• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

UberTag

Eve will become his new girlfriend.

OH GOD
AJ and Eve should come out to the ring and kick Daniel Bryan in the crotch after he loses each week on television.
He'll always fall for it like Zack. It'll be so funny.
Then Vince will offer Brie a 100K to dump D-Brine in real life and join in with the other girls.
Then they can force him to eat meat on television because he's such a loser vegan.
And Cole will trash him on the mic like before because that was all so hilarious.

AJ and Eve should come out to the ring and kick Daniel Bryan in the crotch after he loses each week on television.
He'll always fall for it like Zack. It'll be so funny.
Then Vince will offer Brie a 100K to dump D-Brine in real life and join in with the other girls.
Then they can force him to eat meat on television because he's such a loser vegan.
And Cole will trash him on the mic like before because that was all so hilarious.

0wBZx.jpg

The only thing that is going down is PPV buys. TV ratings are steady.

Go look at their ratings history. Ratings for the after Mania show were down 11%. The go home show before Mania was down something like 20% and only did a 3.0. Brock might help in the short term, but we all saw how they killed Rock as a ratings draw. Whose to say they won't do the same to Brock, if he is a draw at all? He was a mma draw on ppv, but not on tv. He was never a draw in WWE. Guaranteed ratings hit mid 2s sometime this year. You can save this post.

Kyoufu

Go look at their ratings history. Ratings for the after Mania show were down 11%. The go home show before Mania was down something like 20% and only did a 3.0. Brock might help in the short term, but we all saw how they killed Rock as a ratings draw. Whose to say they won't do the same to Brock, if he is a draw at all? He was a mma draw on ppv, but not on tv. He was never a draw in WWE. Guaranteed ratings hit mid 2s sometime this year. You can save this post.

What was their rating for last year's post-WM RAW? Wasn't it higher on Monday?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Oh yes, he was. Plenty of my friends tuned in back then, just to see him. They killed him, though, when they turned him heel the second time and made him a cowardly heel, to an extent.

Until he starts jobbing on Superstars there is no reason to panic right now. Guys need to chill, smarks is the main reason he got his job back and title run in the first place. He needs to be a heel that's over, anything else will ruin his character right now.

agreed. he doesn't need the belt to make it happen either. if they want to keep it on Sheamus, so be it. it's not like it's worth anything any more.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
agreed. he doesn't need the belt to make it happen either. if they want to keep it on Sheamus, so be it. it's not like it's worth anything any more.
I think people are more upset with them already editing out the crowd's responses, which indicates the direction they may be heading in.

Kyoufu

Raw before Mania 2011 - 3.84

Raw after Mania 2011- 3.82

Raw before Mania 2012 - 3.0

Raw after Mania 2012 - 3.4

Hot damn. How does that even make sense? It's always weird. Good RAW shows we see get low ratings yet the downright awful ones have high ratings. WM27 was TERRIBLE, yet the post -WM RAW got a 3.8 rating...... what the fuck lol

UberTag

I think people are more upset with them already editing out the crowd's responses, which indicates the direction they may be heading in.
Historic WWE booking patterns should have been enough to tell you this would be the case even before tonight.

There should be no apologists for Vince.
The "let's see where they're going with this" card no longer applies.
We KNOW exactly where they're going.

Hot damn. How does that even make sense? It's always weird. Good RAW shows we see get low ratings yet the downright awful ones have high ratings. WM27 was TERRIBLE, yet the post -WM RAW got a 3.8 rating...... what the fuck lol

Rock was a draw then. They killed Rock as a rating draw this year with their stupid fucking booking. It's only going to get worse and worse. Bringing Brock Lesnar in is putting a bandaid on a gunshot wound.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Ratings are usually predicated by what goes on LAST WEEK. People don't tune in every week, and go "this is a good show, I will now watch." It's based on their good experience. The WWE puts on an inconsistent quality product, so people sporadically tune in.

it took Punk years to get over properly in the WWE (ie with Vince's approval), but he finally did, and they may have finally cut his balls off, but he's still over, is still great on the mic and great in the ring, even if his edge is almost totally gone.

