• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

dolph-ziggler-monkey-flip.gif

I'm a better person for seeing this again, and so will you.

DMczaf

The kid directly to the left of Green Cena Kid was my favorite. When I stood up to cheer for Laurinaitis, he looked back at me, saw my shirt and engaged this conversation:

Him: “Boo! John Laurinaitis sucks!”
Me: “No he doesn’t, he’s gonna be the General Manager of Raw AND Smackdown!”
Him: “He sucks!”
Me: “His team’s gonna win this match!”
Him: “Nuh uh he sucks!” (continues doing double thumbs down at me)
Me: “Team Teddy is the one who sucks, have you seen who he picked for his team? Those guys are terrible! Team Johnny’s gonna win!”
Him: “He sucks!” (thumbs)

The great capper to the conversation is that when Miz got the win for Team Johnny, the first thing that kid did was look back at me with his eyes all welled up with tears. I remember how that feels. And I say “remember how that feels” like I didn’t spend 20 minutes with my head down and my back to the ring after Sheamus did his goddamn thing.

LOL!

DMczaf

I was wondering why they let Chris Jericho walk to the ring before playing the Punk vs. Jericho video package, but then CM Punk got the Ric Flair fireworks entrance and I figured it out (family style).

As that guy on the Internet who’s been watching local wrestling forever, it’s interesting to me that Daniel Bryan loses in 18 seconds on the same show CM Punk gets a fireworks parade and a victory in a “best in the world” match for the WWE Championship. Is it because he sat Indian style and spoke compellingly once? Ah well, I’m happy for him. Happy for both of them, really. I ran into Samoa Joe outside selling pretzels and he says he’s happy for them, too.

kGzM6.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
You guys are lucky I spent the entirety of Monday sitting around in an airport, because when it happened, my paragraph about the Daniel Bryan and Sheamus World Heavyweight Championship match read something like this:

ARE YOU F**KING KIDDING ME, I’VE BEEN FOLLOWING THIS GUY FOR 12 F**KING YEARS, HE’S THE BEST WRESTLER IN THE WORLD AND HE KEEPS GETTING OVER NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO TO HIM, EVERYONE LOVES HIM AND HE’S GREAT AND YOU FARTJOB HIM OUT TO F**KING SHEAMUS BECAUSE OF YOUR GODDAMN BODYBUILDER FETISH AND YOU’RE SO OBSESSED WITH CREATING MOMENTS THAT YOU DON’T GIVE A SH*T ABOUT WRESTLING FANS AND F**K YOU, I JUST PAID LIKE 200 DOLLARS TO SIT AND STARE AT A F**KING PALM TREE SCULPTURE WHILE THE ONLY F**KING WRESTLER I HAVE A LEGITIMATE F**KING EMOTIONAL CONNECTION TO GETS KICKED ONCE AND I’M SUPPOSED TO BELIEVE THAT’S IT AND WORTH THE PRICE OF MY TICKET

I AM GOING TO PULL DOWN MY PANTS AND TAKE A SH*T IN MY HANDS AND F**KING THROW IT AT YOU SO HARD IT DECAPITATES YOU, WHOEVER DECIDED THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA

FROM NOW ON I’M ONLY WATCHING PWG TAPES AND F**KING CHONO MATCHES, YOU EAT SH*T AND DIE AND STOP PRETENDING TO BE A WRESTLING COMPANY, CHANGE WWE NETWORK’S NAME TO THE DRUG-ADDLED PEOPLE WHO COULDN’T FINISH HIGH SCHOOL AND THE FAUX-TANNED WHORES NETWORK, I’M F**KING DONE WITH YOU

That describes roughly the first … let’s say 20 minutes after that 18-seconds-in Brogue Kick went down. Thankfully, I was with friends and there were no bridges within walking distance from which to throw myself. It felt like the most indescribably large middle finger to me — to me personally — ever. I wanted to leave. I really did. I wanted to say f**k it, leave WrestleMania and drive back to my hotel room, where at least sleep wouldn’t disappoint me.

Also thankfully, time and a few deep breaths help put things into perspective.

Best: The Silver Lining Of Where That 18 Seconds Took Us
daniel-bryan-entire-match.gif

That gif is the entire match, in case you missed it.

