• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

You guys are getting to smarky. He is a HEEL of course they are going to edit shit out. They have been doing it day 1 with every non live show. As some one else said it makes zero sense for him to be hopping around chanting yes after he jobbed in 18 seconds. I dont get this 'turn him face hes so over !!' when 95% of the time they flop at it....Mvp, Kennedy, punk, Christian, etc...And it has nothing to do with booking, they just suck at being a face.

DMczaf

Dark 8 man tag match...Cena, Orton, Show, and Sheamus vs D-Bry, Kane, Mark Henry, and Cody Rhodes

Everyone hits finishers, Cena pins Cody.

Best part was D-Bry and Henry doing the YES! Chants together...

Nation 2.0

Dead Man

You guys are getting to smarky. He is a HEEL of course they are going to edit shit out. They have been doing it day 1 with every non live show. As some one else said it makes zero sense for him to be hopping around chanting yes after he jobbed in 18 seconds. I dont get this 'turn him face hes so over !!' when 95% of the time they flop at it....Mvp, Kennedy, punk, Christian, etc...And it has nothing to do with booking, they just suck at being a face.

You don't have to get boos to be a heel.

UberTag

EskimoBrothers.jpg

Anth0ny

Historic WWE booking patterns should have been enough to tell you this would be the case even before tonight.

There should be no apologists for Vince.
The "let's see where they're going with this" card no longer applies.
We KNOW exactly where they're going.

The funny thing is, we THINK we know exactly where they're going (Cena is the exception), but instead, they go in a totally radical direction with angles that NO ONE could have predicted...

But are utterly retarded at the same time. I swear creative is obsessed with the element of surprise, no matter how stupid the idea is. It's WRESTLING. Sometimes (NOT ALL THE TIME), the best idea is something everyone wants to see.

DaMan121

[image]http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1019894/normal_418548_177328645717522_100003211647976_297242_973140076_n.jpg[/image]

Getting a HJ in public... nice!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Man, Daniel Bryan starts a worldwide craze and WWE wants to end it because it isn't what they want. SMH

The amazing thing is it isn't even like Zack Ryder where he made a concerted effort to do this.

Daniel Bryan is suddenly massively over because of something WWE did!

They don't want you to like Daniel Bryan! He is a nerd and a geek. You are supposed to love Sheamus! He's so cool with his irish folklore stories and bountiful supply of limes. Now
they are trying to make him into the cool badass face by having him attack the ref on Smackdown

Tensai is a big guy I will support 100%. He looks convincingly tough, and has a good moveset. If they manage to screw this up, I don't even

UberTag

Tensai is a big guy I will support 100%. He looks convincingly tough, and has a good moveset. When they manage to screw this up, I don't even
Fixed. C'mon Net_Wrecker. You know this to be the truth.
At least in the short-term the best case scenario is that they'll only have him mow through the parade of jobbers once without going through repeats like they did with the Funkasaurus.

Incidentally, the camerawork on that finisher was first-rate. Ringside camera dude deserves a raise.

At least in the short-term the best case scenario is that they'll only have him mow through the parade of jobbers once without going through repeats like they did with the Funkasaurus.

Well judging by Laurinitis' hint afterwards, he's going to be programmed into a feud with CM Punk. Most likely Tensai costs Punk the title in Chicago.

GQman2121

Banned
What's this limited moveset you guys are mentioning? They're telling guys not to do certain moves like piledrivers and other high risky stuff?

Incidentally, the camerawork on that finisher was first-rate. Ringside camera dude deserves a raise.

Tensai? More like ten jobs.

You sanamaguns, I'm still on dat "good show high" from Raw. STOP TRYNA BRING ME DOWN, DAWGZ.

Buncha negative cynical smarks up in dis piece.

evil ways

Well judging by Laurinitis' hint afterwards, he's going to be programmed into a feud with CM Punk. Most likely Tensai costs Punk the title in Chicago.
Well at least Punk won't expose him by calling him Albert/A-Train, saying he's not really from japan, and that the kanji on his face are fake and painted on.

