• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

Kaladin

We'll see how it plays when it airs. BTW, I saw myself on the titontron next to Bryan's head during that interview, I couldn't resist doing a few Yes chants while the camera was there to get that screenshot Friday.

I daresay it's his act that got the YES! chants over. He should not just fall straight out of character because it caught on.

Just imagine if Austin stopped flipping people off because it caught on.

Vince loves this kind of stuff, it's gonna sell tons when he starts printing it on everything. I very highly doubt he wants to kill it off.

Exactly. People keep saying Vince is "throwing money away". He fucking loves money. If this stays hot - which it likely will - I'll bet anything we'll be seeing a "YES! YES! YES!" t-shirt/caps/bands in a month or so (or maybe longer - does anyone know how long it normally takes a shirt to go from idea to design to shops?). You don't think he sees hot crowds and has visions of all of those people doing that with $10 red foam pointed fingers with "YES!" on them?

Ozone

We'll see how it plays when it airs. BTW, I saw myself on the titontron next to Bryan's head during that interview, I couldn't resist doing a few Yes chants while the camera was there to get that screenshot Friday.
They'll edit you out and replace you with a Sheamus fan.

Exactly. People keep saying Vince is "throwing money away". He fucking loves money. If this stays hot - which it likely will - I'll bet anything we'll be seeing a "YES! YES! YES!" t-shirt/caps/bands in a month or so (or maybe longer - does anyone know how long it normally takes a shirt to go from idea to design to shops?). You don't think he sees hot crowds and has visions of all of those people doing that with $10 red foam pointed fingers with "YES!" on them?

Invasion Angle. Nexus. Summer of Punk. All of those were pure moneymaking angles that Vince squandered. The faith that you have in him is astounding.

Jamie OD

HHH WILL NOT BE BEATEN!!

voBZV.jpg

WWE is not good with numbers. Remember the whole 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania thing.

Invasion Angle. Nexus. Summer of Punk. All of those were pure moneymaking angles that Vince squandered. The faith that you have in him is astounding.

I still give WWE shit - Kane/Cena, Christian, Rise and Fall of Zack Ryder, the Bryan squash, Rey going over Punk 2/3 times (hell, the SES in general). But this really doesn't quite feel like that. There's nothing to suggest that the chants are going to stop, because people are still gonna chanting or Bryan getting a reaction. He's still gonna get over. Hell, he already IS over.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Any footage of the YES! chants at the Heat game? Also heres to hoping this spreads like wildfire outside of wrasslin since it would force Vince to give Bryan a push right?!

UberTag

I still give WWE shit - Kane/Cena, Christian, Rise and Fall of Zack Ryder, the Bryan squash, Rey going over Punk 2/3 times (hell, the SES in general). But this really doesn't quite feel like that. There's nothing to suggest that the chants are going to stop, because people are still gonna chanting or Bryan getting a reaction. He's still gonna get over. Hell, he already IS over.
Those people will eventually forget about "18 Seconds Gate".
The chants will dissipate with Brian no longer saying the magic word on television. And without smart mark crowds all congregating in one place.
Brian will get jobbed out in embarrassing fashion and he'll simply revert to being "just another guy" who you feel ashamed to have once purchased merchandise for.
Just like Zack Ryder.

Heck, in just 24 hours they've taken his girl away and had him tell his fans that he'll take YES YES YES chants as a personal insult.
That to chant YES is to disrespect Bryan and is the modern day equivalent of chiming YOU SUCK along with Kurt Angle's old entrance music.
Sure screams damage control to me.

There's nothing to suggest that the chants are going to stop, because people are still gonna chanting or Bryan getting a reaction. He's still gonna get over. Hell, he already IS over.

Vince has ended chants once before, and I guarantee he'll do everything in his power to do it again.
I tend to think they are making money from Punk right now.

On Vince's terms, yes. Just imagine how much more money he could've made if he didn't step in.

steveovig

Vince has ended chants once before, and I guarantee he'll do everything in his power to do it again.

On Vince's terms, yes. Just imagine how much more money he could've made if he didn't step in.

