• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

ApqtGMACEAEHfoA.jpg

what's punk doing hanging out with that ass kisser?

He's 'one of them' now.

This is my second favorite thread right now.

I wonder why WWE doesn't push Punk and Bryan life styles in a positive way, they are perfect for the PG era, whit Punk they could work whit some anti-drugs/alcohol/cigarettes campaigns and whit Bryan on some healthy lifestyle anti-obesity campaign.
Instead they only use their lifestyles when they are heels and use it in a I'm better than you philosophy. No wonder they struggle so bad to create a new face.

I wonder why WWE doesn't push Punk and Bryan life styles in a positive way, they are perfect for the PG era, whit Punk they could work whit some anti-drugs/alcohol/cigarettes campaigns and whit Bryan on some healthy lifestyle anti-obesity campaign.
Instead they only use their lifestyles when they are heels and use it in a I'm better than you philosophy. No wonder they struggle so bad to create a new face.
It's because Vince is too busy snorting coke off a horse while eating a triple cheeseburger.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Who do you guys think is the most under appreciated wrestler in history? My vote would have to be Hayabusa. The guy literally sacrificed his body for a fledgling promotion in Japan, despite more lucrative offers to go elsewhere.

UberTag

Who do you guys think is the most under appreciated wrestler in history? My vote would have to be Hayabusa. The guy literally sacrificed his body for a fledgling promotion in Japan, despite more lucrative offers to go elsewhere.
I'll vote for Owen Hart. At least while he was alive.
The RAW that aired the night after the accident is still one of the most memorable ever.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I'll vote for Owen Hart. At least while he was alive.
The RAW that aired the night after the accident is still one of the most memorable ever.
I don't know if he's under appreciated. Most wrestling fans have never even heard of Hayabusa.

Joey Mercury. for what i hope are obvious reasons.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
What nerdy geeky thing can they make Bryan do on Smackdown? Maybe he can job to Hacksaw Jim Duggan after getting finger poked in the eyes by the 3 stooges on Raw.
It's just those dues man, they gotta be paid.

I'm sure HHH will be happy to help by placing his crotch over Bryan's head.

Got most of the collection out of the basement . I'll lay the stuff out and add the rest tomorrow but here is a sample.

2012-04-04195519.jpg

1st Gen Jakks figures

2012-04-04195604.jpg

2nd Gen Jakks figures

2012-04-04195623.jpg

LGN figures

2012-04-04195653.jpg

Hasbro figures

2012-04-04195712.jpg

Misc. WCW figures

2012-04-04195739.jpg

Mini figures, thumb wrestlers, POGS

2012-04-04195806.jpg

Bendable figures from the 80's and 90's

2012-04-04194621.jpg

WWF Magazines

2012-04-04195824.jpg

Kyoufu

What the fuck? Is this going to happen? Rock tweeted that image with the words "#KeepKickinAssChamp".

So Punk vs Rock is going to happen?

IS IT GOING TO HAPPEN?!?!?!?!

G-Fex

Bill you're amazing. That looks like hours of fun right there.

Damn man I remember I had one WWF magazine when I was a tiny boy watching Macho Man Hulkster and so on Wrestle on Saturdays.

I wish I bought more and kept them

Will be interesting to see if the crowds will stay on Bryan's side after this week.

With all the shows in post mania Miami this week I am sure the percentage of smark's was a lot higher then normal since it was probably people who went to WM and RAW + SD and people who felt they where robbed of a potentially great match from Bryan and Sheamus.

If they are still chanting "YES YES YES" next week in a new city then Vince has a problem on his hands because that means its spread out from one city and you just know Chicago will be on his side no matter what come Extreme Rules.

Honestly I haven't a clue what should be done now. They clearly miscalculated the fan response to that mania squash match.

Bryan probably shouldn't be turned face since he is such a awesome heel and they cant stop the "yes" chants because its basically merchandise waiting to happen.......

When was the last time there was a Fan favorite Heel? Nexus Punk I guess?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
What the fuck? Is this going to happen? Rock tweeted that image with the words "#KeepKickinAssChamp".