Punk was in the same spot once. Remember when he was screwed over for Bobby Lashley? Vince will wave his ego around and bury Bryan, and so long as Bryan doesn't stop wrestling, and doesn't magically start sucking in the ring and on the mic, Vince will plan a build for him and then claim all the credit for it.

eitherway we end up with DB where he deserves to be.

i mean, there are other possibilities, but that one is one i've seen happen a few times. DB has finally reached critical mass. his push can only be delayed at this point. two years from now, DB is bigger than Sheamus and the company isn't fighting it anymore.

i fucking hope so anyway

bill0527

Just finally got caught up with the last 48 hours of WWE wrasslin.

So they bring in Lesner to feud with Cena.

But Cena already looks like a weak chump for getting beat by the Rock at WM.

Would have made more sense to put Cena over at WM so he'd look stronger against Lesner.

You guys think Lesner's return is going to culminate with him challenging the Streak at next year's WM?

Cena gets the belt going into next year's WM and we get Cena v Rock II with the title on the line?

I thought for sure The Rock's 'vision' was going to be him challenging the streak, but that went in an unexpected direction when he said it was for him to have the belt again.

So we know Rock will be in the title picture at next year's WM and that takes him out of the picture to challenge the streak. Lesner is the only one who makes sense to challenge UT, so that leaves us with Rock v Cena again.. but WAIT.. where does HHH inject himself into these main even scenarios, because you know he will.

mymindisfulloffuck.gif thinking about all this.

Just finally got caught up with the last 48 hours of WWE wrasslin.

So they bring in Lesner to feud with Cena.

But Cena already looks like a weak chump for getting beat by the Rock at WM.

Would have made more sense to put Cena over at WM so he'd look stronger against Lesner.

You guys think Lesner's return is going to culminate with him challenging the Streak at next year's WM?

Cena gets the belt going into next year's WM and we get Cena v Rock II with the title on the line?

I thought for sure The Rock's 'vision' was going to be him challenging the streak, but that went in an unexpected direction when he said it was for him to have the belt again.

So we know Rock will be in the title picture at next year's WM and that takes him out of the picture to challenge the streak. Lesner is the only one who makes sense to challenge UT, so that leaves us with Rock v Cena again.. but WAIT.. where does HHH inject himself into these main even scenarios, because you know he will.

mymindisfulloffuck.gif thinking about all this.

i think i prefer the thought of Rocky getting the belt BEFORE Mania and losing to Cena in a title match at Mania next year than the thought of Rocky getting a title shot at Mania against champ Cena that he clearly won't win.

i mean, the thought of him winning the rumble is cool and all, but i'd like to see him get one more title.

evil ways

Aren't we jumping the gun on edited crowd reactions? We don't even know what they'll do for SD until it airs.
They edited the Raw footage with Sheamus and Del Rio for the SD tapings, and chances are they told Bryan to stop it with the Yes! while on camera, which is why he only did it during a commercial break.

UberTag

i blame it on that nerd daniel bryan

keeping upcoming and coming stars like hhh, rock and taker down
It's clearly D-Bry's fault.

Good thing we have another army of giant men getting pushed to ensure that doesn't happen again: Tensai, Ryback, Funkasaurus, Brock... I'm sure Mason Ryan will get another push shortly, as well. And it would appear they've stopped buying Mark Henry.

The only non-giant men allowed to get meaningful wins going forward will be CM Punk, Jericho, Santino, Sin Cara and The Miz. And occasionally Del Rio before tours of Mexico.

They edited the Raw footage with Sheamus and Del Rio for the SD tapings, and chances are they told Bryan to stop it with the Yes! while on camera, which is why he only did it during a commercial break.
After this week, Bryan will probably be banned from doing YES! chants even while off-camera.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Good thing we have another army of giant men getting pushed to ensure that doesn't happen again: Tensai, Ryback, Funkasaurus, Brock... I'm sure Mason Ryan will get another push shortly, as well. And it would appear they've stopped buying Mark Henry.

The only non-giant men allowed to get meaningful wins going forward will be CM Punk, Jericho, Santino and The Miz.

After this week, Bryan will probably be banned from doing YES! chants even while off-camera.

Ratings from pre/post WM from last year and this year speak for themselves.

Miz > D Brine.

The only non-giant men allowed to get meaningful wins going forward will be CM Punk, Jericho, Santino, Sin Cara and The Miz. And occasionally Del Rio before tours of Mexico.

They can do what ever they want, but us fans can let it be known that they can't she us up.

It wouldn't make much sense for him to be coming out shouting yes right now anyway. As far as storyline is concerned at least.

Top Bottom