• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

Aiii

So not worth it
Well no, your helping Bryan out fiscally though. If you want him to succeed permantly every city from here to MITB PPV has to keep chanting 'YES!YES!YES!' Which they will do as Bryan has really said to the audience every time you say 'YES!' your pissing me off. The audience will be all over it thinking they have pissed him off.

The only reason Cena has not been WWE Champ in over half a year or something is because Punk is still outselling him.

The only way to get recognition from Vince McMahon if you're not 300 pound of muscles is via his wallet.

UberTag

I would have popped for the entrance theme and Ricardo myself, maybe others were doing the same. On that note Ricardo was at the top of his announcing game on Raw.
The fans were popping for Ricardo (who exudes awesomeness), the entrance theme, the car, the surprise of the return and because Sheamus was interrupted after a mere 2-3 seconds.

In other words, everything about Del Rio that isn't Del Rio himself.

Aiii

So not worth it
I figured it was more of "Fuck you Vince, we'll sheer Del Rio before we'll sheer Sheamus now"-pop.

Sheamus is so bad he makes Del Rio look interesting.

And with this post I've just realised how horribly bland this feud is going to be, the characterless face Sheamus going up against someone who by all accounts should be a great heel but for some reason falls flat.

ADR is a strange one, he's good in the ring, has a solid gimmick, great entrance and theme with bonus ring announcer of greatness, capable of speaking well but it doesn't seem to come together. The fans are mostly apathetic towards him even when he's at his most villainous, his promos quickly became samey, he has had tons of title opportunities in his short tenure as well as title reigns and other accolades but he still doesn't feel like a big deal.
What's missing here? the lack of properly booked feud to build character?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
ADR is a strange one, he's good in the ring, has a solid gimmick, great entrance and theme with bonus ring announcer of greatness, capable of speaking well but it doesn't seem to come together. The fans are mostly apathetic towards him even when he's at his most villainous, his promos quickly became samey, he has had tons of title opportunities in his short tenure as well as title reigns and other accolades but he still doesn't feel like a big deal.
What's missing here? the lack of properly booked feud to build character?
1st is the bolded.

2nd is several times he was supposed to win because it was his destiny and his destiny got stalled for a year. He was tossed into main events feuds very quickly and I think if he won the belt early on it's possible he might've gained more reaction.

3rd would be his character hasn't changed.

Personally I would love a Del Rio v. Ricardo + Ascensione feud.

DMczaf

tumblr_m20e5hskPg1rt4k5qo1_250.gif

Does everyone sell like Cena in FCW?

Actually it makes sense with the fact they are giving him a TKO gimmick, and the promo he cut in FCW was petty good. There are people on the current roster with shitty names, Alex Riley, McGuilaguity, Tyson Kidd. Ohno is good as hell a name.

And you know what name is worse than Cassius Ohno - Chris Hero.

there are so many names that start with O that don't make a silly phrase though. every time i read it, i hear michael cole shouting 'OH NO!' and fake laughing hysterically.

his promos are good. his ring work is good. i just don't like the name. it just seems pre designed to be made fun of. Chris Hero was silly, yes, but that was kind of the whole point of that character. i'm glad they aren't having him do the Hero act in the WWE because it would clearly end up like Hurricane 2.0.

someone who's gimmick is that they win by KO... i just think their name should sound threatening, and not something that Lawler is going to squeal in a high pitched voice whenever they're embarrassed by their opponent in the ring.

there's a good chance he'll be repackaged though, so i'm not too worried about it.

UberTag

1st is the bolded.

2nd is several times he was supposed to win because it was his destiny and his destiny got stalled for a year. He was tossed into main events feuds very quickly and I think if he won the belt early on it's possible he might've gained more reaction.

3rd would be his character hasn't changed.

Personally I would love a Del Rio v. Ricardo + Ascensione feud.
Ascensione is Ricardo's FCW stable, correct?
I would love this, too.

As great as Ricardo is, it would be so awful and tedious for them to roll out yet another redux of the 'Virgil' angle with him. They definitely need to roll with Ricardo outsmarting Del Rio and unleashing an even more evil heel stable. Frankly, I can see people getting behind Del Rio as a face. Or a Del Rio+Sin Cara face tag team.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
there are so many names that start with O that don't make a silly phrase though. every time i read it, i hear michael cole shouting 'OH NO!' and fake laughing hysterically.

his promos are good. his ring work is good. i just don't like the name. it just seems pre designed to be made fun of. Chris Hero was silly, yes, but that was kind of the whole point of that character. i'm glad they aren't having him do the Hero act in the WWE because it would clearly end up like Hurricane 2.0.

someone who's gimmick is that they win by KO... i just think their name should sound threatening, and not something that Lawler is going to squeal in a high pitched voice whenever they're embarrassed by their opponent in the ring.

there's a good chance he'll be repackaged though, so i'm not too worried about it.

Hero would have to start actually look threatening. The name is the least of that string bean's worries.

sajj316

Sheamus is interesting that he has a unique look. He is bland with his promos (as a face) and even as a heel all he says is "I'm going to kick you in the face fella". His move-set serves him well but I wish he used the High Cross more. The Brogue kick is as interesting as the W.M.D.

Sheamus as the "Great White" makes no sense to me unless there is a shark somewhere. The Celtic Warrior was so much better.

Linkified

The only reason Cena has not been WWE Champ in over half a year or something is because Punk is still outselling him.

The only way to get recognition from Vince McMahon if you're not 300 pound of muscles is via his wallet.

Zack Ryder was outselling Cena made jackshit of a difference, plus 'Rise Above Hate' T-shirt is still the top seller for men and women.

