• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

Anth0ny

Doing the maths.....

If we count the random musical performances + promos + match + aftermath Rock/Cena took just under a hour.

Basically 1/4th of the entire WM card was for that match.

Thats a lot of time.

I was reading an article about Wrestlemania 2000. That was pretty much the peak of the Attitude Era. Behind the scenes, Vince was asked about celebrity involvement and who he wanted to appear at the show. This was in MSG, mind you. Vince replied, "I don't want any celebrities. Our performers are the celebrities." If you remember, there were no celebrities or performances at that show, besides Michael Clark Duncan in the front row, and Pete Rose getting tombstoned by Kane.

What the fuck happened? I know WWE is not doing even half the business it was doing during the Attitude Era, but those musical performances were ridiculous.

jmdajr

HulkHoganH.jpg

UltimateWarriorTitanSports1.jpg

JakeRoberts1990.jpg

I had all of those. With the ring. Fun times!

Oh, and I still have this packed away:

$(KGrHqV,!jkE8FzF+ZRbBPLwIeJpQw~~60_35.JPG

I have that Jake Roberts one! Why? Because I could never find Warrior and Hogan :(

G-Fex

I had the Warrior one.

And I want to buy more figures. Need to get me that new DDP figure that's coming out.

New DDP Figure :O

I love my WWE Rumblers figures

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/Pescado/97601714.jpg

I still haven't been able to find Rhodes, Barrett, or Sin Cara anywhere. :(

I really want those :( Especially the money in the bank set.

Seeing them at my store makes me :(

They had like a hell in a cell with Cena and Miz for 20 bucks, it was hard not picking it up :(

So in just my viewing of Wrestlemania and the following Raw and getting up to speed on this thread, it appears that the WWE is seriously sabotaging one of their most popular draws right now (Bryan) and they've apparently completely neutered CM Punk who used to be just as over as Bryan is now. So I guess the WWE's current business model is all about shitting on its fans or something then? Just watching those two shows and reading about all the funny business going down is frustrating enough, I don't know what drives a fan to continue to support the WWE when the organization clearly doesn't give a shit.

I really want those :( Especially the money in the bank set.

Seeing them at my store makes me :(

They had like a hell in a cell with Cena and Miz for 20 bucks, it was hard not picking it up :(

I had a ton more, but with a baby on the way I've gotta clear out a lot of crap. The HBK figure looked awful and was stuck in a stupid superkick pose and I threw out an Evan Bourne because he's horrible. I also had like three Sheamus figures because they're only sold in two packs.

It pisses me off that they show some of these guys in commercials and then never release them. I want Rhodes, Sin Cara, and Barrett, damn it! They haven't even made Ryder or Ziggler, but Hornswoggle has had like two releases.

Hogan looks like is doing the Teddy Long pose.

XD

G-Fex

I had a ton more, but with a baby on the way I've gotta clear out a lot of crap. The HBK figure looked awful and was stuck in a stupid superkick pose and I threw out an Evan Bourne because he's horrible. I also had like three Sheamus figures because they're only sold in two packs.

It pisses me off that they show some of these guys in commercials and then never release them. I want Rhodes, Sin Cara, and Barrett, damn it! They haven't even made Ryder or Ziggler, but Hornswoggle has had like two releases.

XD

Oh yeah I saw that bummer

I wanted these two figures it was Morrison and Edge, they were seperate, I don't remember if they were those Rumblers. I think they were.

They were on clearance too..DAMN

Anth0ny

So in just my viewing of Wrestlemania and the following Raw and getting up to speed on this thread, it appears that the WWE is seriously sabotaging one of their most popular draws right now (Bryan) and they've apparently completely neutered CM Punk who used to be just as over as Bryan is now. So I guess the WWE's current business model is all about shitting on its fans or something then? Just watching those two shows and reading about all the funny business going down is frustrating enough, I don't know what drives a fan to continue to support the WWE when the organization clearly doesn't give a shit.

Apparently.

Stone Cold Steve Austin was a heel. He was supposed to be the bad guy the fans hated. Instead, they thought the shit he did was awesome and started to get behind him. Could you imagine if Vince told him to stop doing the middle finger? That shit wasn't PG.

I guess that's what happens with you have viable competition. You actually try to put out a quality product.

