rock or Lesner.

And that Cena is so far above the entire fucking roster that you have to bring back your previous big stars for fans to buy into Cena maybe facing a challenge.

Hey guys, guess what? Courtesy of Geek, but guess who Brock said was the strongest guy in the WWE when he was there? Lol

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/11/10/1806823/brock-lesnar-reminisces-of-favorite-wwe-moments
Is it weird that I sort of marked out simply reading that revelation? (yes) You know what maybe i'll actually get hype for Lesnar if he gets to face his demon, the devil's favourite demon.

ANGER

HATRED

embrace the hate etc...

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Is it weird that I sort of marked out simply reading that revelation? (yes) You know what maybe i'll actually get hype for Lesnar if he gets to face his demon, the devil's favourite demon.
A Kane Lesnar feud would be great, because it's rare that we get a GOOD big man feud. It's also something that they've never done before.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
YES! YES! YES!

YES!

Do it for BillRiccio, for krae_man, for me, and all the other WrasslemaniaGAFfers that couldn't follow you to Smackdown!

YES!

Do it for every Bryan fan who can't stop smiling when that chant happens!

YES!

Do it for all of us that can't be there!

YES!

Do it so loud that they can't drown the crowd out with their own piped in crap!

YES!

Guzim

YES!

Do it for BillRiccio, for krae_man, for me, and all the other WrasslemaniaGAFfers that couldn't follow you to Smackdown!

YES!

Do it for every Bryan fan who can't stop smiling when that chant happens!

YES!

Do it for all of us that can't be there!

YES!

Do it so loud that they can't drown the crowd out with their own piped in crap!

YES!

Hopefully it's not just a bunch of seagulls when the show airs.

Top Bottom