Linkified

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apolo_Ohno

Right in FCW they have given him the first name of the greatest boxer and the surname of the guy above, an Olympian. Metaphorically speaking WWE has basically said he equal speed, power and charisma. Listen to Review-a-wai the Cassius promo's on their. Its a great name.

Entropia

No One Remembers
TNA is going to outlast WWE. They are like a cockroach.

TNA is being funded by an energy co. they have practically unlimited resources.

WWE supports themselves but does a lot of useless endeavors and has completely lost touch with the best demographic they can (13-20 y/os)

Kyoufu

TNA is being funded by an energy co. they have practically unlimited resources.

WWE supports themselves but does a lot of useless endeavors and has completely lost touch with the best demographic they can (13-20 y/os)

13-20 year old females love WWE though. It's mainly the young males that aren't watching anymore.

sajj316

If you want to see real no-selling then watch a Davey Richards match.

Oh the irony of those same people that swear by a Davey Richards match or any Indy match for that matter and crap on Cena for no selling ...

If you want to see good selling and ring psychology look at an Ambrose/Sir William Regal match from FCW. Loved every minute of it.

Clegg

Oh the irony of those same people that swear by a Davey Richards match or any Indy match for that matter and crap on Cena for no selling ...

If you want to see good selling and ring psychology look at an Ambrose/Sir William Regal match from FCW. Loved every minute of it.

Benoit/Regal from the Brian Pillman Memorial Show is the gold standard on how to build a good match.

Everyone should try and watch it at least once.

jmdajr

13-20 year old females love WWE though. It's mainly the young males that aren't watching anymore.

I watched a lot pre high school and then again in college. you just think you're too cool for anything when you're in high school. Its stupid but thats how it goes

I walk for miles inside this pit of danger.
A place where no one follows me, I walk aloooooooooooone.

I'm sick of all these people talkin' out their heads.
I've never understood a damn thing that they said.
From words to actions never knowing what they're about.
I guess I'll have to chew them up and spit them out.
And I'll say!

I walked for miles inside this pit of danger.
I've swallowed down a thousand years of anger.
The weight of the world is falling on my shoulders.
A place where no one follows me I walk aloooooooooooone.

I walk alooooooooooone.
Yeaaaaaaaaaaah.

I walked for miles inside this pit of danger.
I've swallowed down a thousand years of anger.
The weight of the world is falling on my shoulders.
A place where no one follows me I walk aloooooooooooooooooooooone.

I walk aloooooooooooooooooooone.

U1aNb.jpg

IxAfi.jpg

NRa2F.jpg

Dolph Ziggler is way too cool for this company. The look, the show off gimmick, the selling, the moveset, the fasttalkingwithouttakingbreathmicskills.

Give this man every title.

I'm more likely to be forgiving of no-selling and a lack of psychology if the match in question has been more entertaining, action packed and well paced that your average John Cena snooze-fest. So sure, Richads vs Elgin featured a ridiculous number of near-falls, some crazy hulking up and no-selling on Davey Richards' part and an overly-lengthy finishing sequence, but it was still the best match Mania weekend.

Striker

It's ridiculous they once again shipped Ziggler off to no man's land after getting another main event title shot at the Rumble Rumble the second year in a row. If he's not contending for the title continuously by years end he probably never will.

Clegg

I'm more likely to be forgiving of no-selling and a lack of psychology if the match in question has been more entertaining, action packed and well paced that your average John Cena snooze-fest. So sure, Richads vs Elgin featured a ridiculous number of near-falls, some crazy hulking up and no-selling on Davey Richards' part and an overly-lengthy finishing sequence, but it was still the best match Mania weekend.

I won't argue with that. But the constant near-fall, spot fests do get a little grating after a while.

Davey Richards is a very talented wrestler, but he needs to tone it down a little bit imo.

AJ Styles became a better wrestler when he reined his act in.

Kaladin

I have to go back and watch Richards vs Elgin, the rest of the show being kinda meh brought that match down for me. I was actually looking forward to Cole vs O'Rielly and they totally fucked that one, I expected a lot more out of Briscoes vs WGTT than a standard match and Edwards vs Steen was missing something to make it more than average.

As it stands, I think my favorite match of the weekend was either Low Ki vs Pac or the Dragon Gate Six Man.

UberTag

I thought Elgin "hulked up" more than Davey did... especially towards the end of the match although I gave him a pass given that his gimmick was being "unbreakable" and finding ways to take him down was largely the entire basis of the match.

Davey also seemed to be selling Elgin's offense more than I've seen him do in the past. I rather liked the ankle lock spot towards the end where both men looked exhausted and Davey was half-slumped over and barely able to keep his own balance while cinching the submission attempt in.

G-Fex

Del Rio is boring still even though he came in a awkward time to make a comeback.

He's boring even though he should have enough ingredients to make something good.

I think it's cause he doesn't really care or that he hasn't a clue where to go with it, or creative.

Yeah let's blame creative

somedevil

While the "YES!" chants for Daniel Bryan have gone over well with WWE officials, some in charge believe that the chants will end beginning with next week's WWE tapings and things will go back to normal for Bryan as far as crowd reaction goes.

Despite WWE expecting the chants to eventually go away, they will be releasing a new "YES" t-shirt soon. Bryan wrote on Twitter:

"The people have spoken, and @wweshop has listened. The #YesYesYes shirt may be out as soon as monday. Will keep you guys updated."

Find this funny. The fans have to prove to some in the WWE that the chants mean something rather then them using it to there advantage. Well at least they gave him a t-shirt for it. Also, he better be at extreme rules because the chants will be.

Top Bottom