I don't know. Probably not a lot more. Punk's in a good spot right now, better than before and I don't think he'd be any higher or more over if they had done things different.

I'm guessing the "he" you're talking about is HHH. Seeing as Vince was what Punk was raging against that summer, he was pretty necessary. The Game, however, wasn't.

Guys, wait until D-Bry's entrance theme has a "YES! YES! YES!" sound clip at the start of it...... thats when we'll know we're supposed to enjoy it.

Cranky: "Not until I TELL THEM TO GAWD DAMMIT!"

Until then lets hope the crowds just keep ruining his show by chanting over everything until we get what we want lol. *dreams*

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
The Smackdown crowd wasn't the RAW crowd....but they were hot for Bryan, at least until
he accused them of mocking him with the Yes chants. He actually said if they were truly supporting him, they wouldn't have chanted Yes for The Rock. I don't get it. You've got the hottest thing since at least CM Punk last summer and you try to kill it on the next show?
Fuck this company.
What in the name of the fuck...

I don't understand how a company like this wouldn't jump at the opportunity to cash in on this. Are the ego's in the back really that massive? "YOU GET OVER WHEN I SAY YOU GET OVER AND HOW I WANT YOU TO GET OVER"

I mean for fucks sakes man.

And just like that, the honeymoon's over. Back to crappy normal WWE where nothing's organic, and nobody gets over except Cena and returning "superstars" on one year contracts.

Nelo Ice

Banned
And just like that, the honeymoon's over. Back to crappy normal WWE where nothing's organic, and nobody gets over except Cena and returning "superstars" on one year contracts.

At least Cena's new gimmick is getting the crap beat out of him by returning "superstars".

UberTag

Until then lets hope the crowds just keep ruining his show by chanting over everything until we get what we want lol. *dreams*
That really would be an amazing development. I'm not holding my breath, though.

The next string of live WWE televised audiences will hail from...

April 9th - Washington, DC [RAW]
April 10th - Hampton, VA [OLD SCHOOL SMACKDOWN]
* ENGLAND TOUR including tape delay RAW in London *
April 23rd - Detroit, MI [RAW]
April 29th - Chicago, IL [EXTREME RULES]
April 30th - Dayton, OH [RAW]
May 7th - Greensboro, NC [RAW]
May 14th - Pittsburgh, PA [RAW]
May 20th - Raleigh, NC [OVER THE LIMIT]
May 21st - Richmond, VA [RAW]

Aiii

So not worth it
That really would be an amazing development. I'm not holding my breath, though.

The next string of live WWE televised audiences will hail from...

April 9th - Washington, DC [RAW]
April 10th - Hampton, VA [OLD SCHOOL SMACKDOWN]
* ENGLAND TOUR including tape delay RAW in London *
April 23rd - Detroit, MI [RAW]
April 29th - Chicago, IL [EXTREME RULES]
April 30th - Dayton, OH [RAW]
May 7th - Greensboro, NC [RAW]
May 14th - Pittsburgh, PA [RAW]
May 20th - Raleigh, NC [OVER THE LIMIT]
May 21st - Richmond, VA [RAW]

If it doesn't fully catch on now, which is a probability, it probably will after Extreme Rules. People got a schooling on Monday on what to chant and when and they will get a good reminder from the Chicago crowd.

Plus, the UK crowd is always good for smark chants.

Linkified

I daresay it's his act that got the YES! chants over. He should not just fall straight out of character because it caught on.

Just imagine if Austin stopped flipping people off because it caught on.

Vince loves this kind of stuff, it's gonna sell tons when he starts printing it on everything. I very highly doubt he wants to kill it off.

Exactly if you tell people to stop doing something, people will keep doing it more and more - smarks will chant it because they are smarks, and regular fans will chant it to pis of D.Bryan.

Vince knows this he is a smart business man.

Aiii

So not worth it
Wow that was great. Best part was when he got all giddy because Cena was about to to the people's elbow and then he did the arm motions, and then the quick change in mood.

So satisfying. Thank you Cena for doing the job to Rock.

