• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

I didn't like the article, but I find myself perpetually trying to look at the WWE from an outsider's perspective. And it never works well! I think peoples' opinions are important, especially ones that have been gone a long time, but that article just felt like an Attitude-era shill who was in it for the wrong reasons.
i don't know how they fix that, but 'memorable characters' isn't an area in which the WWE is lacking right now i don't think. i think he equates 'no one with face paint' with no memorable characters.

Aiii

So not worth it
Of course if you randomly watch a show you're not gonna know who each character is the whole time. Did you really think you'd be able to differentiate between all the blonde long-haired wrestlers in the late 90's? Come on, give me a break.

Whatever show you try to watch, it'll take some time to know everyone's names and looks, that has nothing to do with how they look now, they look as people look in 2012, the wrestlers in the late 90's look different from the ones in the 80's too, times and accepted looks change.

Sjees.

jmdajr

i don't know how they fix that, but 'memorable characters' isn't an area in which the WWE is lacking right now i don't think. i think he equates 'no one with face paint' with no memorable characters.

I mean it's no longer the 80s or WWE New Generation era. But it's not like Attitude Era had that many gimmicks. Heck old school wrestling didn't have that many gimmicks either. It was just you know.. dudes from that era.

I mean it's no longer the 80s or WWE New Generation era. But it's not like Attitude Era had that many gimmicks. Heck old school wrestling didn't have that many gimmicks either. It was just you know.. dudes from that era.
exactly. like i said, i think he just misses face paint. which match did he struggle to tell the wrestlers apart in? even the tag match featured very distinct looking people.

maybe you could confuse a few of people on the heel team of the tag match at mania... but that's it. there's no way you'd confuse anyone in any of the other matches, and there's no way you'd confuse anyone on the face team of the tag match with each other, or with one of the heels.

he claims he frequently lost track of who was who. i have to say bullshit to that. Punk / Jericho was the match with the two closest guys in size and shape, and one of them is covered in tattoos and one isn't.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
NoRéN;36643233 said:
So Orton ain't gonna be in the next Marine movie?

Nope, TMZ reports that due to outrage from REAL Marines (the ones he deserted) it was a mistake casting him in that role and have yanked him.

With good reason. That's pretty shameful shit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It really boggles my mind how even Randy decided to OK it. Hell, I heard he gets some shit for just going to Tribute to the Troops due to what he did. I think last year was his first time out there. Really foolish...

d-bry3.gif

We're AJ, everything is gonna be ok WrassleGaf. We'll get through it somehow.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
having the WHC and the WWE title is a bit of a problem, but pretending that it isn't obvious which one is more prestigious based on watching Wrestlemania is a bit laughable.

i can't imagine which one was more important. the one that was given 18 seconds at the start of the show, or the one that was given more than 15 minutes right beneath the main event? i just can't possibly figure it out.

It sounds like he hasn't watched WWE since the 90's so he probably doesn't know about the brand split and how each show has it's own titles.

I do agree with him with in that this WM had pretty lackluster feuds.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Apart from that match and the El Generico opener, the rest of that card was complete shit.

Oh and the little kid getting in Haas's face was awesome too.

The Steen match was pretty good, but after his performance on Day 1, it was a disappointment. I thought Jay Lethal's match was pretty good as well.

That last match really was something though.

G-Fex

oh D-Bry.

btw, NWA fans any of you around? I wanted to let you guys know I might have a show tonight(Called in sick again)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Aw shit guys, since Mania and Raw are finished now, let's do our FAVE FIVES! Make sure you list some reasons with a synopsis!

1. Cody Rhodes
2. David Otunga
3. Mark Henry
4. Lord Tensai
5. John Cena...so help me god

Oh man quite the shakeup. I'll explain #5 first, since that's insane.

Cena is good on the mic when he isn't acting silly. That's all. I enjoyed his promo the other night, and I'm looking forward to where they take him. THAT'S ALL I MEANT.

Tensai looks like a lot of fun and I'm a Giant Bernard fan so that kinda skews my rankings. I'm confident his character will die quickly, but I can't help the bias!

Mark Henry and Punk put on a great match on Raw - which isn't the easiest thing for Mark to do. Instead of any kind of squash we saw a well-worked match with lots of good spots and ring psychology, and immediately restored Mark's credibility. Love his outfit now.

David Otunga continues to impress me in every way. No bib this week though.

Cody Rhodes still looks incredibly strong after being beaten. Nobody on the roster is as well rounded as him, imho.

Yours?

WWE turned another one

"Maven Huffman, the first season winner of WWF Tough Enough, was arrested on Monday on charges of using multiple doctors (aka doctor shopping) to gain prescriptions to controlled substances. The practice is against Florida law.

In Huffman's case, the authorities allege that he was using three Florida doctors to obtain prescriptions to Oxycodone and Hydrocone, scoring an estimated 1,000 pills. Huffman used multiple pharmacies to fill the orders.

Huffman was part of the first Tough Enough reality series cast when the show was airing on MTV. He worked on the WWF roster from 2001-2005, including winning the WWF Hardcore title at Wrestlemania 18, and since then has done some acting and work with the Home Shopping Network as an on screen host.

