• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

Kaladin

I'm watching RAW for the first time. This crowd is simply amazing. It gave me chills being a part of it live, but watching it back it really is like no other WWE crowd I've seen in the modern era.

Love the "Yes, yes, yes, yes OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO yes!" for Punk.

evil ways

I'm quite okay with Cult of Personality. This Fire was getting stale after 5 years.

One person who is in dire need of a new popworthy theme though? This guy:
yes.gif
Fuck no. The current metal version fits perfectly not just with the character but the Yes Yes Yes chants from fans.

RBH

Pro wrestling outfit TNA Entertainment has pinned down a multi-year extension with Spike TV that could include additional television projects beyond its weekly Impact Wrestling series, according to Dixie Carter, TNA Entertainment president.

Spike, which debuted TNA programming in 2005, will remain the exclusive home for TNA programming - including the wrestling company's Thursday night weekly series Impact Wrestling -- as part of the deal.

Terms of agreement were not disclosed.

TNA's Impact Wrestling has delivered strong viewership ratings for Spike over the past seven years. The series, which features such wrestlers as Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Jeff Hardy, Kurt Angle, Sting, James Storm and Rob Van Dam, is averaging 1.7 million viewers thus far in 2012, ranking it among the male-targeted network's most watched series.

Carter told Multichannel News that the Spike extension will further help build the 10-year old TNA through additional branding opportunities, although she would not reveal specifics. Carter didn't rule out the possibility of another TNA-based show on Spike or additional TNA-branded TV projects.

"We look forward to working with Spike to help us build and extend the TNA brand," Carter said.

The deal comes on the heels of TNA's announcement that it will distribute a June pay-per-view event marking the company's 10th anniversary. The event, Slammiversary 2012, will air June 10 and will originate from the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex arena, the company said.
http://www.multichannel.com/article/482755-TNA_Re_Ups_With_Spike.php

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Punk sold out.

(where does it say he hated it?)

I don't have the link handy but I've definitely read it as well. Which is a shame, the song works great. Though I did like his old South of Heaven days...

SoulPlaya

more money than God
So, I drive a good deal to a nice quiet library to take a practice MCAT test, and the damn website is down. My life is joke WrassleGAF. :(

UberTag

I'm watching RAW for the first time. This crowd is simply amazing. It gave me chills being a part of it live, but watching it back it really is like no other WWE crowd I've seen in the modern era.

Love the "Yes, yes, yes, yes OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO yes!" for Punk.
It was quite simply the most euphoric and engaging live audience for a televised wrestling event in the past decade. And you were a part of making it happen.

Shame that Vince is ashamed of being a wrestling promoter and loathes wrestling fans who tell him what's over so naturally all of the highlights from this week will be edited to drain all of that amazing energy away.

(I'm still not buying the news about a T-Shirt until it actually happens as it flies in the face of how Smackdown was booked on Tuesday.)

Batista is the man who can bring change and glory.

i'd rather they bring up Claudio (Antonio Cesaro) as a heel. he's going to work so well within the WWE style. having dozens of variations on one recogniseable thing is almost tailoured to work well.

i haven't seen any of his work as Antonio, but he's still doing every variation of a european you can imagine right?

Kaladin

Is it just me, or did Alberto Del Rio get a huge babyface pop on his return? I'm not just talking about the Si chants either.

Linkified

i'd rather they bring up Claudio (Antonio Cesaro) as a heel. he's going to work so well within the WWE style. having dozens of variations on one recogniseable thing is almost tailoured to work well.

i haven't seen any of his work as Antonio, but he's still doing every variation of a european you can imagine right?

Well in theory you could bring Cesare and Ohno up as a tag team and be D.Brine's YES men.

Well in theory you could bring Cesare and Ohno up as a tag team and be D.Brine's YES men.

'Ohno' ranks up there with the worst ring names i've heard. they better repackage him. the only thing that would be worse is if he debuts with green hair and a purple outfit.

Linkified

'Ohno' ranks up there with the worst ring names i've heard. they better repackage him. the only thing that would be worse is if he debuts with green hair and a purple outfit.

Actually it makes sense with the fact they are giving him a TKO gimmick, and the promo he cut in FCW was petty good. There are people on the current roster with shitty names, Alex Riley, McGuilaguity, Tyson Kidd. Ohno is good as hell a name.

And you know what name is worse than Cassius Ohno - Chris Hero.

Apparently Jose Canseco appears on Impact tonight and starts an angle with Hogan. Looks like they put that Scott Steiner money to good use.

G-Fex

Yeah, the only way we fans have to get a guy over permantly is by beating Cena's merc sales. Everyone that wants Bryan to succeed, buy! that! shirt!

And one for your momma too! YES! YES!

G-FEX'S PREDICTIONS OF THE DAY

D-Bry to be the next Cena

Knocking Tyson Kidd off to being the next Stone Cold

So, I drive a good deal to a nice quiet library to take a practice MCAT test, and the damn website is down. My life is joke WrassleGAF. :(
Well at least you took the initiative to do such a thing in the first place, that doesn't sound like the actions of a joke to me!

Is it just me, or did Alberto Del Rio get a huge babyface pop on his return? I'm not just talking about the Si chants either.
I would have popped for the entrance theme and Ricardo myself, maybe others were doing the same. On that note Ricardo was at the top of his announcing game on Raw.

Linkified

Yeah, the only way we fans have to get a guy over permantly is by beating Cena's merc sales. Everyone that wants Bryan to succeed, buy! that! shirt!

And one for your momma too! YES! YES!

Well no, your helping Bryan out fiscally though. If you want him to succeed permantly every city from here to MITB PPV has to keep chanting 'YES!YES!YES!' Which they will do as Bryan has really said to the audience every time you say 'YES!' your pissing me off. The audience will be all over it thinking they have pissed him off.

Top Bottom