They have a perfect opportunity to take Bryan and make him face (and sell a TON of merchandise in the process), and turn Sheamus heel. People are PISSED about that Mania match. Every wrestling fan I know despises Sheamus right now. If I was a little Jimmy, I'd be pissed too. That match told me nothing about Sheamus. He caught Bryan off guard with a bro kick and pinned him. Awesome.

They want you to cheer who THEY want you to cheer. To them you can go fuck yourself otherwise. If fans were going ape shit for Big Zeke or Mason Ryan or any other jacked up piece of shit they tried to push they would make sure you saw alot more of them. Austin, Rock, New Age Outlaws, etc would have NEVER happened with the mindset they have today.

Has it been reported that some ESPN reporter said that WM did 1.9 million buys? Told you guys it would do amazing.

http://www.wrestleview.com/viewnews.php?id=1333565639

This guy is wrong. There can't be any data out on buys this early plus he is even wrong about them expecting 1.5 million. At first they were expecting 1.3 and then lowered that expectation to 1 million the week before. I am curious how much the Comcast $9.95 thing increased buys though.

No point in defending wrestling. The people that don't like it never will. I don't even mention to people outside of the internet that I like wrestling to save myself the embarassment and weird looks I'll undoubtedly get.

jmdajr

No point in defending wrestling. The people that don't like it never will. I don't even mention to people outside of the internet that I like wrestling to save myself the embarassment and weird looks I'll undoubtedly get.

I am ok with them not liking it. Just be nice not to be treated like a complete idiot.

G-Fex

Yeah same thing.

Then again I don't talk to anyone in real life.

Only heard of CM Punk and Daniel Bryan. Who are those other jobbers?

Ambrose is the future of the WWE, unless Vince decides to pull a Bryan.

A great match against Regal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtAi9zbVc_w

An a great promo calling Regal out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMjYU87aI5o&feature=related

This was one of my favorite feuds, shame FCW is dead, and by the looks of things this feud is also dead.

El Generico is a great luchador, and one of the most over guys on the indies:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0ihls4MsdY

And Tozawa is my favorite Japanese wrestrler;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCO6WfHaUqE&feature=BFa&list=PL4792609A0057052C&lf=results_video

And one of my favorite matches of last year, Tozawa vs Mochizuki:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP6uy1DskdU&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PLF9E40E6804073C08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axs-mpbG4WE&feature=BFa&list=PLF9E40E6804073C08&lf=results_video

Vince considers Ryback the future of the business. Vince, before his injury, seriously thought this guy was gonna be the #2 star behind Cena in WWE. He will get unlimited pushes and continually go over guys more deserving, because he is jacked and can bench 400lbs.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Vince considers Ryback the future of the business. Vince, before his injury, seriously thought this guy was gonna be the #2 star behind Cena in WWE. He will get unlimited pushes and continually go over guys more deserving, because he is jacked and can bench 400lbs.

This is the most depressing post I've ever read.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Yo fuck those people. Be who you are. Who gives a fuck if you like wrestling. They can say "OH WELL IT'S FAKE HURR DURR" You KNOW it is, you can respond by saying you love the athleticism involved.

I bet anyone that rags on you for liking wrestling probably likes something they won't admit to for the same reason.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Vince is stupid and doesn't know how to run a wrasslin company. I wish that the HHH taking over from McMahon thing was legit.

Dude fucks so many potential moneymakers up. He honestly thinks some vanilla, plain ass non-descript jacked up beefcake is going to be popular? No.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Yeah, but can he beat Kane in an arm wrestling contest? I think not!

If were talking wrestling figures I'm going to have to chime in. I have about 8 rubber made bins filled with wwf/wcw/ecw figures from about 87 till 02. Im so glad I saved it all because it will be part of my wrestling room one day. Ill take pics of the collection when I get home from work if anyone is interested.

G-Fex

"No one can beat The Stinger DDP!"

Goooldberg.

Hey, Dante is a real person

I've talked to him

IRL

Fair enough, I've know Jeff Hardy too, he's a real person. I think me and him have a psychic connection

If were talking wrestling figures I'm going to have to chime in. I have about 8 rubber made bins filled with wwf/wcw/ecw figures from about 87 till 02. Im so glad I saved it all because it will be part of my wrestling room one day. Ill take pics of the collection when I get home from work if anyone is interested.

Do it do it do it do it

Top Bottom