Huffman, 35, faces up to five years in jail, according to www.tmz.com, which broke the story. He is currently out on $2000 bond."

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WWE turned another one

"Maven Huffman, the first season winner of WWF Tough Enough, was arrested on Monday on charges of using multiple doctors (aka doctor shopping) to gain prescriptions to controlled substances. The practice is against Florida law.

In Huffman's case, the authorities allege that he was using three Florida doctors to obtain prescriptions to Oxycodone and Hydrocone, scoring an estimated 1,000 pills. Huffman used multiple pharmacies to fill the orders.

Huffman was part of the first Tough Enough reality series cast when the show was airing on MTV. He worked on the WWF roster from 2001-2005, including winning the WWF Hardcore title at Wrestlemania 18, and since then has done some acting and work with the Home Shopping Network as an on screen host.

Huffman, 35, faces up to five years in jail, according to www.tmz.com, which broke the story. He is currently out on $2000 bond."

Ouch. Also: One Thousand Pills

G-Fex

Now Orton as a Marine reject and this publicity will make him a much better face ....

little girls don't care about Orton the Dishonorably discharged Marine. They care about Orton the slim jim looking mofo whom they can crush on.

Aw shit guys, since Mania and Raw are finished now, let's do our FAVE FIVES! Make sure you list some reasons with a synopsis!

1. Cody Rhodes
2. David Otunga
3. Mark Henry
4. Lord Tensai
5. John Cena...so help me god

Oh man quite the shakeup. I'll explain #5 first, since that's insane.

Cena is good on the mic when he isn't acting silly. That's all. I enjoyed his promo the other night, and I'm looking forward to where they take him. THAT'S ALL I MEANT.

Tensai looks like a lot of fun and I'm a Giant Bernard fan so that kinda skews my rankings. I'm confident his character will die quickly, but I can't help the bias!

Mark Henry and Punk put on a great match on Raw - which isn't the easiest thing for Mark to do. Instead of any kind of squash we saw a well-worked match with lots of good spots and ring psychology, and immediately restored Mark's credibility. Love his outfit now.

David Otunga continues to impress me in every way. No bib this week though.

Cody Rhodes still looks incredibly strong after being beaten. Nobody on the roster is as well rounded as him, imho.

Yours?

Right now I can't even begin to imagine a fave Five.

Ah what the hell

in no particular order

Mark Henry
Dolph Ziggler
Lord Tensai
Daniel Bryan
Jeff Hardy

RBH

0404-maven-huffman-muug-ex-1.jpg

Former "Surreal Life" star Maven Huffman -- a former WWE superstar -- was arrested in Florida on Monday after cops say he was "doctor shopping" to get his fix of painkillers.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... cops uncovered Huffman had gone to 3 doctors in 2 weeks and scored multiple prescriptions for Oxycodone and Hydrocodone.

35-year-old Huffman allegedly went to multiple pharmacies to fill his prescriptions -- in what appears to be a ploy to conceal his activity. In total, cops believe Maven scored more than 1000 pills.

Maven -- who was released on $2,000 bond -- faces up to 5 years in prison if convicted of doctor shopping.
http://www.tmz.com/2012/04/04/maven-huffman-arrested-prescription-drugs-oxycodone/

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
http://ll-media.tmz.com/2012/04/04/0404-maven-huffman-muug-ex-1.jpg[img]

[url]http://www.tmz.com/2012/04/04/maven-huffman-arrested-prescription-drugs-oxycodone/[/url][/QUOTE]

Excellent, now I have a recent to post his theme: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjSNxyLx5Hs[/url]

UberTag

FAVE FIVE {WWE ONLY}

1) Daniel Bryan
2) Cody Rhodes
3) Dolph Ziggler
4) CM Punk
5) Mark Henry

Still not drinking the Otunga coffee. Sorry!

Aiii

So not worth it
1. D-Bry (YES!)
2. Cody Rhodes (Guy has come into his charcter so well, he's the next big thing)
3. Ziggler (Solid, hopefully he'll get that final push soon)
4. AJ (50% of D-Bry's heel run is her doing, so fuck it, push this girl WWE!)
5. Punk (toned down maybe, but his matches make up for it, esp. the bouts with Bryan.)

UberTag

It was a crappy show. Just watch Raw.
Top 3 wrestling-related items to watch on Wrestlemania weekend:

1) Monday Night RAW (for the crowd)
2) Ring of Honor Showdown in the Sun Part 2 (only for Richards vs. Elgin)
3) Wrestlemania XXVIII

There's something very wrong about that.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Top 3 wrestling-related items to watch on Wrestlemania weekend:

1) Monday Night RAW (for the crowd)
2) Ring of Honor Showdown in the Sun Part 2 (only for Richards vs. Elgin)
3) Wrestlemania XXVIII

There's something very wrong about that.

The absence of DGUSA shows on that list is borderline criminal. The second iPPV was great, and the first one was good from what I heard (I was at RoH Part 1 at the time). Hell, even the pseudo-house show special with CZW was a pretty good time.

FyreWulff

Don't these guys realize doctor shopping is extremely traceable? Probably going to find out later that all his pharmacies were within 3 blocks of each other.

Top Bottom