So Punk vs Rock is going to happen?

IS IT GOING TO HAPPEN?!?!?!?!
Punk holding the belt till then? Not sure if want.

Besides, I'd rather take Punk vs Stone Cold.

And if Cena becomes champ to face Rock again, fuckthiscompany.jpg

Punk holding the belt till then? Not sure if want.

Besides, I'd rather take Punk vs Stone Cold.

And if Cena becomes champ to face Rock again, fuckthiscompany.jpg
Punk feuds with Cena, loses WWE title. Rock wins Royal Rumble, but under controversial circumstances. Our favorite COO says it doesn't count, feuds with Rock and wins, setting up the long awaited Triple H vs. Cena rematch at WM 29.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Didn't you quit the WWE on Sunday after the Bryan debacle?

Are you back now?
Brock Lesnar revealed Plywood as the marky market he actually is.

Kyoufu

I think the only way Punk vs Rock will be compelling is if Punk turns heel again.

He did mention in an interview that they'll do Punk vs Cena again. Punk should just go back to heel IMO.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly

They already used the straight edge and vegan things... as heels.

Honestly, thinking about it in a PG environment it makes no sense.

I remember I used to have every issue of WWE Magazine and even subscribed to Vic Venom's newsletter(which apparently got cancelled before it ever came out, as I never got it in the mail and then mysteriously had an extra year of WWE Magazine) back in the 90s, but got in trouble and my dad beat my ass and threw away all my magazines, including all my EGMs, GamePro's, etc.

UberTag

I think the only way Punk vs Rock will be compelling is if Punk turns heel again.

He did mention in an interview that they'll do Punk vs Cena again. Punk should just go back to heel IMO.
But... but... but... heels can't sell merchandise.
That can't work at all.

... clearly nobody told Vince that the NWO sold plenty of shirts back in their dominant run in the late 1990s.

Bill you're amazing. That looks like hours of fun right there.

Damn man I remember I had one WWF magazine when I was a tiny boy watching Macho Man Hulkster and so on Wrestle on Saturdays.

I wish I bought more and kept them

Are they any bigger wrestling fans on this site than Sandman and Bill? Great collection there.

Sandman and Bill are great. How can we forget Bootaaay?

Thanks dudes it's nice to know peeps enjoy a collection most others would think is dorky. I'm lucky I still have all my stuff and nothing ever got thrown away. Can't wait till I have more space so I can have a room devoted to all this stuff.

I remember I used to have every issue of WWE Magazine and even subscribed to Vic Venom's newsletter(which apparently got cancelled before it ever came out, as I never got it in the mail and then mysteriously had an extra year of WWE Magazine) back in the 90s, but got in trouble and my dad beat my ass and threw away all my magazines, including all my EGMs, GamePro's, etc.

That is horrible dude. I would have freaked if my stuff would have gotten thrown away.

jmdajr

Got most of the collection out of the basement . I'll lay the stuff out and add the rest tomorrow but here is a sample.

2012-04-04195519.jpg

1st Gen Jakks figures

2012-04-04195604.jpg

2nd Gen Jakks figures

2012-04-04195623.jpg

LGN figures

2012-04-04195653.jpg

Hasbro figures

2012-04-04195712.jpg

Misc. WCW figures

2012-04-04195739.jpg

Mini figures, thumb wrestlers, POGS

2012-04-04195806.jpg

Bendable figures from the 80's and 90's

2012-04-04194621.jpg

WWF Magazines

2012-04-04195824.jpg

pretty cool man! thanks for sharing.

I have some of those wwf magazines.

IMAG0914.jpg

izakq

I just watched this right now....

need a bro hug :(

511v4bd7IXL.jpg

Yeah, such a great and hot territory, but damn, the death after death after death. So sad. I remember when Gino Hernandez had died and I saw it on the front page of the National Enquirer, of all places. Shocked me pretty good even though I hated the guy (as a mark).

WCCW was my gateway drug to wrestling. It was there that I got to see Ric Flair wrestle for the first time against Kerry Von Erich.

Top Bottom