The crowd at WrestleMania loved Daniel Bryan. We loved him before he showed up, and we loved him after he lost. That carried into Monday night, where the YES~ YES~ YES~ chants took on a life of their own, and Bryan was forced to be namechecked by guys like Cena and personally address the crowd.

It’s common knowledge, but as much as we like to believe they do, wins and losses don’t really matter in pro wrestling. The emotional connection I feel to Danielson when I see him wrestling doesn’t go away when something bad happens, and I’m stupid for letting myself get caught up in it and scream about it. He’s going to be fine. He’s the best wrestler in the world, and eventually every single person who pulled that “he’s a vaniller midget he’s boring dur-hur” thing over the last two years will be wearing his t-shirt. Punk was fine, Danielson will be fine. It’s fine.

It’s fine.

(I was really upset.)

Kudos to Brandon for that. It's fine. Bryan will be okay. It's fine.

Aiii

So not worth it
I will too, provided it doesn't look like something nobody would ever wear in public.

Have both Punk-shirts because I have no problem wearing them in public. (Although it helps nobody in The Netherlands watches wrestling and knows who CM Punk is).

If they do a design like that then sure, give me that shirt. A stylized drawn Bryan doing the Yes-sign with YES! in between his arms for instance.

If it's a print-photo of Bryan with YES! on the back, that's another story. Though I might just buy it to convince McMahon of putting Bryan back in the main event forevers!

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So Vince is still doing the thing where he doesn't take advantage of what people actually like, but tries to force them to like what he wants them to like?

G-Fex

Don't poor teddy shit, he's the idiot that's probably going to give Bryan a hard time.

Please tell me this new found love of Jeff Harvey is some kind of gimmick.

New found? Jeff is a legend. Always liked him...just missed a lot of his matches.

Got that covered, eagerly awaiting his dvd via mail.

so hey, did we all hear about Alistair Overeem failing a random drug test for PEDs?

I wonder how Brock feels about it? Now we know his last loss was to a cheat.

Aiii

So not worth it
so hey, did we all hear about Alistair Overeem failing a random drug test for PEDs?

I wonder how Brock feels about it? Now we know his last loss was to a cheat.

To be honest, Brock would've lost anyway, the guy just wasn't good to go, his illness made him lose the match, not Overeem's skill or muscles. I doubt he really cares now that he has his shitload-of-money-1-year-contract with WWE.

Funny because that last infamous thread was calling wrestlers roid heads.

it's also funny to think that Vinnie would give Overeem a shot in the WWE in a heartbeat. I'd almost like to see that, just for the irony of it given the stuff Reem said about Brock.

Yup.

Wait, is that why plagiarize is here, he followed us from that thread?

no. i crawled in after Mania, and prior to the best RAW in ages. I spent most of monday reliving Mania by reading through the wresslegaf mania thread (it took six hours) and decided that you guys were the sort of guys i could enjoy posting with, rather than just reading.

i'm not a wrestling expert, but i do enjoy it, and go to live wrestling events and everything. i've met Foley, RVD and Roddy Fucking Piper out of my heroes.

G-Fex

no. i crawled in after Mania, and prior to the best RAW in ages. I spent most of monday reliving Mania by reading through the wresslegaf mania thread (it took six hours) and decided that you guys were the sort of guys i could enjoy posting with, rather than just reading.

i'm not a wrestling expert, but i do enjoy it, and go to live wrestling events and everything. i've met Foley, RVD and Roddy Fucking Piper out of my heroes.

Ah okay welcome here.

Jon I see what you're trying to do.

All I see is a winner, a winner being attacked by that Phony CM Punk.

Lunchbox

Banned
and decided that you guys were the sort of guys i could enjoy posting with, rather than just reading.

oh you "decided" and suddenly think youre accepted around these parts buddy?

go pay your dues in the corner and get burried a few times first, then watch some hentai with frankman and spindashing and may be we will think about it

Aiii

So not worth it
Ah okay welcome here.

Jon I see what you're trying to do.

All I see is a winner, a winner being attacked by that Phony CM Punk.

All joking aside, Edge & Christian always were better then the Hardy Boyz, even way back when.

Top Bottom