I guess it's still real to him, damnit!

antonz

Even Bret is chiming in on all the yes chants. Bryan is basically getting shafted now because Alberto Del Boring is back and they feel they need to push him to the stars.
@BretHart
Very glad the fans were vocal in their displeasure of one of the best wrestlers on the roster being jobbed out in 18 seconds.

Aiii

So not worth it
If anyone knows about getting screwed, it's Bret.

The thing is, Bret had an alternative, he could spit in McMahon's face, tell him to go to hell and move on to WCW. Sure, in the end it didn't matter, but where's Bryan gonna go? TNA along with the drug addicts and FE-club?

He could go to ROH and go back to working for 1/20th of his current paycheck and performing in front of 1000's max until he's broken and become a mailman afterwards or something.

Nope, he has to sit back and take it. Kudos to the guy for taking it in stride.

Smackdown spoilers:
And fuck WWE for breaking AJ and Bryan up, they were the best duo in at least a decade

If anyone knows about getting screwed, it's Bret.

The thing is, Bret had an alternative, he could spit in McMahon's face, tell him to go to hell and move on to WCW. Sure, in the end it didn't matter, but where's Bryan gonna go? TNA along with the drug addicts and FE-club?

He could go to ROH and go back to working for 1/20th of his current paycheck and performing in front of 1000's max until he's broken and become a mailman afterwards or something.

Nope, he has to sit back and take it. Kudos to the guy for taking it in stride.

Smackdown spoilers:
And fuck WWE for breaking AJ and Bryan up, they were the best duo in at least a decade

they were, but one thing i'll say is this:

it would be a bit uncomfortable for all concerned to have the crowd cheering misogyny like they did post RAW last night. i don't think they had too much choice there.

Aiii

So not worth it
they were, but one thing i'll say is this:

it would be a bit uncomfortable for all concerned to have the crowd cheering misogyny like they did post RAW last night. i don't think they had too much choice there.

Easily fixed:
Turn AJ heel. She proved in FCW she can be a good heel. And over the past few month she proved she can act better then 90% of the roster. Now she's back to square 1, NXT. They won't even put Beth on TV anymore, so what hope is there for AJ?

Linkified

Easily fixed:
Turn AJ heel. She proved in FCW she can be a good heel. And over the past few month she proved she can act better then 90% of the roster. Now she's back to square 1, NXT. They won't even put Beth on TV anymore, so what hope is there for AJ?

Lets wait for the story to play out:
Who knows she may try and get Bryan's attention by winning Divas Championship and beat up Sheamus.

I also really think Bryan doesn't give a fuck if he wrestles for 18 seconds or 30 minutes as long as he makes a ton of cash.

Aiii

So not worth it
Lets wait for the story to play out:
Who knows she may try and get Bryan's attention by winning Divas Championship and beat up Sheamus.

I also really think Bryan doesn't give a fuck if he wrestles for 18 seconds or 30 minutes as long as he makes a ton of cash.

Fair enough, we'll wait and see. But this is WWE, I have low expectations and hopes.

But really? That's why he declared Wrestlemania the worst night of his wrestling career?

He loves his job, it's his life. Of course he cares when at the biggest show ever he gets to lose his chamionship in 18 seconds in the opening match.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Smackdown! Spoilers have me depressed.

I don't really care for Bryan, but the fact that they're making him try and neuter the crowd is so stupid. Sucks for someone who could have been so over. Only a matter of time before he's in the minority matches with Truth/Otunga/Henry.

Tensai means disaster? It does not. It means prodigy. Or is it a homonym in Japanese?

In Ireland University, we are thought that "Tensai" means Disaster. Also Farts are funny and Turbans also go in glass boxes - due to how important they are. Sheamus also hits his chest to signal spirits of some kind or maybe as a mating call.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Tensai means disaster? It does not. It means prodigy. Or is it a homonym in Japanese?

You have to look at the kanji...it means "natural disaster."

When I first heard the name I thought they were going for "Lord Prodigy/Genius" too. :)

Top Bottom