[/Cena]

So was the crowd live tonight @ Smackdown?

Should I bother watching?

(I love how the crowd, not the wrestlers, are dictating whether or not I tune in)

Wasn't Will Sasso involved in wrestling before?

Ahh yes:

Professional wrestling

Sasso is a professional wrestling fan, and has made appearances with multiple American pro wrestling promotions.

Sasso engaged in a worked shoot angle with former world champion wrestler (and fellow Canadian) Bret Hart, which began on February 6, 1999 during Hart's second guest appearance on MADtv. In a sketch lampooning the election of Jesse Ventura to gubernatorial office, Hart "broke character" and attacked the cast members for making light of wrestling, apparently injuring Sasso. He then appeared in a later episode at the curtain call during the ending credits and again attacked Sasso in an "unscripted" assault. Sasso then appeared at ringside during the February 8, 1999 episode of WCW Monday Nitro, where Hart again attacked him. Sasso retaliated by interfering in Hart's match against Roddy Piper, causing him to lose the match. This led to a grudge match on the February 15, 1999 episode of Nitro, where Sasso appeared with castmate Debra Wilson, who turned on Sasso, making it a one-sided match.
Sasso's impersonation of Stone Cold Steve Austin impressed the WWF so much that they asked him to be part of the February 7, 2002 episode of WWF SmackDown!, appearing alongside Chris Jericho and Austin himself, as a means to promote Austin's upcoming "MADtv" appearance. Sasso also appeared in the audience at WrestleMania X8, and can clearly be seen in the front row during the match between Ric Flair and the Undertaker.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Sasso

Kaladin

The Smackdown crowd wasn't the RAW crowd....but they were hot for Bryan, at least until
he accused them of mocking him with the Yes chants. He actually said if they were truly supporting him, they wouldn't have chanted Yes for The Rock. I don't get it. You've got the hottest thing since at least CM Punk last summer and you try to kill it on the next show?
Fuck this company.

The Smackdown crowd wasn't the RAW crowd....but they were hot for Bryan, at least until
he accused them of mocking him with the Yes chants. He actually said if they were truly supporting him, they wouldn't have chanted Yes for The Rock. I don't get it. You've got the hottest thing since at least CM Punk last summer and you try to kill it on the next show?
Fuck this company.

Are you really surprised? NO NEW STARS MADE.

Also, still no Impact spoilers. Fuck it's scary going into an Impact blind not knowing what's going to happen.

Kaladin

Also, still no Impact spoilers. Fuck it's scary going into an Impact blind not knowing what's going to happen.

The guys that normally do them (and trust me, it's usually the same guys) were probably too burned out from the Mania events to go to Impact.

The only spoiler I've seen is one of the TNA employees saying the EY/ODB wedding took place inside a steel cage and some of the wrestlers said the crowd was insane tonight on twitter. Nothing came out about this week's show. I guess everyone went to Raw/Smackdown instead lol

UberTag

What's Impact?

Incidentally, I'm thrilled this unplanned angle getting over is being promptly diffused so I can ignore wrestling and focus on the NHL playoffs next week without distraction.

Be sure to keep me posted on anything notable from RAW. I won't be watching.

Anth0ny

Fuck this company.

What a shitty feeling that must be for Bryan.

gFCH8.jpg

"You need to go out there tonight and try and nip this whole YES chant business right in the bud. Make them feel like crap for supporting you. You're supposed to be a heel right now, we need Sheamus over DAMN IT!"

Fuck this company.

Wouldn't that make sense since he's still playing the elitist heel?

Anyway, it's not like they're gonna stop chanting "YES". The "smart marks" who still root for D.BRY will still chant for him, and the people who don't like him will do it believing that it will antagonize him.

Aiii

So not worth it
I daresay it's his act that got the YES! chants over. He should not just fall straight out of character because it caught on.

Just imagine if Austin stopped flipping people off because it caught on.

Vince loves this kind of stuff, it's gonna sell tons when he starts printing it on everything. I very highly doubt he wants to kill it off.

Top Bottom